I can only tolerate but so much.

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

bigrich711

Too rare to die
I went to my mother's house today to visit with her. I asked her to drive me down to the store so we could talk in private. Well, there was one other car in the parking lot of the convenient store, and there were two younger guys (18-20) sitting in the back seat. I go inside to get a Mt. Dew and a pack of cigarettes. There is one other patron inside the store with me, and he's some skinny guy who fit the Californian surfer profile. I'm walking out to the my mom's truck as the punk is walking back to his car. He pulls right up beside the truck and starts speaking (inaudible from where I'm positioned) and giving me dirty looks, so I step towards the tailgate and say "What?" Well, he's driving away and yells out "Why don't you get some slim fast, fat ass!?" I start seeing red... especially after my mother, who just beat breast cancer, tells me that his two buddies were flashing the lights at her and flipping her off. I found myself walking towards his car, yelling for him to stop (which he slows down), and all while simultaneously pulling out the 9mm I had concealed under my shirt. He starts to pull off, but he stops and puts his car into reverse--I'm ready to fight them all...individually, of course. He stops in the middle of the road and puts his car in park, sitting there waiting for me to come to him; I did not approach him because although I was armed, I was outnumbered. He sat there for 15 seconds before pulling off. But why did he pull off? Well, there was a cop crossing the intersection...I am waving a gun at their car. I put my gun back in its holster before the cop saw me--thankfully! Anyways, I know I'm a big man, and obesity is nothing new in our day and age. Long gone are the days where big men were revered, feared, sought after and chosen first by all women, and treated like gods. I know what I'm worth, and I'll be goddamned if I let some insignificant punk try to make me feel less than what I am--a king! I am an honest man; a loyal man; a compassionate man; a passionate man. I typically command respect; however, in regards to punks like that guy, I demand respect with an iron fist and unmericful heart. I may be a teddy bear, but don't let it slip your mind that I'm still a bear!

bigrich711

Too rare to die
My first post is so negative and hateful, or so it seems. I'm not a hateful person...I promise =D

fritzi

Some asshole insults you verbally and you come at them with a GUN?

What the fuck is wrong with you?!
Ummm ... the US simply has a very different approach to guns and gun laws than all other Western democracies .... and in consequence a fire-arm related homicide rate which is 3 (UK) to 12 (Ireland) times as high .... that's what's wrong!

bigrich711

Too rare to die
1) They were fucking with my sickly mother.
2) I was outnumbered.
3) We don't take bullshit in America, especially here in the South. Our cops carry guns, and our citizens carry guns. We don't carry whistles and two-way radios as weapons. Probably why America is the most bad-ass country ever. Just sayin'.
4) I didn't provoke them in any way shape or form, but they felt it was necessary to attack me? Refer to #3.

CastingPearls

Go Big Or Go Home
In Remembrance
Ummm ... the US simply has a very different approach to guns and gun laws than all other Western democracies .... and in consequence a fire-arm related homicide rate which is 3 (UK) to 12 (Ireland) times as high .... that's what's wrong!
Ummmmmm there are millions of Americans who would have been horrified by the behavior depicted in the OP. There are millions of Americans period. We have very diversified beliefs, laws, and customs and interpretations of them. I would appreciate your not making sweeping statements ('and in consequence'? very simplified isn't that?) about 'The US' based on insane posts and even sensationalist news reports, as opposed to opinions and stats specific to gun-ownership and ESPECIALLY irresponsible and criminal gun ownership.

bigrich711

Too rare to die
Ummmmmm there are millions of Americans who would have been horrified by the behavior depicted in the OP. There are millions of Americans period. We have very diversified beliefs, laws, and customs and interpretations of them. I would appreciate your not making sweeping statements (and in consequence? very simplified isn't that?) about 'The US' based on insane posts and even sensationalist news reports, as opposed to opinions and stats specific to gun-ownership and ESPECIALLY irresponsible and criminal gun ownership.
Criminal gun ownership? Who exactly are you referring to as a criminal gun owner? My guns are legal, and I am without a criminal record. Maybe someone who sees the world as being full of unicorns and rainbows would have been frightened. Or a victim. "It'll never happen to me." Yeah, okay. Whatever helps you sleep at night. A locked and loaded 40 caliber helps me sleep. See, I refuse to be a victim, and I also know that people will slice your throat for a necklace. I will admit that it was irresponsible for me to pull my gun out like I did, but when you fuck with my momma, consider yourself lucky if you're alive after the altercation.

fritzi

Ummmmmm there are millions of Americans who would have been horrified by the behavior depicted in the OP. There are millions of Americans period. We have very diversified beliefs, laws, and customs and interpretations of them. I would appreciate your not making sweeping statements ('and in consequence'? very simplified isn't that?) about 'The US' based on insane posts and even sensationalist news reports, as opposed to opinions and stats specific to gun-ownership and ESPECIALLY irresponsible and criminal gun ownership.
I'm pretty sure we both belong to the millions of Americans horrified by the OP scenario.

