• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

How much do you eat?

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SuperMishe

Single. Wanna mingle?
I waffled (heh) back and forth about where to put this... the Main Board, the Health Board, or here, but since we love food so much, I decided the Foodie board was it. However, if a Mod feels it belongs elsewhere, please do move it!

Throughout my time in the SA movement, I've heard over and over again that fat people, or most fat people, don't eat any more than average sized people do. In fact, I've repeated that mantra myself when defending size acceptance. I remember when planning NAAFA conventions (both local and helping with national), we were told that hotels reported we ate no more than other groups/conventions did. And this was always repeated with pride, as though it proved something. As though it meant we were right about the "fact" that we didn't overeat and we were fat because of __________ (enter your favorite reason here).

But you know what - I DO eat more than the average sized person. A lot more. And when I'm with my BBW/SSBBW friends, IMO, they ALL eat more than an average sized person as well.

So I wonder, how many of us do and admit to eating more? For example, when you have cookies, are you really able to take 3 cookies from the package with a cup of tea, sit on the couch and eat them and feel satisfied afterward? Or are you like me and bring the whole bag into the living room and suddenly find yourself doing that "OMG was that the last cookie" reach into that bag? Is the family sized bag of chips actually a single serving for you? How long does a bag of Hersheys Kisses last in your house? If you buy a pound of ground beef to make burgers, how many burgers do you make from it and how many do you eat?

I hope this post doesn't come across as something for a feeder to get turned on by, because it's not meant to be taken that way. I just want to know if I'm the only one that eats a lot more than everyone else does or will admit to?

Latest posts

Back