Howard Stern Needs His Chain Jerked - Hard! Bad Dog!

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

moore2me

Lions don't need to spank
By now I'm sure you have heard the vile, nasty remarks Howard Stern made overs the radio about Gabourey Sidibes. He said she was the fattest girl he had ever seen and was too fat to get any more Hollywood roles. His evil remarks are likely to hurt the spirit of the brilliant new actress, Ms. Sidibes, who up until now has been well received (from what I can tell) in the film industry. I can't even imagine having the personal strength, courage, and talent to do what she has done. I feel the least we can do is "put a few burrs under Mr. Stern's saddle." His remarks are wrong. They are those of a hatemonger and they have no place in a society that is trying to improve itself from crimes and evils of the past. What he is spewing out, to quote Mr Stern himself, is just "pig vomit".

His remarks are racist, sexist, and fat hating, Male stars that are/were fat are totally cool and no problem. Guys such as John Goodman, Louie Anderson, Brian Dennehy, Charles Durning, the late Chris Farley, John Candy, and John Belushi are/were beloved by movie fans.

Fat female stars who have had roles (altho not as many as the men) are: Cameryn Manheim, Cathy Bates, Rosanne Barr, Queen Latifah, Monique, the late Shelly Winters, Mae West, Jane Darwell (Ma Joad in The Grapes of Wrath), and Hattie McDaniel (Mammy in Gone With the Wind) - plus many more.

Here are a couple of links to Howard's offensive broadcast.
http://celebrifi.com/gossip/HOWARD-STERN-GABOUREY-SIDIBES-TOO-FAT-FOR-HOLLYWOOD-1790094.html
http://www.showbizspy.com/article/201243/howard-stern-gabourey-sidibes-too-fat-for-hollywood.html

One of Howard's main employer at this time is Sirrus/XM radio. This is private satellite radio that we use in our cars or can receive in our homes or businesses. [We currently have this service in the M2M cars - but this is about to change unless something is done about Mr. Stern! ] I think he either needs to be taken off the air or he needs to make a public, sincere, apology to Ms. Sidibes (that she accepts). I cannot continue to support XM/Sirrus radio (and Howard Stern) in this fat bashing and abuse of Ms. Sidibes. XM radio is going to lose my $240 a year if they don't fix this problem. Anyone else offended by Mr Stern's broadcast should follow their conscience.

Here is a link to XM/Sirrus satellite or internet radio.
http://www.xmradio.com/

They have a webpage featuring Stern and two channels completely devoted 24hrs a day (ugh!) to his broadcasts.
http://www.xmradio.com/talk/index.xmc Howard Stern featured on this webpage.
http://www.xmradio.com/howard100 Hear Howard like he’s never been heard before – live and uncensored beginning at 6:00 am ET and replayed all day and night.
http://www.xmradio.com/howard101 (west coast feed)

ThatFatGirl

Why am I still here?
His comments were horrible, but what else do you expect from Howard Stern? He calls every non-hardbody fat.

Weirdo890

I just find it hard to believe that he's popular. I guess he appeals to all of those people who feel there's too much tolerance in the world and want the world to go back to when you could be openly racist, misogynistic, homophobic, etc. and not be attacked for it. Some say he's merely doing an act, well I say the act is old and done. Time to go away. Okay, rant over.

exile in thighville

groups/347570880589/
i'm amazed at

1. how offended everyone is by this

2. that people could still be offended by howard stern

toni

In the know
What else do you expect from such an ignorant pig? He really has no room to speak. Has he ever looked at himself in a mirror? GROSS!

Blackjack

Fupa Troopa
In other news, Howard Stern is desperately pulling another stunt to stay in the public eye.

Saoirse

is it weird that I would totally get nasty with Howard Stern? I dont know what it is, but something about that man gets me hot.

wtchmel

He is an ass! I'm not a fan. Yet, I will say that on oscar night I was thinking that I really wonder if she'll get that many roles due to her size, considering the fucked up society that we live in, and how thin obsessed hollywood is. I hope she does, I love her and love looking at that beautiful face. We'll see.

duraznos

apparently she's already got some roles lined up: http://www.litelysalted.com/2010/03/howard-stern-reeks-of-whiskey-and-sits-o.php

i think people are reacting to howard so strongly about this because this is supposed to be gabby's moment-- the week after her big night as an oscar nominee, her chance to revel in the spotlight and the positive attention that most people are giving her -- and he sorta ruined it. i hope she can brush it off and stay positive.

BBW Betty

Made My Saving Throw
Quote from one of the comments:

"I think the real issue is that people are profoundly uncomfortable with a woman that size showing up on their TVs without being apologetic and ashamed of herself. I've seen many comments along the lines of "she needs to lose weight for her own health," but I wonder if what these posters really want is for her to lose weight so they don't have to be confronted with her and the issues she represents."

This says it all.

Tau

IXAMXDECADENCE
Its honestly like they can't stand that she's not embarrassed of herself - that she walks proud and is smart and funny and sweet and hugely talented. They can't believe that this fat, dark skinned black woman does not hate everything about herself and that intimidates them. I hope Gabourey goes on to act in many amazing and different roles - I hope this will be an instance where the gate keepers in that world don't give in to the racist, sexist stereotype and actually respect and reward real talent, no matter what it looks like. And I hope that this young woman stays strong and proud and does not do the whingeing fatty thing that most fat actresses pull. That would be the real embarrasment in my opinion.

TraciJo67

Tau, I'd like to believe that she's laughing on her way to the bank and then to Bed Bath 'n Beyond to find a lovely new shelf for her Oscar.

Although I can readily understand that no matter how rich and famous she is, and becomes (she's a fabulous actress and we haven't seen the last of her), such comments publicly scrutinizing her would be very hurtful. What bothers me isn't so much the fat-bashing -- I expected that from the Howard Stern's of the world. It's that they are also taking it many steps beyond that, and approaching publicly sanctioned racism (sanctioned in that their licenses hasn't been yanked and advertisers do not appear to be muzzling them). Fat hatred has always seemed to be one last bastion of socially acceptable displays of ignorance and intolerance. I thought that overt racism went by the wayside long ago.

DeniseW

Fat don't crack!!
I'm not shocked by Howard Stern at all, he's just an ass, what really surprises me is Robin Quivers reaction to what he said. She lost a lot of weight recently and I would think that as a woman, she would know better than to bash another woman for being big. Shame on you

LoveBHMS

default title
Eh. He's just clamoring for attention. This is his silly little schtick and the less attention anyone pays to him the better. Boycotts and phone calls and even blog posts are what he's looking for. The whole "shock jock" genre needs to die.

Paquito

don't July to me
Let's face it, since Sidibe is unapologetic about her size and is breaking stereotypes about larger women (especially in Hollywood), Howard Stern won't be the last person to say things like this. But we all have your back, Gabourey!

Shosh

Susannah
is it weird that I would totally get nasty with Howard Stern? I dont know what it is, but something about that man gets me hot.

Um, eww. I guess there really is no accounting for taste.