How do you wear a denim vest??

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

Aust99

Hey... I bought a denim vest recently, similar to this one - View attachment 71585 but without the studs on the front and I have worn it with a flower pettern dress and boots. I was wondering if any of you ladies have embraced the vest this season and would love to hear what you wear them with.

I think as a plus size girl they can look great and I'm hoping to hear about more people wearing them.

I need inspiration as I'm at a loss at the moment. It's spring in Aust now so if you wore them over the summer your thoughts would help me too. It's starting to warm up! yay:happy:

Inhibited

Hey... I bought a denim vest recently, similar to this one - View attachment 71585 but without the studs on the front and I have worn it with a flower pettern dress and boots. I was wondering if any of you ladies have embraced the vest this season and would love to hear what you wear them with.

I think as a plus size girl they can look great and I'm hoping to hear about more people wearing them.

I need inspiration as I'm at a loss at the moment. It's spring in Aust now so if you wore them over the summer your thoughts would help me too. It's starting to warm up! yay:happy:

I like the vest with a summer dress, i think it is a great style..

goofy girl

took a sharp left turn
black turtleneck, jeans and black ankle boots

EDIT: i just noticed you're in Oz...so maybe not a turtleneck LOL

Aust99

thanks ladies... I love the dress and vest look too.... the issue I had with wearing them with jeans was the 'denim on denim' look.... ok only if they are diff colour denims?? or still a bit cowboyish?

Thanks for your suggestions. :)

Inhibited

I think denim on denim can be a bit to much as well, like in the first pic, but i like the second pic when the top is longer than the vest. I can't pull it off but i also like the look with leggings.

bobbleheaddoll

loves her bhm!
was peekin on the web for ideas for you...seem to see alot of denim vests as the pop of color over a monochromatic outfit...like black tee, black pants and the vest...

let us know what you choose!

cherylharrell

Always Mikes Big Girl
I had a few of those a few yrs back but outgrew them. I remember wearing them with pants & jeans. Kinda cowboyish (er cowgirlish) looking...

katorade

How about with a nice pair of structured wide-leg linen trousers and a really feminine blouse with a ruffled placket and short sleeves? It is getting warm there, right?

Back in the day we used to jokingly refer to denim on denim as a "Canadian tuxedo", though I can't say Canada had specific rights on the look. I saw plenty of hockey hair and Wrangler pants suits south of the Mason Dixon.

Tracii

A denim vest looks great with wide legged kaki's and a plain colored Tee.
A blouse with a ruffled front or sleeves looks great too with say black jeans.
Katorade's idea is great too.
You can really do a lot with a denim vest and a skirt or dress.
Bangles on your wrist and a chunky necklace work great for a casual look.
I have worn mine with a cami and jeans and thought it looked pretty cute.
Not too cowboyish IMO.

Tania

Disneyland Bobsled Team
For a nineties look, you could wear your vest over a 3/4 sleeve ballet-style top in a solid color and a short knit or ruffley skirt in a darker solid color (I like black!). Oh and a long pendant necklace! :D

Aust99

Thanks for all the suggestions ladies.. I'm going to wear it some time this week and I'll take a pic for the clothing thread. It is defiantly getting hot here now, was 36 degrees Celsius (96.8 Fahrenheit) yesterday, and it's only spring... I'll be wearing the vest with a dress I think, or with black wide leg pants and a loose short sleeve top I think. :)

Latest posts