• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

How to help my girlfriend's self-esteem

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nerdFA

Hi all,

I just wanted to ask the groupthink here about one thing.
My girlfriend and I have been together for a year now (I'm 18, she's 19), and she's the first BBW I've ever dated. For the most part, it's amazing. I've never been so attracted to someone as I am to her, and mentally and emotionally she provides me with more support than my family and friends put together. She's all in all an amazing girl, and I'm beyond lucky to have her in my life.

There's one thing though. She hates her weight. She's not the type that is constantly complaining about it, or constantly going on fad diets. Rather, she almost never mentions it and when she does it's when she's talking about how ugly she thinks she is. And it absolutely kills me. She deals with enough depression as it is, the last thing I want to see is her hating how she looks, when in reality she's very beautiful (even to a non-FA). I tell her that she's beautiful constantly, but she always kinda looks at me sadly when I say that, like she doesn't believe me. She once told me that her ex, whom she dated for over 1.5 years, never once said that she was beautiful. So I guess that probably effects her a lot.
I really want to change that though. I really want to do whatever I can to help her self-esteem, no matter what.

So basically, my question is this:
1. To the (F)FAs out there, if you have/had a BBW partner(s), how did you help them accept who they are?
2. To the BBWs out there, how did you come to terms with your size?

Thanks in advance guys :)

Latest posts

Back