Quantcast

I am going on a trip and taking ___ with me...

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

Shotha

DM Supporter
I'm not joking. I take cold stuffed potatoes with the skins on with me everywhere. You can put just about any savoury filling in them. Meat, cheese, butter, veges, marmite, fish, egg. When asked what they're for, don't say , "Eating" or you'll be searched and interrogated. A much safer answer is, "It's a long trip. So I've brought something to eat."

Last edited:

Joker

I'm not joking. I take cold stuffed potatoes with the skins on with me everywhere. You can put just about any savoury filling in them. Meat, cheese, butter, veges, marmite, fish, egg. When asked what they're for, don't say , "Eating" or you'll be searched and interrogated. A much safer answer is, "It's a long trip. So I've brought something to eat."
Anna it seems our mystery is solved. :)

DazzlingAnna

DM Supporter
As someone recently recommended to take a zip lock bag with me I will do this from now on.
Originally a bag to put in and reseal a used face mask it turned out that it is very - very - useful when traveling and someone next to you is getting sick. You can reseal the bag...!

Next time I just need to adjust the size of the bag carrying with me. ;)

Shotha

DM Supporter
I'll have to do that. It sounds so hygienic

When I do on a trip I always take some old plastic shopping bags. They have two uses. I put used clothes in them, so that they don't get jumbled up with clean clothes and make them dirty or smelly. They are very good to have if you go beach-combing. You can put all of your finds in them.

I also take empty plastic containers with me - margarine containers, yogurt tubs, ice cream tubs. If you find something delicate such as spiny seashell, a delicate cone or fossil, you have something to put it in to keep it safe till you get home.

op user

Alternatively for small paper bags either use the sanitary towel bag found in some hotels or drop to any snack store and ask for an empty paper bag.

Or when at an airport ask for the plastic "evident" bag (preferably a couple) just before security