Quantcast

I just Quit drinking

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

jcas50

Liberal Scum
I've tried many times to go alcohol free for a month or two but usually something happens that cancels the plan. i'm trying again.

Pattie Vincent

You must be proud of yourself, man. Self-healing is never easy but you are doing it right. Keep it up!

CurvyEm2

I'm sober too. I've been an alcoholic since I was about 15. Everyone else knew long before me. One of the great things about sobriety is that it has so many positives. If you drank like I did for so long you'll see that every one of them is a blessing.

petersmyth79

I'm sober too. I've been an alcoholic since I was about 15. Everyone else knew long before me. One of the great things about sobriety is that it has so many positives. If you drank like I did for so long you'll see that every one of them is a blessing.
I have been drinking again because I have chronic severe pain, I would love to know what you guys and gals do to cope with chronic severe pain

loopytheone

Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
Hopefully your surgery is able to fix your pain as soon and well as possible.

I guess you've probably heard all the usual tips for dealing with pain, like distraction, exercise etc. I wish there was some magic advice I could give you to help. I have a friend that swears by acupuncture but that's not exactly something you can do to yourself.

Shotha

DM Supporter
I have been drinking again because I have chronic severe pain, I would love to know what you guys and gals do to cope with chronic severe pain
I find that meditation helps with chronic severe pain. It helps me to accept that I have a choice. I can either be in pain or be in pain and miserable about it. (I know that this probably doesn't sound helpful.) The attitudinal adjustment helps to distract you from the pain. If you can stop the pain from affecting your emotions, then you don't notice the pain so much. And if you don't notice the pain so much, then it doesn't hurt so much.

AmyJo1976

DM Supporter
It sounds like you are taking care of the issue with your doctors. That's the best thing to do. Take care Peter and God bless! :)

jcas50

Liberal Scum
I would like to report that I am six months sober. I had negative medical tests and they discovered I have a fatty liver. Not good. The pandemic was difficult for an alcoholic. Liquor stores were open when nothing else was. Staying home meant it was easy to sit at my computer with a 1.75 liter bottle of whiskey and slug away until the bottle was empty. Not drinking has a lot of benefits, plus it saves money. We have not eaten in a restaurant for six months, but if we did, it would be cheaper not paying for wine or drinks. Sleeping is much better without the drinks. And no hangovers!

extra_m13

kudos to you, personally i get along fine with my beer but i have to admit that home office and covid and stress sometimes can get you in a drinking binge and sometimes it doesnt get the best personality trait out of you and you can hurt people even if you are not saying lies, just ugly truths

petersmyth79

G'day all, I have gotten help for my TMJ dysfunction from the Royal Dental Hospital Victoria, I have been fitted with a "splint" that is supposed to help my jaw joint disk work correctly. If this doesn't help then there is always surgery as the last resort and the fact that there is definitely help gives me hope and hope does help with my drinking. You all are the best, this beautiful and amazing community has always been there for me and many others; I want each and every one of you to give yourself a pat on the back especially tad as he's number one with awesome advice

Latest posts