How popular is dimensions?

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

beginner FA

I think this is just the beginning for dimensions and the rest of the size acceptance movement. I think that the size acceptance movement is one of the most important movements in todays society.

There is nothing that I hate more than a girl being put down for her size. I know there are worse things, but this is just one of those things that gets my blood boiling. I also have this dream that one day the size acceptance movement will be a mainstream organisation that most people will know of and on the whole approve of and women being put down for their size would be a rarity.

But, does anyone have any info on how fast it is expanding at the moment? I ask this also because I think a lot of other members would be intersted in the the progress of dimensions as a whole.

If there is already other posts about this or if it is obvious I am sorry.

James

vibeout
Dimensions keeps growing and growing. If you look on the main page you can see there are tens of thousands of registered users. There are usually about 3 times more unregisted users viewing the pages at any one time as well. Its a huge community and it gives, in different ways, to many, many people.

The size acceptance community outside of dimensions is also growing in numbers. There are party events like Heavenly Bodies being held on the East Coast of the US on a regular basis and we've got BGP over here in the UK too.

On the political front there are many organizations and blogs that represent a whole range of views on the subject. Not everybody agrees on everything (and it gets pretty heated) but in the most part, we are all working in the same direction. We aren't there yet as most of the activism seems to still be online-based and there remains infighting on the principles that should underpin the movement.

All in all though, there's a lot to be positive about, especially when you consider where things were 5 or 10 years ago.

corbinFA

the thing that sucks is that a good chunk of the people on here are just lurkers that go straight to the fat/sexuality forums.

MancFA

Pride of the North
I kno it says there are over 30,000 members but how many of them are actually active? Iv only been here a short while but i tend to see a lot of the same names each time i log on whilst theres a lot of users on the members list with a zero post count and im sure others that joined a while ago that may have stopped using the forums quite so much.

Chimpi

into the shining sun
I kno it says there are over 30,000 members but how many of them are actually active? Iv only been here a short while but i tend to see a lot of the same names each time i log on whilst theres a lot of users on the members list with a zero post count and im sure others that joined a while ago that may have stopped using the forums quite so much.
You are right - it usually is the same active members posting over and over again. Granted new people keep popping up (such as yourself and BeginnerFA) and posting in with the active crowd as well, there are only, I would say, a few hundred active/regular posters. Activity, however, does not mean growth nor hindrance. It is worth noting that a lot of unregistered, newly registered and/or non-active members are generally viewing The Weight Board or the Plus-Size Paysite Board; however, Size Acceptance on a wide scale has to start somewhere. For me, it started with my horny, young ass looking up pictures of fat women. I am sure the trend will continue.

As far as how popular Dimensions is, statistically speaking it's among the highest growing online forums anywhere. The only problem I see is that it's an online forum and not much else anywhere else (other than the bashes and individual views). We're still much larger than we have ever been and will continue to grow, hopefully.

Lovelyone

Fat, and loveable!
I think that a lot more people READ the forums than actually participate in them. I know that some people can get as much from reading about others experiences..and reflecting on their own, rather than posting something personal for all to see and voice an opinion on. Either way this place is a wonderful place to find yourself when you are feeling a little confused.