How do you describe what you like to others?

Discussion in 'FA/FFA forum' started by NaeusofStryx, Dec 11, 2018.

1. Dec 11, 2018 #1

NaeusofStryx

NaeusofStryx

NaeusofStryx

It's all good

I don't mean that generally, like saying "I like big girls," or "I like my women on the plus side." I have a few close female friends who are always on the look-out for women to set me up with, but they don't exactly understand what my type is, the range of what I'm attracted to. They know I'm into bigger ladies, but it's such a broad category (pun intended) and words like "chubby, thick, fat" mean different things to different people.

In my mind, numbers like weight and dress size aren't the best descriptors because not everyone carries their weight the same, plus there's a shape connotation for me, too. Aside from flipping through a Torrid catalog or Instagram (which is probably what I'll have to do), what do you all say? Do you have any go-to shortcuts you use verbally? Just looking for other perspectives, thanks! :)

2. Dec 12, 2018 #2

loopytheone

loopytheone

loopytheone

Administrator Global Moderator

I suppose that depends what sort of size range/shape you are interested in.

BigElectricKat likes this.
  3. Dec 12, 2018 #3

AmyJo1976

AmyJo1976

AmyJo1976

FFA for life!

I just say that I like larger men. I don't elaborate on that unless the conversation goes farther.

4. Dec 12, 2018 #4

BBW1972

BBW1972

BBW1972

I say I like BHM's or a guy who has a good personality,respectful and is funny . Bonus if he has a beard!

DragonFly and AmyJo1976 like this.
  5. Dec 13, 2018 #5

Starling

Starling

Starling

I usually compare the guys I like to a celebrity - i.e. you could say “I love a girl who’s curvy but fit like Ashley Graham” or “I love short girls like Rebel Wilson”, which might help them visualize what you have in mind. In all fairness, I’m not certain this is exclusively an (F)FA issue, since friends setting you up with the wrong people seems to be a universal woe .

Last edited: Dec 14, 2018
  6. Dec 17, 2018 #6

extra_m13

extra_m13

extra_m13

personally... at this point in life i try to be as brutally honest as possible with phrases like... i like sexy chubby girls, it is better to have more than enough than a lack of it and some more... hoping that to be clear enough. bones are for dogs and so on. it is just really that simple, nothing beats a good old beer belly going with a beautiful face in a lady

OLD-LOVE likes this.
  7. Dec 17, 2018 #7

happily_married

happily_married

happily_married

Happy to be part of Dims!

I usually just say I like plus size women. I recently had a friend ask me a question about my wife and her weight. Her question was basically “did she gain weight and you’ve just had to accept it or do you genuinely like big girls.” Since my wife did gain some weight after we met I suppose both are somewhat true and that’s what I said.

If I ever go into detail I also explain I care more about shape than size. My wife has a backside that would make every last guy here on Dims (and probably some of the women) green with envy! If/when she loses weight she’ll still have an incredible shape so I really can’t miss.

LifelongFA likes this.
  8. Dec 17, 2018 #8

Shotha

Shotha

Shotha

I tell friends that I like fat guys with big bellies. I also make it quite clear that I expect quite ethical standards in my partners and that there has to be one interest in common for a relationship to work. If there's time I tell them a couple of funny stories about mismatches people have made in the past. This is to make it abundantly clear that I like fat men - not big muscly men, not very tall men, not men with big cocks. People in New Zealand still don't believe that some of us find fat people attractive.

ChocolateBear likes this.
  9. Dec 20, 2018 #9

grasso

grasso

grasso

l love the big girls

DragonFly, LifelongFA and AmyJo1976 like this.
  10. Dec 20, 2018 #10

AmyJo1976

AmyJo1976

AmyJo1976

FFA for life!

