How do you feel about non-fetish fat chat?

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

Ffancy

I’m wondering how others react to things like this... The man I’m interested in was telling me that he got so excited about Dairy Queen reopening that he had gone two days in a row. I felt like that was a provocatively flirtatious thing to say - even though I am reasonably sure he didn’t mean it to be! Just the thought of him indulging in ice cream though, I was a-flutter.

I do wonder what people who don’t have this kink are thinking when they do things like this. My ex who was a foodie and a fat man but not a feedee/gainer, he used to describe past good meals to me in glorious detail sometimes. I found it highly erotic. I know he got more non-sexual pleasure out of eating that most people do and that was why he was so fat (over 400 last I saw him, sigh) despite not having a fetish for it.

magodamilion2

It can be super awkward for me, because I know no one else is interpreting it the way I am interpreting it. And it is never people I am interested in that way, it's always the most uncomfortable people that do this around me. Like co-workers or professors or even relatives. They use the same sorts of charged language that would fit so neatly into an erotic story, you can't help but take it that way. It always makes me blush and feel embarrassed and wish they'd stop talking, it almost feels the same way it would feel if someone unexpected just started talking about their sex life in an extremely detailed way.

Then this other time I always remember, I was in a creative non-fiction writing class once years ago, and this girl wrote this story about her complicated relationship with her father. There was one scene where she reunited with him after not seeing him for years and I think she was intending to make him seem repulsive, based on the other details she included, but man oh man did she describe his weight gain in rapturous detail. We all had to read our stories out loud when it was our turn to get our story judged, and when she read that I was literally like ohhhh fuck is this an incest story!!! What kind of way is this to write about your father??? Then I remembered no one else thinks weight gain is erotic, and she was just trying to describe her surprise at seeing him and how he's declined over the years in a variety of other ways she also went into in detail.

Tempere

Everything I said could be wrong
I usually try to steer myself away from it and talk about other topics as to not give that impression or have the other person wonder are they talking about the fetish or not. Over the years, not all the people I’ve chatted with are just about the fetish, but rather just like having a random daily conversation about other topics.

I think it’s a good thing to set boundaries for yourself and with others you engage in. Some are truly out there just for the fetish and others just want someone to interact with about whatever.

GeeseHoward

Yeah I get what you're all saying. It's difficult to not interpret any other way, especially when some people are so passionate about food but in a non sexual way. I guess a lot of people are simply die hard foodies. It would be interesting to know if we have give away signs in our reactions that show we feel something more to the stories and descriptions these people tell. I'm fairly confident I have met some passionate feedees/gainers in public who tell me their stories.

Tad

Dimensions' loiterer
It can certainly be confusing!

My wife is a foodee and small bbw (and she was of pretty normal weight when we met, from which point she gained steadily up into bbw sizing), and while she has no fat or food related sexual kinks, there is a remarkable amount of overlap with my FA/feeder/feedee kinks. In fact it took me a few years to realize that she was not into the same things as I was, because I couldn't imagine anyone having that much lust for food without it being a sexual thing.

Rob hudson

I've run into this a time or too. For example when some girl talks about how her butt is getting bigger. She bemoans it, I get excited by it. Or when, in one of my other online communities, they'll be talking about how they saw a fat girl trying to squeeze into a small space. I sit there and think wow, I wish I had been there.