• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

Hungry for Change (documentary)

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ThatFatGirl

Why am I still here?
Has anyone seen this 2012 documentary? It's currently streaming on Netflix. It seems like there is a lot of good information here and maybe just a little hype. I know I'll never be able to give up some of my processed foods or deny the urge for fast food when it hits - and I'm okay with that, but this doc really has me thinking about what I eat.

I don't think I realized how many forms (and names) of MSG existed and is likely present far more often than I'm aware of in the processed foods I eat. I also feel like I have to completely commit to giving up my sugar-free sweeteners (Aspartame in particular, diet soda, etc.). I've been trying to reduce my consumption of it for months, but I still use a fair amount of it.

In a perfect world, I'd crave the taste of whole foods rather than Krispy Kreme and cheese fries, but I'm not there. A few months ago I bought a juicer and have gotten into the habit of starting the day off with a juice of cucumber, carrots, celery, spinach or kale, and an apple. I hoped it would be the beginning of eating healthier altogether, but that hasn't happened. I do love the morning juice. It seems to clear my head and wake me up faster than a giant mug of coffee which I still drink about 15 minutes later, and I think my nails are a little healthier than they were (less peeling which was a huge problem before). My juicer had a sticker on it promoting the "Fat, Sick, and Nearly Dead" documentary (also streaming on Netflix). I watched it too recently, but other than the segment in the middle about processed foods, I wasn't moved by the idea of juice fasting (too extreme).

Just wondering what others took away from "Hungry for Change" (or the other film I mentioned) or how you might be approaching eating healthier.

Latest posts

Back