Quantcast

How do you drink your coffee... or tea?

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

littlefairywren

Wren aka ISFJ
DM Supporter
Ooh I love tea! I adore the smell of coffee, but it gives me the jitters and I'm not fond of the aftertaste. I've tried decaf, but again, the aftertaste. I will eat anything made with coffee though. Cake, cheesecake etc.

I'm a bit weird in that I like cream in my tea (not milk), and always sweet. Irish or English breakfast.

Ho Ho Tai

Hi Ho! It's old Ho Ho.
Coffee - I like mine Finnish style, where you drink the top of the cup and chew the bottom. I see some other interesting delivery techniques - Dr Feelgood's direct injection - but I think those grounds at the bottom of the cup would plug up the catheter. Anal suppository? I don't think they sell them at Starbuck's. Only way I can think of to get some would be to freeze them in little tubes. Brrrr!

While I'm on a role - I'm 83 now and coffee keeps me 'going' - and getting up at night. When I was 4 y.o. my Swedish grandma gave me a bit of her 'soump' - yesterday's warmed-over coffee. I loved it - start of a life-long habit. She tried the same thing on my younger sister, who promptly spit it out and hasn't had a drop since.

Go figure (ah - a magic word, 'figure'. I really need to come back more often!)

Barrett

OMG, Becky, look at his belly.
DM Supporter
I prefer medium and dark roast coffee, though I occasionally will drink a blonde roast, but I always drink coffee black and brewed strong.
With regard to tea (usually regular green tea or jasmine green tea; sometimes Earl Grey), just straight, nothing added.

I drink iced tea unsweetened and without anything else added.

Last edited:

fat hiker

Coffee - filter, usually either one of the local espresso blends from Francesco's or the truly wonderful Bosnian coffee Zlatna Dzezva, which when run through a regular filter coffee maker is very rich and flavourful. A little sweetener or sugar, a little cream. (Hint, your local European deli will have Zlatna Dzezva for 1/4 the price that the on-line merchants charge. In Ottawa, FreshCo is also a good source. $7 instead of $84!)

Tea - either King Cole with a little milk, or Earl Grey black.. Unless my throat is sore, then it's Camomile all the way!

Tad

Dimensions' loiterer
Hi Ho! It's old Ho Ho.
Coffee - I like mine Finnish style, where you drink the top of the cup and chew the bottom. I see some other interesting delivery techniques - Dr Feelgood's direct injection - but I think those grounds at the bottom of the cup would plug up the catheter. Anal suppository? I don't think they sell them at Starbuck's. Only way I can think of to get some would be to freeze them in little tubes. Brrrr!
(I've probably said this here before, but my anyway) My Finnish grandfather used to say that there was no such thing as strong coffee, only weak people. And when his parents homesteaded in pretty rough land that didn't offer a lot more than subsistance, the one real luxury was that they went into Sudbury each winter with the sledge behind the horse (they could travel up the river, the only easy route at first) to visit the coffee broker and pick up their sacks of green beans to carry them through the year. My Mom never knew the details of that coffee, but when we bought her some Jamaican Blue Mountain beans for a present one year she claimed the taste reminded her of the coffee they used to have when she was little.

Which is all to say, the Finns take their coffee seriously!

But being only quarter Finn, I don't boil it or make it so strong. We buy beans from local roasters (we swap around the specific beans to keep things fresh, but generally a more medium roast), have a little electric grinder at home, and most of the time use a french press. (occasionally I'll use the espresso machine we inherited from my Dad after he passed). I take it with a tiny touch of sugar and nothing else mostly (occasionally I'll throw in a spoonful of ground chocolate and some of my wife's coconut based creamer to make a mocha sort of thing).

Tea I take black, generally just a generic orange pekoe but I'll happily enough drink a darjeeling or 'irish breakfast'.

Last edited:

DitzyBrunette

Well, filibuster.
Oh boy do I LOVE my coffee. I crave it before I even open my eyes. Coldstone creamer is actual heaven on earth; however, I keep that to a weekend treat and during the week I keep it healthier (for specific reasons). I brew my coffee with a good old fashioned coffee pot, nothing fancy, and I mix it with Splenda and half of a vanilla latte Atkins protein shake. It has caffeine in it, too, so bonus caffeine 🤪🥳

CPProp

A bright spark, but need to be plugged in
Yorkshire gold tea is my preference and unless I’m in a hurry, brewed for 5 minutes, a good alternative is M & S extra strong tea (a bit like builders tea), which ever they are drunk neat.

Medium roast Filter coffee once a day, with a little sugar and milk.

Reactions: Tad

MattB

Canucklehead
DM Supporter
I generally drink my coffee using my mouth.

Seriously though, I add MCT oil and French Vanilla Coffee Mate. I used to drink it black, but my tastes have changed.

LunaPlenus

DimensionsModel
Tea is always Iced and Sweet.
Coffee with Milk and Sugar. I really like the Starbucks Siren's Blend. Light and slightly citrusy with a hint of cocoa.

Tracyarts

Coffee: Lots of milk, and a little bit of sugar.

Hot tea: Either straight, maybe just a little bit of honey, or milk and a little bit of honey, or milk and a little bit of sugar.

Iced tea: Usually unsweetened, sometimes lemon, occasionally lemon and a little bit of sugar or honey.

I tend to like most drinks unsweetened or slightly sweet. Unless it's juice, cocoa, cider, flavored coffee, lemonade tea, etc...

DiamondEyes

I do love a strong cup of coffee, no milk or sugar.

But I am a massive tea drinker (especially green tea). Again, no milk or sugar. I drink a mixture of loose leaf and teabags. I have even got an individual teapot which I love, and it truly makes a proper cuppa! 😁.

James1662

Artificial sugar, like Equal. 2 packets. Plus a ton of creamer. Must be able to taste the creamer a lot. Flavored creamers, not just regular.

Also drink a lot of the Keurig cups. I buy a box of cappuccino cups and drink those one after another.

AuntHen

Chicken Whisperer 🐔
DM Supporter
Well, I posted my latte a bit back. I do NOT like sugar in my coffee. I'm a frickin coffee and tea snob, sooooo this post would go on for days if I shared all of it 😛☕
Anyone like Boba tea? My niece and I got so obsessed with it, that we bought our own Boba on Amazon and it was just Boba this Boba that Boba Boba Boba 😄😎🧋

Reactions: Tad

Latest posts