How is everyone handling the heat?

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

Tracyarts

Staying indoors most of the time and running the air conditioning. Wearing light, loose, cotton and linen clothes. Staying well hydrated. It's actually not overly hot here, at least not yet. We get our hottest temperatures around August and September here.

Marshmallow Minotaur

Short fat bear
Not well, I don’t like it. I liked it when I was a runner and mountain biker. I loved exercising in the heat. It wasn’t really exercise it was what I liked doing. But I was 10-15 years younger. Now the heat really bothers me. Maybe it’s my weight, who knows?

tonynyc

Slow Dance Aficionado
I don't handle the heat and humidity well at all. Glad for A/C

Green Eyed Fairy

Funky Faerie Queene
I keep a fan on my desk at work. I wont share how much I paid to have the a/c in my car fixed. I pay more for air conditioning than heat.
Does all this give you an idea of how I handle it?

Lear

By avoiding it.
Wearing as little as possible in front of a fan while running the AC at a reasonable level.
Though even if it wasn't hot I'd avoid outside cause pollen sucks and I live in a verdant hellscape

Orchid

Sitting next to the AirCooler no A/C here. Have to watch my fluids intake so just small glass of water.
My fridge/freezer died and the new one has no ice cubes maker no cold water dispenser so is just small water bottle in fridge. I also have a footbath near ( is empty now) but use it to soak feet/ankles in cool water with herbs or just plain water. And in freezer have small ice-pack for cooling wrists.

FFAFarmher

I get the privilege of working outside in the heat, makes a person grateful for AC on full blast and lots of H20

Usually would go to the local swimming hole but this drought has the river very low.

op user

Some water now and then, using the municipal pool literally across the street from my place and not really caring about.

Rojodi

Been nice the last few days. I've not had to run into a pool to chill, not had to be naked to be able to function