• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

How Do You Store Alot Of Clothes In One Closet?

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cherylharrell

Always Mikes Big Girl
Let me preface this by saying I cannot get rid of any of my clothes as when my hubby passed in March 2009 from a heart attack and I had to move in with my folks so I could rent out my home for income, I had to pitch stuff I did not wear anymore. What I have I cannot get rid of as being plus sized I would never find another one like it. I hang my hangers on those things that allow ya to hangers on on thing, saving space and plan to do that in the apartment my folks and I are moving to. I've never lived in an apartment before, only homes so definitely and adjustments.

I will be moving again. After Mike passed in March 2009, I moved in with my folks who live in a subdivision for Seniors 55 plus. Now my folks are moving again. I can’t afford to live by myself plus it is too lonely and my mom needs me to help her watch my dad. I thought I was where I would be till my folks passed but here I am again uprooted again.

My Aunt recently moved into an apartment complex for seniors 55 plus where you live in your own apartment but have small kitchen with no oven or stove cuz they have a dining area you eat in that’s like a restaurant and they serve you. There are activities they have that you can participate in. If you need help you pull a call box. The rent covers all your expenses, cable, light bill, heating etc. Everything except for telephone and internet. It’s an hr away from us in the big city.

Well my mom has decided to have she, my dad and I move in there cuz she thinks it will be easier to take care of my dad in a place like that. And they can get help from the Veterans thingy since my dad was in WWII to help pay for it. And if he ever needs more help in taking care of him they can get nurses to come in and help care for him,. He’ll be 90 in June. So it looks about the week of June 15 or so my life will be upturned. There are no places like this around close where we live. Only senior apartments where you have to cook for yourself or old folks homes where you are there essentially waiting to die. It’s a shame cuz we’d all rather be closer. My mom is thinking if she passes first then it will be easier for me to take care of my dad. If my dad goes first then, if she can still get help from the Veterans on paying the rent they we may stay there. If not then we go back to my folks house. After my folks pass I will probably have to move into Senior apartments near my folks house. That looks like a safer neighborhood.

They have activities you can do there like a knitting group I plan to join and walking (we’ll see how long I last at doing that). My mom will be needing me to watch my dad a lot which means on Thurs I might not get to go to my Thurs knitting group for awhile cuz she wants me to watch him on Thursdays. I don’t mind watching him tho but sure hate to miss the knitting group. My folks are gonna keep their house which is good cuz I can leave there stuff I won’t have room for. Like I can keep my scrapbooks of my stars and other stuff like that in my folks attic. Stuff I don’t use all the time but still need like some velvet tops and pants I wear around Christmas and some Christmas tops and sweaters and deep winter sweaters, I can keep them at my folks house and get them around Christmas when I need them.

I don’t mind moving except for a coupla of things. It will be an hr from where I live which means it will be an hr from my friends and church. I still plan to g.o to our church on Sundays even tho they have one at the apartments. I’ll go to the one at the apartments when it is too bad a weather to go to our church. Mike grave is near the church so I visit it every Sunday either before or after church. Sad thing is my friends will be an hr away. If my friend Debbie calls wanting me to meet her at Walmart or the mall it won’t be 5 or 10 mins away or meet a Shoney’s it won’t be 20 mins away, it will be a n hr away. I’ll have to be told the nite before and not spur of the moment, let’s go. I still plan to go spend time with my friends. Just a further trip.

And I’ll probably have less room which I am not keen about. There is only one closet in my room, a foyer closet and in my folks room a closet for my mom and one for my dad. To store my winter coats, I will have tio put them in the foyer closet. Shoes will have to go under the bed in a underbed shoes thing and my extra yarn in an underbed box cuz the closet has to have as much room for my clothes as possible. My folks still have my old bedroom set I had when I was a kid, so I will use that for my furniture. It has a desk to it which I will use for my computer. And a bookcase which I plan to put some of my records (the rest will have to stay in my folks attic until I need them), my cd’s some of my dvd’s and books in.

I don’t mind moving except I hate I will be further from my friends and in less space. I just got used to being here and now I am moving again. Oh well.

Thanks for any advice.

Latest posts

Back