Facts - not opinions or media sensationalism - with statistics from all sources are: guns laws in the US are considerably more liberal than in all other OECD countries (there are historic reasons for this), there is a much higher rate of private gun ownership. The fire arm homicide rate is up to factor 15 times higher for the US than all other OECD countries with the exception of Mexico.

Of course, the NRA and like-minded organisations deny that there might be a correlation between these factors.

CastingPearls

Go Big Or Go Home
In Remembrance
Criminal gun ownership? Who exactly are you referring to as a criminal gun owner? My guns are legal, and I am without a criminal record. Maybe someone who sees the world as being full of unicorns and rainbows would have been frightened. Or a victim. "It'll never happen to me." Yeah, okay. Whatever helps you sleep at night. A locked and loaded 40 caliber helps me sleep. See, I refuse to be a victim, and I also know that people will slice your throat for a necklace. I will admit that it was irresponsible for me to pull my gun out like I did, but when you fuck with my momma, consider yourself lucky if you're alive after the altercation.
You bragged that you were waving around a gun. Is that lawful?

If that cop saw you doing that, do you think he would have let you off with a little talk about what a golden bear and fine upstanding citizen you are righting the wrongs of the world? Who's living in a fantasy world now? If you were in jail waiting for your mom to bail you out, I'm sure your cellmates would be enthralled with your philosophy about your being king and revered and feared and oh yeah, feared too. That was so nice you had to say it twice.

You talk about your sickly mom. My mom passed from cancer, herself, so I know a little something about that. I knew not to provoke a stressful situation into a possible crime scene (your defense about being outnumbered was null once you pulled out the gun) because maybe because I'm a voluptuous woman, all men should fall down at my feet and worship me and since I'm not getting the reverence due me, I can pop a cap in their ass but it could potentially make my mom sick.You used your mom as an excuse to behave like an animal rather than a gentleman and ignore them since they weren't physically harming her. Your attention should have been on making sure she was okay and not on your own out-of-control (waving a gun around) ego.

By the way, did you smoke those cigarettes around your mom who's battling cancer?

Hozay J Garseeya

Rooder. Crooder. Neuter.
2) I was outnumbered.
3) We don't take bullshit in America, especially here in the South. Our cops carry guns, and our citizens carry guns. We don't carry whistles and two-way radios as weapons. Probably why America is the most bad-ass country ever. Just sayin'.
4) I didn't provoke them in any way shape or form, but they felt it was necessary to attack me? Refer to #3.
best line EVER!!!

Just curious, I'm not attacking anyone BigRich, I'm seriously just curious; I am also Amurrican! America! FUCK YEAH!!

I am curious though, what other countries have you travelled to?

Hozay J Garseeya

Rooder. Crooder. Neuter.
2) I was outnumbered.
still the best line ever.

also, this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i7mUaKUp8Ho

freakyfred

\_(O_o)_/
Sticks and stones man. Insults suck and the people who fling them like that are jackasses. But do they deserve to die for that? Are you willing to take someone's life because they said mean things? In your own words, you have a short temper and a big ego. That's a baaad combination. You're not responsible enough to own a gun.

bigrich711

Too rare to die
Statistics don't show the whole story. They account for ALL homicides. gang-related shootouts, robberies or attempted robberies, even accidental shootings. Guns don't kill people...people kill people. I like the fact that I'm legally able to match TRUE criminals by owning a gun. If law-abiding citizens weren't able to own firearms, there would be total chaos, because criminals would still be able to get them illegally. It's a balance that should NOT be interrupted. Like I said, I was VERY irresponsible by pulling out my pistol (partly because I'm pretty sure I could have kicked their asses), but I didn't kill them. So, what exactly is the big deal? In fact, I put my pistol away and still yelled for them to come back. Did I mention that all three of them were drunk? And did I mention that they were purchasing 6 more 40 oz. beers? I'm not going to let three drunk people jump me...

