HSP

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

AuntHen

Chicken Whisperer 🐔
DM Supporter
Anyone else HSP (Highly Sensitive Person)?
I know there is a label for everything these days but it's REAL!!

I am so sensitive to sounds (too loud, too much noise, chaotic noise, etc), smells, animal suffering and other things. It can/has dramatically effect/effected my life.

Last edited:

AmyJo1976

SSBBW & FFA
DM Lifetime Supporting Member
DM Supporter
I think I can relate to some of that, but not all. I am very passionate in my marriage and I am very passionate about animals. I get extremely emotional when someone I love is under any stress, but I don't think that's a condition, other than being human.

littlefairywren

Wren aka ISFJ
DM Supporter
I can honestly say that I would count myself as a HSP, and anyone that gets to know me well would no doubt agree.
Reading through the links you've posted @AuntHen, had me nodding my head to most everything, and also feeling a sense of relief that I'm not a total oddball.

I'm definitely not good with loud or sharp sounds (including anyone's voice raised in anger), certain music causes me serious anxiety and I get startled WAY too easily.

I often feel things to the point of inner pain.

DazzlingAnna

DM Supporter
I also would see me as highly sensitive person. Most of the mentioned points in @AuntHen ' s linked article fit quite well for me, too.

I've read some books about being a highly sensitive person and also about stress resilience. In my opinion both in combination can form a strong personality. Being highly sensitive definitely means having stress from situations other might not even notice.

I consider being HSP as an advantage, a gift in my personal life.

DazzlingAnna

DM Supporter
I mostly read articles and publications in German language.

from the article:

High sensitivity is characterized by special perception. These characteristics are more or less pronounced in highly sensitive people:
-Complex imagination and trains of thought Strong inner awareness
-Detailed perception of the environment
-Difficulty dealing with stress and pressure to perform
-High enthusiasm
-High level of personal responsibility and desire for independence
-Good sensitiveness, great empathy
-Strong sense of justice
-Detailed self-reflection and long emotional aftermath of the experience
-Difficulty with rigid structures
-Perfectionism
-Intensive experience of art and music
-Need for harmony
-Strongly influenced by other people's moods

If I was ask to describe my personality I'd probably produce something similar to this list.

littlefairywren

Wren aka ISFJ
DM Supporter
@littlefairywren @DazzlingAnna
I relate to most of the list also. I also took several tests and scored over 90% (over 20 on other tests, over 14 is considered most likely HSP). K, my family and friends know I get startled so easily as well haha.
I found and took a test this morning out of curiosity, B, and scored 24, so I've no doubt that I "passed." Like you said in your original post, it does, and can have a huge impact on my life, but I'd not want to be any other way. Whomever loves me, just better be prepared for my nature, and have big shoulders.

I'm very much in agreeance with you too, @DazzlingAnna, it's an advantage, and a gift.

Latest posts