• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

How to help a friend suffering from anorexia? (urgent)

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GeorgeNL

I know this is a very difficult subject, but maybe some of you can give a good advice.

A good friend of me is suffering for years now from anorexia. She has gone through many therapies, including psychotherapie and a special centers for people with eating disorders. But not really with much succes.
A small improvement has been made in that she admits that something in her brain blocks her from eating normally. In the beginning she was just fooling herself and others. But currently the situation has become really critical. She is almost only skin and bones and her body is not even able to keep her temperature stable. I am very afraid that she won't make it another few months. Last week I had the feeling I could see the death in her eyes, it is like all flames have gone out.
She has a great husband, but we all are desparate and running out of options. She is really a lovely person, but her mind is ill.The situation has become really urgent now, and I wonder if there is anything that still can be done to save her. I'm afraid that not with free will and as she is suffering so long, I don't even know if her body can handle a normal meal.

Does anyone know if there is anything that can be done to save her?
For some reason she seems to like me very much, and she often asks me to visit them. We (her husband and I) always need to hold her a while, because she is afraid to die and a tight hug releases some fear.
Being a good friend, can I do something extra?

Thanks,

George

Latest posts

Back