I Love Glee!!!

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

WVMountainrear

Poster formerly known as lovelylady78
Has anyone else noticed they keep covering up Lauren Zizes' shoulders in the costumed performances? Everyone else has bare shoulders, but not Lauren. Irks me.
I did notice.

I'd also like to talk about Mercedes...I guess since Lauren is bigger than she is, she no longer has to be the fat girl or something? They had started a story line about Mercedes dieting and things, but now it's like she doesn't have a story line at all.

I really don't know where I'm going with that, but it was just another observation. I really like Mercedes' character, and I'm sad she's been a non-factor in the show as of late.

mszwebs

For The WIN.
Has anyone else noticed they keep covering up Lauren Zizes' shoulders in the costumed performances? Everyone else has bare shoulders, but not Lauren. Irks me.
I've tweeted about this issue for the last few weeks. Before Lauren, they did similar things to Mercedes, though at competition time, she wore the same thing as everyone else.

Personally, I think that if Lauren was as confident as she says she is (or as the writers are attempting to make her out to be) 2 scraps of material covering her shoulders wouldn't stand in her way.

Also, about Mercedes not having a major storyline...I agree, however, there are like 12 "regulars" on the show. Someone's storyline has to suffer.

I feel worse for Tina. She really gets the shit end of the stick.

And how does Kurt get bullied, but Lauren and Puck exist in a vacuum of non-commentary? (unless someone said something tonight - I am watching it in a half hour when it hits hulu.) But, really. Its HIGH SCHOOL. You're telling me that no one is giving Puck shit about Lauren?

Cool...but unbelievable.

HayleeRose

I LOVE the storyline of puck and lauren. Even the song, because it didnt come from like a hateful place, it was cute. It does bug me that they cover her arms up, but I wonder if that is the actress's preference, or if they make her.

WVMountainrear

Poster formerly known as lovelylady78
I've tweeted about this issue for the last few weeks. Before Lauren, they did similar things to Mercedes, though at competition time, she wore the same thing as everyone else.

Personally, I think that if Lauren was as confident as she says she is (or as the writers are attempting to make her out to be) 2 scraps of material covering her shoulders wouldn't stand in her way.

Also, about Mercedes not having a major storyline...I agree, however, there are like 12 "regulars" on the show. Someone's storyline has to suffer.

And how does Kurt get bullied, but Lauren and Puck exist in a vacuum of non-commentary? (unless someone said something tonight - I am watching it in a half hour when it hits hulu.) But, really. Its HIGH SCHOOL. You're telling me that no one is giving Puck shit about Lauren?

Cool...but unbelievable.

All great points.

MisticalMisty

I know right?! I was like "AWWWW" and my boyfriend looked at me like I was a mad woman lol.
My husband gives me the same look. I watch Glee online the next day to avoid commercials and he'll look over and I have my headphones on and tears on my face. lol

That was such a romantic moment. Made my heart melt!

Bigtigmom

100% REAL, give it a try!

Cool...but unbelievable.
I totally agree with what you think. You can't pick and chose when you want Lauren to be fat and proud and then turn around and try your best to camouflage her into the background. She is just like the rest of us chunky girls, we can't just suck it in at will, it's there all the time. So here's another thought; they can show a naked ass on tv nowadays so why not fat arms? While I love the idea of the storyline I'm starting to feel some kinda way about the way they portray Lauren at times. Anyone else agree or disagree?
Besides that I really loved both of the original songs they did for regionals.