That's an excellent answer! :D

DragonFly and LifelongFA like this.
  11. Dec 22, 2018 #11

loopytheone

loopytheone

loopytheone

Administrator Global Moderator

When referring to what type of guys I like, I usually say that I like bigger guys and leave it at that. People who know me know exactly what I mean, and if they don't know me that well, then I don't care how they interpret things. I've only ever had people set me up on dates as a teenager and have no desire to ever do it again, hah.

doubledeezer likes this.
  12. Dec 22, 2018 #12

doubledeezer

doubledeezer

doubledeezer

You have summed it up perfectly . Anyone that knows me knows what i like and a simple "i like bbw or voluptuous women" is enough for anyone else.
    Generally people will get my point from that

loopytheone likes this.
  13. Dec 25, 2018 #13

John Smith

John Smith

John Smith

Well, I just say it.

LifelongFA likes this.
  14. Dec 26, 2018 #14

TwoSwords

TwoSwords

TwoSwords

I usually only respond to what other people say, so my means of describing my feelings varies based on what I'm replying to. Also, if I'm replying to someone expressing their own feelings of attraction to a thin person, I tend to limit my response to the simple confusion I feel over the idea that anyone could feel that way. I don't understand why they have those kinds of emotions, and like all emotions, it's not something you can really explain, I guess. It would be like me trying to explain my feelings to someone who found warmth, softness and size universally-repulsive. However, I'm done hiding my feelings when it's relevant, and I have a tendency to offer my condolences to those who proclaim that they've lost weight, or to become noticeably depressed when other people tell me that I've lost weight. When I'm asked to explain myself on any topic related to this, my response is

"Well, for me, physical beauty is a function of warmth, softness and size. Now, all girls have these qualities to some degree, but some have them way more than others. This is an even bigger deal for a guy like me, who notices touch sensations so much more strongly and more centrally than most other people seem to (touch sensations are the first thing I remember about most of the situations I've been in, like the smoothness of my desk, or the softness of a carpet.) Appearance won't keep me from talking to someone, or even being their friend, but it's hard for me to hug, or even shake hands with most thin people, because of how uncomfortable it is. I can do it if I have to, but it's never a joy, like it is with somebody who's fat."

Happy fat lover likes this.
  15. Jan 2, 2019 #15

LizzieJones

LizzieJones

LizzieJones

I just say I like men my age or older. I'm 57.

BigElectricKat likes this.
  16. Jan 2, 2019 #16

BigElectricKat

BigElectricKat

BigElectricKat

Not Really Well Known

That's kinda hard for me since I really don't discriminate on the basis of looks/size. If someone asks, I usually tell them that I like really intelligent women but that I don't have a preference when it comes to size (although I hope they're not so frail as that they could easily be broken).

The one time someone tried to set me up was a head-scratcher. I used to work at a radio station part time down in Panama City Beach Florida. One of the DJ's invited me and my then-girlfriend to dinner with him and his wife. We had a nice time and he could see what type of gal I liked. Then a couple months later (me and the other girl had split by then), he invited me to dinner and said his wife had a friend I might like. I get there, and the woman is TOTALLY opposite of my last girlfriend. We had a nice dinner and I even went on another date with her (she was a very sweet girl) but I wondered why he set me up with her in the first place.

17. Jan 3, 2019 #17

happily_married

happily_married

happily_married

Maybe he just figured you were open to “personality match.”

Being set up by people never worked for me. Part of that is my own fault though. Back in high school a couple times people would set me up with girls and they always seemed to be chubby. I was too much an idiot to embrace that awesomeness even though I knew I wanted to.:confused:

NaeusofStryx and AmyJo1976 like this.
  18. Jan 4, 2019 #18

NaeusofStryx

NaeusofStryx

NaeusofStryx

It's all good

You're not the only one :confused:

19. Jan 5, 2019 #19

happily_married

happily_married

happily_married

:confused:

What was wrong w us?

In my case it worked out because I eventually came around. A lot of those experiences have helped as my wife and I navigate weight related issues.

NaeusofStryx likes this.
  20. Jan 12, 2019 #20

BigFA

BigFA

BigFA

I usually say I like big, curvaceous women. To some of my buddies I say I like chubby women. And to my Jewish friends I say I really like "zaftig" women which means full-bodied or fat. I love that word.

DragonFly, SSBHM and NaeusofStryx like this.