Hygienic products/tools for us larger folks...

Discussion in 'Health Forum' started by da3ley, Jun 26, 2018.

1. Jun 26, 2018 #1

da3ley

da3ley

da3ley

I think that sometimes one of the biggest misconceptions there is around is the misconceptions that extremely larger people are not able to clean themselves properly, or have very bad hygiene issues.

There are gadgets and instruments that are out in the market like pannus/fupa holders, belly lifters, rumps cleaners and wipers, etc.

Has anybody ever used these items to make their lives a little easier, or do you all do just fine without them? I can honestly say that I am constantly using wet wipes, after using the restroom to ensure I am clean, but wondered if some of the items mentioned above are worth the while in making us larger folks lives a little easier?

Do any of you notice one things works better than the other? I am asking because i would like to get some advice to see if some of these items can and do make life a little easier for us larger, beautiful folks! ;) I would also love to hear ideas on what type of products you all use to make you feel refreshed, or more cleaner etc?

Just getting some ideas as the ones I have now are fine, but I would love to hear some more! TYSM

2. Jun 26, 2018 #2

LifelongFA

LifelongFA

LifelongFA

Where does one find these items?

3. Jun 26, 2018 #3

da3ley

da3ley

da3ley

yes, i know. That is what I was wondering until i looked on Amazon and found some belly lifters. There are other places as well that have "reachers" to wipe the back side. I would have to be searched for at bariatric equipment stores.

LifelongFA likes this.
  4. Jun 26, 2018 #4

LifelongFA

LifelongFA

LifelongFA

I have been accused of being a "pot lifter" in the kitchen, but a belly lifter sounds like a lot more fun!

5. Jun 26, 2018 #5

DragonFly

DragonFly

DragonFly

Ahem Prema Global Moderator

http://www.amplestuff.com/
    Is a go to for many of the large ladies. Their sponges with long handles are perfect for whenever extra reach is needed. They are durable and simply made so that there are very few ways they can break and become more hinderence than help

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/ya/ref...reorder_params=B010RAH0WS,110-2870313-7280209

This was another suggestion from a fellow large lady, it is an extension handle for a razor handle. It is strong and doesn’t bend. I’ve had one for a couple years and works great!

ChattyBecca, AmyJo1976 and LifelongFA like this.
  6. Jun 26, 2018 #6

Maize

Maize

Maize

I've used one of those wands that you can wrap a wet wipe around for a little while for cleaning when I'd hurt my back and couldn't bend much. I don't use it day to day, though. I never found that it worked that well, actually, and mostly if I have trouble it's about the amount of space available. In one of our bathrooms, the area is very tight, but if I just get up and move over to where I can put a foot up on the tub surround, everything's perfectly accessible.

The only cleaning product I use regularly is a long brush that I use for scrubbing back and butt thoroughly with gel soap on it in the shower.

ChattyBecca likes this.
  7. Nov 8, 2018 #7

Orchid

Orchid

Orchid

Cut an older towel into strips and you have a backstrap that you can hold with both hands and use in shower.

8. Nov 8, 2018 #8

squeezablysoft

squeezablysoft

squeezablysoft

I use one of these wiper stick things not really because of my size (though I'm sure my ample "cheeks" don't exactly help the situation) so much as because of my CP, limited arm reach+short arms+weird pelvic angle courtesy of spinal misalignment=a tough time reaching The Area. I'm on the lookout for a longer one, I really do have pathetic little T Rex arms and yeah, I guess if I think about it I have to admit the thicness of my natural seat cushions does tend to somewhat impede The Process. 5118kBQytWL._SY355_.jpg