Donna

wait...what?
What'd you guys think of the lyrics to "Big Ass Heart" tonight? I didn't like the start of the song (pushing up carnations, etc) but her heart being so big it needed two plane tickets to fly kind of made me giggle. I didn't quite get ALL of the lyrics, tho - hopefully someone will post them somewhere on the web soon.
I'm sure you have found them by now, but for those that have not looked the lyrics up yet...I found them tonight when I did a quick search:
My girl went to the doctor cause her heart had palpitations
He said cut the carbs, or else she'd end up pushing up carnations
She stepped up on the scale and the doctor said, "Oh Lordy"
If you don't drop a few, girl, you won't make it past age forty

My girl said, "Hey lookie, on my fancy x-ray chart"
Said the doctor, "Holy hell that's one G.D. big ass heart"

I'm telling you my friend, my girl's got a big ass heart
When she shops for groceries that heart gets its own damn cart
That big ass heart can pump two tons of love through her chest
And then sit down and win a lovin' pie-eating contest

I love that big ass heart so much I think it isn't fair
Like how your heart won't pay me back for breaking all my chairs
So sick with love I think I'm coming down with rickets
When that big ass heart flies coach it has to pay for two plane tickets

Oh, that big ass heart
Oh, that big ass heart
I've been trying not to over-analyze the Lauren/Puck thing and just enjoy it. But these lyrics really aren't making it easy. Lauren got upset over "Fat Bottomed Girls," but these lyrics made her happy? Grrr.

I think the reason Kurt was bullied, but Puck and Lauren are left alone is because of their reputations...both Lauren and Puck are supposed to be such badasses, you know? I mean, Puck said he was attracted to her because she's a bigger bad ass than he is.

Kurt and Blaine had me reaching for tissues. Chuck happened to walk in the bedroom and I was sniffling. Before I could stop myself I blurted, "Oh my God, look! Kurt is finally getting kissed!! By Blaine!!!!" He turned his head like the dogs do when they don't understand something and walked away from me. :blush:

Aust99

snip.....
I noticed you tweeted about this so when I watched the episode with regionals in it last night, I was more aware of Lauren's clothes.... The only thing I could think of was maybe it's the actress who is requesting the sleeves, because the character is pretty confident, it doesn't mesh with her costume.

JoyJoy

Yay! Thanks, Misty for linking me to this thread. My daughter and I are huge Glee fans...I don't miss an episode. This show fills me with so much good stuff!

Lauren's clothes have always bothered me, too...I was glad to see her looking slightly more glam in the last episode. I didn't understand why she was bothered by Fat-Bottom Girls, and like others, I'm not super-happy with the lyrics to Finn's song, but I love the sentiment behind it, and love watching them together. The whole message behind that relationship is a win to me.

I don't think they've stopped focusing on Mercedes' weight, either. Did any of you catch the lyrics to her song in this episode? I LOVED them! There were a couple of references to her weight that any girl struggling with pressure from others could take even a tiny measure of inspiration from.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v7yLL4sxWPk

Mama said get your ass out of bed
I said hell to the no
Said wash your grandma's nasty head
I said hell to the no

They tried to take away my tots
I said hell to the no
Yeah, 'cause I'm the one that calls the shots
And I say hell to the no

Try to make me change my weave
Well I got something up my sleeve
It's a whole lot of

Woah, oh, oh, oh, oh
Hell to the no-no, no-no, no-no, no-no
I said
Woah, oh, oh, oh, oh

I'm not trying to diva out
But this shows gotta stop so shout

Woah, oh, oh, oh, oh

Tell me I should eat my wheaties, you know what
Hell to the no (Hell to the no)
Tell me I'll come down with diabetes
Hell to the no (Hell to the no)

Try to make me change my eats
But baby that just isn't me
I'm a whole lot of

Woah, oh, oh, oh, oh
I said
Woah, oh, oh, oh, oh

I'm not trying to diva out
But this shows gotta stop so shout

Woah, oh, oh, oh, oh

Take me you can leave me but I won't ever change
If you don't like the rules don't play my game
Talk to me to get R-E-S-P-E-C-T, but if I don't, it's all in me.

JoyJoy

Oh, and Kurt + Blaine + kissing and holding hands = big old tear-jerking SUPER WIN!!!

And I wanted to slap Quinn on this episode and wrap Rachel in a huge fatty hug. First time I've really disliked Quinn.

I was disappointed with "Loser Like Me". They could have really gotten big digs in at Sue, but they chose the "I don't care what you think of me now because one day I'm going to be better than you" tack, which I don't think is the best message to send. I would have preferred something along the lines of "Your attempts to bring me down only spur me to try to be better".

