• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

How to deal with friends/family?

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Everyone! I'm new here and thought that this would be a perfece place to ask for some advice.

About me: I'm 34, 5'6" and weigh 221 lbs.

My weight has always fluctuated between 200 - 210, until recently. About 6 months ago I moved from a high stress city (NY) and job (Regional Mgr) to a low stress city (Jacksonville) and job (Accounting). After I made my move and settled into my new place, my weight began climbing.

I guess the stress had been keeping it in check all those years... Anyhow, my weight climbed to 215, I started limiting what I ate and how much I ate and was able to keep it in check. This was no fun at all.

Then mid-November came along. Thanksgiving dinner, parties, chocolate gift baskets, all the usuall holiday stuff. My weight started climbing again, to 221 lbs as of this morning.

Here's the thing though: I've never been happier than I have been the last month -- when I ate everything I wanted, as much as I wanted -- without restriction. I can really feel the extra weight now, espcially when I roll over in bed at night. The truth is: I like the way it feels and looks and love being able to eat anything I want and as much as I want of it! Besdies that, I tiny little part of me is intrigued by gaining weight.

So, I've made a decision today... I am no longer going to limit what I eat or how much I eat anymore.

Now the question:

Obviously, my weight is going to continue to climb. During the holidays it's easy for friends/family to ignore it. But come January, when the holidays over -- a few are bound to notice that my weight not only is not going down, it's continuing to climb...

So, what's the best way to respond/handle it when they inevitably bring it up? I know they'll mean well, but I'd rather a quick conversation, leading to them never bringing it up again. What I don't want to do is: Tell them I'm letting myself get fat on purpose (and then have to explain it) or insult them, in any way.

I'm sure many of you must have been here before... I'd appreciate hearing your stories and suggestions!

I think I'm gonna have some more ice cream, then go to bed! :eat1:

Thanks!

Latest posts

Back