How do you feel about the idea of stories set during the current crisis?

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

gythaogg

As a community, there is a general understanding here that we might use fiction or visual art to explore uncomfortable fantasies, or fantasies that others might find disconcerting. I've found myself writing a story intended for a Dims audience for the first time in years, set mid-COVID, because right now erotica seems to be the only fiction I'm capable of writing, but I'm nervous about posting. How do you feel as a reader or writer about things like weight-gain-in-quarantine fantasies? How would you like to see us handling this kind of material in terms of content warnings or approaches to the subject matter?

Corey

Corey
That’s a tough one. Since I have not been affected by the virus, or know of anyone who has, then I personally would not mind the content. However, because I am human, if I got to thinking about it too deeply, then my mind might change. I wouldn’t get to thinking about it too deeply, though, because I’m able to turn off certain switches in my brain when needed and if I want to. I can compartmentalize things well. I only speak for myself, though.

Quarantine is the absolute perfect scenario for people who love the realistic-type fantasies, such as myself. I was thinking just the other day how about 10 years ago, the quarantine scenario would have me allll hot and bothered in a realistic fantasy land, where weight gain and sex could come together in the perfect consummation.

I think a specific disclaimer at the beginning of your story should be enough. That way, people won’t be surprised. And after reading the disclaimer, it would be their choice to continue, giving you no ‘faults’ over the matter.

Corey

Corey
Obvious things would cross the line no matter the disclaimer, such as a person resulting in death due to the virus; someone being permanently ill or physically damaged from the virus; speaking too in depth about any financial losses or job losses. So I guess just keep things out that are easy triggers, or things that will cause a hard hit to the heart.

DaveTheBrave

I agree. The devil is in the details. If you are respectful toward the fact that it’s a terrible time for some families, I think you’re fine to have your characters have their own unique experience.

After all, I know a lot of people just figure they’ll be gaining weight due to the quarantine.

And I know that some folks who are gainers are thriving on the fact they can spend months waddling no further than the front door for delivery...

Last edited:

jakemcduck

Well I'm going to write about it. I have a spin off of Belle of the Drive In that I'm working on. As soon as the storyline gets to 2020 I'm writing it in.

I have to write about it. I'm a little bitter about not being quarantined with a beautiful determined FFA during this, so I have to write about it to stay sane. I'd be like a human waterbed by now, in feedee heaven. I'd have to cut a slit in a sheet for my head. That's what I'd be doing for clothing. By the time the lockdown is over I'd have to have the fire company cut out the bedroom wall and take me away on a crane.

Latest posts