I Am Struggling With Depression

Discussion in 'Health Forum' started by Scorsese86, Jul 10, 2008.

1. Dec 1, 2017 #1301

Jack Secret

Jack Secret

Jack Secret

tickle my amygdala

http://www.facebook.com/kenneth.c.phillips,
    Care to share what kind of treatments helped you? I'm one of those people that are looking for help and tried everything from counseling to medication… For decades. Never really found anything that helped.

2. Dec 1, 2017 #1302

ScreamingChicken

ScreamingChicken

ScreamingChicken

One of 50,298

Speaking to a therapist along with medication and severing some toxic people (parents. my soon to be ex wife and an ex GF) out of my life altogether.

3. Dec 13, 2017 #1303

ODFFA

ODFFA

ODFFA

I couldn't rep you, so I'll just say here... a ridiculously belated thank you for this <3 I don't want it to feel like I'm taking advantage, so I'll message you sometime soon when I'm in a better place than I'm in right this moment. You're lovely and I miss our conversations. I don't want that to be lost in my venting :)

4. Dec 31, 2017 #1304

lille

lille

lille

I don't k ow why but I completely crashed today. I feel like shit. My fiancé is sick and in bed so I can't trine to him and I can't reach out to my therapist because I just found out through Facebook through mutual friends that someone she knows through burlesque (who may have been a friend) just died this morning.

5. Jan 1, 2018 #1305

ODFFA

ODFFA

ODFFA

Thinking of you. Hope things are looking up, or that they will soon. Even after a period of doing really well, crashes happen. If you could control them, they never would, so just remember to be kind to yourself. You can always PM me too, if you need to get something off your chest :)

6. Jan 1, 2018 #1306

lille

lille

lille

Thanks. I'm feeling significantly better this morning.

7. Jan 4, 2018 #1307

Ohio Lady

Ohio Lady

Ohio Lady

Depression of all kinds suck whether it be seasonal or any other kind. Since my dad passed in 1986 depression is bad around July 4th (the last time I seen him alive), November which is his birthday and the main holidays like Thanksgiving and Christmas. Father's Day is another hard one where he is concerned. Lately there has been so much death of loved ones and awesome friends that it doesn't help the depression either.

8. Jan 26, 2018 #1308

Rahul123

Rahul123

Rahul123

Find the small reasons and things to make your day happy. your life is automatically happy. it seems now you re better, well-done dude.

9. Mar 15, 2018 #1309

lille

lille

lille

It's more my anxiety than my depression but I'm not doing well. My therapist had me consider seeing if I can drop down to four days a week at work or change my schedule because I am not functioning well. The past few weeks I've had intrusive thoughts pretty much daily. I'm exhausted.

10. May 7, 2018 #1310

ODFFA

ODFFA

ODFFA

I've had such a good few days. It's amazing how that can get overturned in an instant by certain alcoholic pieces of shit. If I could go no-contact, I would in a heartbeat. I just feel so utterly worthless.

11. May 8, 2018 #1311

lille

lille

lille

I'm sorry you're feeling that way. Hopefully you have more of those good days again soon.

12. Jun 1, 2018 #1312

Rahul123

Rahul123

Rahul123

Do yoga and excercise daily for 45 minutes and consult a professional doctor. Yoga helps you to get rid of this issue.

13. Jun 9, 2018 #1313

lille

lille

lille

It's been a rough week. I'm not in that super dark place but I'm having to fight harder to stay out of it.

DragonFly likes this.
  14. Jun 10, 2018 #1314

ODFFA

ODFFA

ODFFA

I hope things improve for you over the weekend and the coming week. I've seen you show a lot of strength in the time you've been on Dims and I admire that. Hang in there <3

DragonFly likes this.
  15. Jun 10, 2018 #1315

lille

lille

lille

Thanks. I'm trying. Broke down and spent the money on a weighted blanket so hopefully that'll help with my anxiety. I'm trying to be more open about my intrusive thoughts with my husband but it's hard because his ex used to self harm and would basically rub his face in it, like they had an argument before going to a concert with friends and while he and fiends danced she hit herself in the legs so when they got home and she took her clothes off she was covered in bruises. And I never ever want to make him feel the way she did or be anything like her.

16. Jun 10, 2018 #1316

ODFFA

ODFFA

ODFFA

Man, I soooo understand the tightrope of wanting to be open & vulnerable, while avoiding the pitfalls of exhausting / repelling / retraumatising others. Especially someone you love. Doesn't exactly sound like an anxiety-reducing exercise in itself either. But of course, I know it's a vital thing to be mindful of. I'm glad you invested in that blanket. I really do hope the coming week will be easier on you and that you'll have the support you deserve.

17. Jun 14, 2018 #1317

squeezablysoft

squeezablysoft

squeezablysoft

Has anyone here had any experience with 7cups online counseling? I started with them yesterday, I went for the option of paying to work with an actual licensed counselor instead of working with a volunteer for free. I figure since getting out and about is such a challenge for me this would be a good way to get help without dealing with transportation issues.