How to make an omelet.

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

Fuzzy

Just a dirty old man
for a moment there, I was thinking the point of the video was that to make a proper omelet.. you make scrambled eggs. :doh:

spiritangel

AmandaClause
I dont like them unless they are brown, to each their own and I hate runny scrambled eggs so I think it depends on what you like I want mine to be browned

Dr. Feelgood

intellectual nerd
I like my omelet the way I like my women -- a little fluffier than what you see on TV. So I don't stir it like the lady in the video: when it starts to get firm, I pop it under the broiler for a couple of minutes so it will cook on top. The result is so light and fluffy it almost floats off the plate! :eat2:

Skye23

I think what we've learned here today is that the proper way to make an omelette is .....

The way YOU like it - unless of course you're preparing it for someone else or you're being paid to prepare it a certain way.

smithnwesson

Drug dealer
There ain't nuffin' better for breakfast than a classic French omelet with a couple pieces of bacon and a fresh local tomato. I just picked the first tomato from my garden today.

Pics will follow. . .

Life is good.:) -Jim

LifeTraveller

Sporadic Poster
There ain't nuffin' better for breakfast than a classic French omelet with a couple pieces of bacon and a fresh local tomato. I just picked the first tomato from my garden today.

Life is good.:) -Jim
Oh yes! Shortly after my daughter graduated from culinary school, and before she left to start her new career... I asked her to make me a simple omelet. She of course did better than that, and it was lovely. .

She asked why I wanted something so simple. . I told her I just wanted to brag about having a $25,000 omelet. . She rolled her eyes, shook her head and walked out of the room laughing!! Dang it was a good omelet though!!

fat9276

for a moment there, I was thinking the point of the video was that to make a proper omelet.. you make scrambled eggs. :doh:

well would have agreed from the first part of the video but watching until the end it was a pretty nice one :p

Group builder