I Am Struggling With Depression

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

waldo

Well, my silly motivation is aiming to have a big LPS collection. Maybe that will keep me afloat.
As a biochemist, when I saw "LPS" I thought Lipopolysaccharide. Of course I assume you are referring to littlest pet shop? Do you have an actual pet? If not, I strongly recommend considering it. The unconditional love of a dog (cats can be a little less lovable) is very soul-soothing. Of course dogs require tons more work to take care of, so consider that. Just a thought....

ETA: any small 'motivations' are really beneficial for those of us who struggle to find a reason to carry on in this life. For example, just striving to get to a certain level on a video game has been a thing that I have had to try to look forward to. When it doesn't actually happen, then that can be an issue (aka bummer). But the effort is never wasted.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tad

Angelette

Chris Farley's fiancee.
As a biochemist, when I saw "LPS" I thought Lipopolysaccharide. Of course I assume you are referring to littlest pet shop? Do you have an actual pet? If not, I strongly recommend considering it. The unconditional love of a dog (cats can be a little less lovable) is very soul-soothing. Of course dogs require tons more work to take care of, so consider that. Just a thought....
Haha I thought someone would think I was referring to vinyl records! Si the toy line.

I do own 3 dogs. All of them are mixed breeds. Two chihuahua/dacshund breeds and one black poodle.

waldo

Haha I thought someone would think I was referring to vinyl records! Si the toy line.

I do own 3 dogs. All of them are mixed breeds. Two chihuahua/dacshund breeds and one black poodle.
We had a puggle (Pug + beagle cross-breed). He was a holy terror! But I grew to love the little guy and when he suddenly got ill (I think from a shard of a steak bone we let him chew on that perforated his intestines) and died while laying down next to me, it was pretty upsetting. Then we adpoted a rat terrier who was about 2 years old. About 4 years later he came down with kidney failure and we had to put him down. Now we have 4 (yes 4) cats. The most recent 2 were found in my wife's co-worker's vehicle under the engine compartment in the heat of early August. The little buggers were about ready to keel over of heat exhaustion/dehydration, but are thriving now.

Angelette

Chris Farley's fiancee.
We had a puggle (Pug + beagle cross-breed). He was a holy terror! But I grew to love the little guy and when he suddenly got ill (I think from a shard of a steak bone we let him chew on that perforated his intestines) and died while laying down next to me, it was pretty upsetting. Then we adpoted a rat terrier who was about 2 years old. About 4 years later he came down with kidney failure and we had to put him down. Now we have 4 (yes 4) cats. The most recent 2 were found in my wife's co-worker's vehicle under the engine compartment in the heat of early August. The little buggers were about ready to keel over of heat exhaustion/dehydration, but are thriving now.
Oh no I'm sorry to hear that. I used to own some sort of Pomeranian mix since 6 years ago. Sadly we only had her for a year. My parents were very busy with yard work and she went out the gate and got hit. It hurts seeing her in bad condition while panting. This was a day after my sister's birthday which didn't help.
Edit: I forgot to mention my poodle had a brother. He was very heavy haha. My mom didn't want many dogs and gave the second poodle to her co-worker friend. Sadly we discovered the sad news he got shot by a crazy neighbor. This world is cruel.

waldo

Oh no I'm sorry to hear that. I used to own some sort of Pomeranian mix since 6 years ago. Sadly we only had her for a year. My parents were very busy with yard work and she went out the gate and got hit. It hurts seeing her in bad condition while panting. This was a day after my sister's birthday which didn't help.
Edit: I forgot to mention my poodle had a brother. He was very heavy haha. My mom didn't want many dogs and gave the second poodle to her co-worker friend. Sadly we discovered the sad news he got shot by a crazy neighbor. This world is cruel.
Yes the world is cruel in so many ways. I think in our modern society we try to shield ourselves too much from the 'down and dirty' of all the things life entails. Maybe one advantage that those of us who are chronically depressed possess, is that nothing that happens can really get us down, since we are already down. Maybe we could therefore be the best able to deal with severe hardship-related issues when the chips are down? I know crazy, but..................

ETA: Abe Lincoln, considered by many to be the best US President, who led the country through the aborted breakup of the 1860s, apparently suffered from persistent melancholy (aka chronic depression). So maybe at least one example of how depressed people can be so effective in difficult times.

Last edited:

Donna

🎶 Melophile & Bibliophile 📚
I am feeling suicidal and to be honest I don't think I belong here anymore. I am sorry everyone for causing troubles.
Please, please, please talk to a professional mental health therapist or counselor about your suicidal thoughts, even if you start to feel better. I am available to chat-my DMs are open, but I have a feeling you aren’t interested in chatting with an older person.

The Suicide Prevention Hotline is available 24 hrs/day, everyday. You don’t have to call on the phone, you can send an SMS message to 988, or text: Lifeline Chat and Text

They have trained counselors, people your age who will assist you with resources that are geared toward your age group and background. There’s no judgment and it’s funded by donations and volunteers. This isn’t the first time you’ve posted that you’re suicidal and I’ve noticed when offered advice or support, you often respond later along these lines: “I’m fine now, nothing to worry about.” If you keep asking for help, but reject it when it’s offered, eventually folks will stop offering.
E2F5F64E-2E55-40FF-BDF2-1594A5C501DD.jpeg

Last edited:
I’ve called the suicide hotline before. A couple of times, for myself and because I needed advice for how to talk to people in my life. It’s an amazing service. The people who answer the phones have a calling. It’s only scary until you get that other person on the line, then things start to chill. Thank you, Donna, that’s a really perfect piece of advice.

Latest posts