Quantcast

How's your reading skills?

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

Grandi Floras

Senior BBW

(This is a Cyphering Machine)

You are good when you can read this without difficulty.

This is weird, but interesting!

fi yuo cna raed tihs,
yuo hvae a sgtrane mnid too

Cna yuo raed tihs?
Olny 55 plepoe out of 100 can.

i cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdanieg. The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it dseno't mtaetr in waht oerdr the ltteres in a wrod are, the olny iproamtnt tihng is taht the frsit and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it whotuit a pboerlm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Azanmig huh? yaeh and I awlyas tghuhot slpeling was ipmorantt! if you can raed tihs forwrad it.

HottiMegan

I'm a fat geek!
In Remembrance
That skill come in really handy when i'm reading emails from my in laws :)

Blackjack

Fupa Troopa
I believe you mean, "How are your reading skills".

Grammar rules!

GoddessNoir

Milkmaid
I've been sent this a few times and don't have trouble reading it.

I can also read upside down which still freaks my mom out though I've been able to do it for years.

PamelaLois

ILL-INI

I can also read upside down which still freaks my mom out though I've been able to do it for years.
I can read upside down, too. I read that passage with no difficulty. But I am crazy when it comes to reading. When I was in first grade and they gave me my first reading book, I took it home and read the whole thing in one night. The next day I took it back and asked my teacher if I could have the next one. She couldn't believe that I read the whole thing and quizzed me on the stories. Then she had no idea what to do with me. :doh:

Blackjack

Fupa Troopa
When I was in first grade and they gave me my first reading book, I took it home and read the whole thing in one night. The next day I took it back and asked my teacher if I could have the next one. She couldn't believe that I read the whole thing and quizzed me on the stories. Then she had no idea what to do with me. :doh:
Hell, I did the same thing... end of the first week, I was reading the most advanced stuff that they had, and asking if there was anything higher.

SocialbFly

I am keeping Tina!
i have always been good at reading that, because i am fluent in typo-ese...

BeaBea

Man up or move on!
If people look at the text in the original post too long they sometimes cant read it. The trick (if there is one) is to run your eyes over it quickly as your brain will be able to interpret it for you without you being aware.

Is this the photo of the infamous "ENIGMA" cyphering machine used by the Germans in WWII ?
Hi Tony,
yes, it is an Enigma machine...
Tracey

PamelaLois

ILL-INI
Hell, I did the same thing... end of the first week, I was reading the most advanced stuff that they had, and asking if there was anything higher.

I had to teach my finger to read slow to keep up with the rest of the class while I read ahead. That way, when I was called on to read, I wasn't lost.

tonynyc

Slow Dance Aficionado
Hi Tony,
yes, it is an Enigma machine...
Tracey
Tracey: thanks for the clarification. Cryptology has always had an interesting history - though must of the analysis done today is through high speed computers; but, all makes for good reading :D

BeaBea

Man up or move on!
Tracey: thanks for the clarification. Cryptology has always had an interesting history - though must of the analysis done today is through high speed computers; but, all makes for good reading :D
Tony,
have you read 'Alan Turing - The Enigma' by Andrew Hodges. It's a great read about the development of early computers in the struggle to decrypt the Enigma codes. Turing was a fascinating and complex character...

Tracey xx

TearInYourHand

Mistress Member
Well...uh....it seems like we can all read it. Interestingly, it says that only 55/100 can. I wonder if that's true?

tonynyc

Slow Dance Aficionado
Tony,
have you read 'Alan Turing - The Enigma' by Andrew Hodges. It's a great read about the development of early computers in the struggle to decrypt the Enigma codes. Turing was a fascinating and complex character...

Tracey xx
Hi Tracey:

I've read Rudolf Kippenhahn - "Code Breaking" which goes into the history from ancient times to current. Have you ever read this book? I'll have to check Andrew Hodges book. Does this book mainly cover the period of WWII? or Turing? Turing has certainly had a tragic life.

AnnMarie

✰cuddly and terrifying✰
I don't think the 55/100 is true... it's just supposed to make someone think they're special... lol.

I don't know anyone yet who hasn't been able to read it, and quickly. :) Still fun though!

HottiMegan

I'm a fat geek!
In Remembrance

I can also read upside down. I also can read and write backwards.. In high school i used to write my notes backwards when the class was boring lol (yes i'm a geek)

sweetnnekked

Back From The Dead.
I believe you mean, "How are your reading skills".

Grammar rules!
Funny, I had the same thought. Could we be grammar snobs?

I was able to read the passage quite easily and like someone said before me, I've always been kind of weird!