CastingPearls

Go Big Or Go Home
In Remembrance
Statistics don't show the whole story. They account for ALL homicides. gang-related shootouts, robberies or attempted robberies, even accidental shootings. Guns don't kill people...people kill people. I like the fact that I'm legally able to match TRUE criminals by owning a gun. If law-abiding citizens weren't able to own firearms, there would be total chaos, because criminals would still be able to get them illegally. It's a balance that should NOT be interrupted. Like I said, I was VERY irresponsible by pulling out my pistol (partly because I'm pretty sure I could have kicked their asses), but I didn't kill them. So, what exactly is the big deal? In fact, I put my pistol away and still yelled for them to come back. Did I mention that all three of them were drunk? And did I mention that they were purchasing 6 more 40 oz. beers? I'm not going to let three drunk people jump me...
The big deal is this: Just as you 'could have' kicked their asses, they 'could have' also pulled out guns and killed you and your mother. It was TALK until you started BEHAVING like an animal. What they did wasn't unlawful. What YOU did was. Your pride and anger are not the law, thank God.

Goreki

Fairy tales and Woe
So they were drunk? And being teenagers? Fuck man, you should have shot all three of them, and then ripped apart their corpses with your teeth, smeared the blood all over their car and roared like the fearful bear animal thingy whatever that you are!

Violence is the response of the weak and miserable. Good job buddy!

bigrich711

Too rare to die
You're not responsible enough to own a gun.
Well, that's not what the Sheriff of my county said. I had a VERY muscular, drunk, pissed off guy get up in my face at that same store, but I didn't pull out my gun then. Why? Because my mother wasn't involved in the situation. That's what drove me to pull my gun this time. I've owned pistols for almost 3 years, and I've NEVER pulled a handgun out on anyone before this. Nobody messes with my family and gets away with it.

Oh, and there were two tiny women in the parking lot when this happened...they weren't frightened. In fact, one of them came up and said "Well done. They were assholes." I had no intention of firing my pistol; It served the purpose I wanted it to...scare off the punks who have nothing better to do than go around messing with women and verbally assaulting law-abiding citizens. It may have been unorthodox, but it was effective.

bigrich711

Too rare to die
Sticks and stones man. Insults suck and the people who fling them like that are jackasses. But do they deserve to die for that? Are you willing to take someone's life because they said mean things? In your own words, you have a short temper and a big ego. That's a baaad combination. You're not responsible enough to own a gun.
You bragged that you were waving around a gun. Is that lawful?

If that cop saw you doing that, do you think he would have let you off with a little talk about what a golden bear and fine upstanding citizen you are righting the wrongs of the world? Who's living in a fantasy world now? If you were in jail waiting for your mom to bail you out, I'm sure your cellmates would be enthralled with your philosophy about your being king and revered and feared and oh yeah, feared too. That was so nice you had to say it twice.

You talk about your sickly mom. My mom passed from cancer, herself, so I know a little something about that. I knew not to provoke a stressful situation into a possible crime scene (your defense about being outnumbered was null once you pulled out the gun) because maybe because I'm a voluptuous woman, all men should fall down at my feet and worship me and since I'm not getting the reverence due me, I can pop a cap in their ass but it could potentially make my mom sick.You used your mom as an excuse to behave like an animal rather than a gentleman and ignore them since they weren't physically harming her. Your attention should have been on making sure she was okay and not on your own out-of-control (waving a gun around) ego.

By the way, did you smoke those cigarettes around your mom who's battling cancer?
As you read, there was a cop at the intersection, and I don't know if he saw me or not, but he sure didn't stop...he followed the other car. Why? It was in the paper today actually...he was supplying beer for minors and driving intoxicated. Oh, I did make sure my mom was okay. How do you think I found out they were messing with her? ...Yeah. No, I don't live with my mother; I was visiting her.

tinkerbell

Well, that's not what the Sheriff of my county said. I had a VERY muscular, drunk, pissed off guy get up in my face at that same store, but I didn't pull out my gun then. Why? Because my mother wasn't involved in the situation. That's what drove me to pull my gun this time. I've owned pistols for almost 3 years, and I've NEVER pulled a handgun out on anyone before this. Nobody messes with my family and gets away with it.

Oh, and there were two tiny women in the parking lot when this happened...they weren't frightened. In fact, one of them came up and said "Well done. They were assholes." I had no intention of firing my pistol; It served the purpose I wanted it to...scare off the punks who have nothing better to do than go around messing with women and verbally assaulting law-abiding citizens. It may have been unorthodox, but it was effective.
But they didn't DO anything. The only time pulling a gun is acceptable is if your LIFE is in danger. They said a few shitty things. Deal with it and get over it. Don't pull a fucking gun on them. I know several people with ccws and NONE of them would ever pull this shit. Why? Because they are responsible gun owners. You are not. Seriously?!? You think this is acceptable behavior?