I have learned my lesson.

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

Donna

Lips & hips & ass & sass
I have a few, learned the painful way. They seem depressing, but they’re not:

1. Pretending you’re okay is preferable to trying to explain to everyone why you’re not.

2. In the end, there’s no amount of love and support that will make them love you and/or stay. Everyone leaves.

3. And I borrowed this one from the musical, ‘Wicked’; “Wishing only wounds the heart.”

agouderia

Library Girl
Staff member
Library Mod
Which lessons have you learned in life?

It doesn't matter how much support you have - in the end you always fight on your own alone.

This and

I have a few, learned the painful way. They seem depressing, but they’re not:

1. Pretending you’re okay is preferable to trying to explain to everyone why you’re not.

this.

And of course Lenin was right:

"Trust is good but control is better".

Also, it can be quite helpful and liberating to let yourself by inspired by Zorbas' outlook on life:
Give your inner anarchist a fair chance to find your own way - before you waste a lot of time, energy, money and faith on trying to conform to absurd rules, laws and standards.

Green Eyed Fairy

Veteran of a 1000 Psychic Wars
Some people are delusional...because that is convenient for them.

Never trust an insurance company.

People who start off not treating you properly will not improve but will only get worse.

All of the good ones are taken.

Always trust your first impression.

Donna

Lips & hips & ass & sass
Oh, that is right. I completely agree.
The point here is: if you don't live in a safe space (mentally) and you're always in fear you tend to make safe choices. At least I did, or still do.
Don’t always make the safe choice.

My insomnia brain didn’t complete this thought. It should read,
If you allow fear and anxiety to control your actions, and always make the safe choices, you will one day live with regret.

Dromond

Pleasantly abstruse.
People are neither inherently good nor evil. People are inherently obtuse. Good is when a person attempts to rise above their limitations. Evil is when a person attempts to exploit the limitations of others. The majority of people are happy living inside their ignorance bubble.

Donna

Lips & hips & ass & sass
If we understand how frequently people use projection as a coping mechanism, we should learn to take nothing personally. I've known this for many years, I just find myself incapable of not taking things personally.