1love_emily

COLLEGE
I think that Emma needs to sing "What the Hell" by Avril Lavigne.

Would that not be perfect?

Donna

wait...what?
Agreed, Emily.

I am finally caught up after a Glee Hulu and DVD marathon this past weekend. Glad I broke down and purchased the DVD of Season 1...it filled in the gaps and gave me a better understanding of the characters. I can honestly say I am somewhat emotionally invested in this show now (and I have a slight crush on Mark Salling...okay, who am I kidding, I have a huge crush on Mark Salling/Puck.) And even though I knew they were going to come back for the next year, I cried the last half an hour of the Season 1 finale.

I'm torn regarding Lauren and Puck now, though. It is evident how much Puck cares (cared?) about Quinn. But Puck mooning after Lauren is my favorite storyline right now and I hope Ryan Murphy doesn't decide to let it die or break them up so Quinn and Puck get back together.

Not for nothing, I have a sneaking suspicion, based on his Tweets and interviews, that Kevin McHale (Artie) is into big girls. And after I downloaded it and listened a few more time, 'Big Ass Heart' hs grown on me.

Counting down to "Night of Neglect" on the 19th.

mszwebs

For The WIN.
Agreed, Emily.

I am finally caught up after a Glee Hulu and DVD marathon this past weekend. Glad I broke down and purchased the DVD of Season 1...it filled in the gaps and gave me a better understanding of the characters. I can honestly say I am somewhat emotionally invested in this show now (and I have a slight crush on Mark Salling...okay, who am I kidding, I have a huge crush on Mark Salling/Puck.) And even though I knew they were going to come back for the next year, I cried the last half an hour of the Season 1 finale.

I'm torn regarding Lauren and Puck now, though. It is evident how much Puck cares (cared?) about Quinn. But Puck mooning after Lauren is my favorite storyline right now and I hope Ryan Murphy doesn't decide to let it die or break them up so Quinn and Puck get back together.

Not for nothing, I have a sneaking suspicion, based on his Tweets and interviews, that Kevin McHale (Artie) is into big girls. And after I downloaded it and listened a few more time, 'Big Ass Heart' hs grown on me.

Counting down to "Night of Neglect" on the 19th.
Donna,

As the resident Glee police, I'm going to need some proof of your Kevin McHale suspicions lol.

Also, yeah, the Quinn and Puck situation is out there... But I don't know if that's necessarily the End Game for them. I kinda think Ryan Murphy writes things as he goes along (Continuity? What's that?) , and I KNOW that he and those writers troll the boards at Glee Forum. A lot of people seem to like Lauren and Puck. I'd like to think that shockingly, they stick around for a little while.

On a sidenote, in the press release for an upcoming episode, Quinn and Lauren go 'toe to toe' for Prom Queen. This might get ugly.

1love_emily

COLLEGE
On a sidenote, in the press release for an upcoming episode, Quinn and Lauren go 'toe to toe' for Prom Queen. This might get ugly.
That's gonna be awesome! I'm pro-Lauren.. As much as Rachel annoys my soul, Quinn is just rude. I don't particularily swing for either Rachel or Quinn... Lauren is my favorite female lead.

Favorite male is definitely Artie. Or Sam. Or Kurt. Hell, Klaine is one for the record books.

Is it safe to say that I like the men of glee waaay more than the women?

Donna

wait...what?
Donna,

As the resident Glee police, I'm going to need some proof of your Kevin McHale suspicions lol.

Also, yeah, the Quinn and Puck situation is out there... But I don't know if that's necessarily the End Game for them. I kinda think Ryan Murphy writes things as he goes along (Continuity? What's that?) , and I KNOW that he and those writers troll the boards at Glee Forum. A lot of people seem to like Lauren and Puck. I'd like to think that shockingly, they stick around for a little while.

Kevin exchanged some Tweets with Ashley a couple weeks ago and there seemed to be some flirtation to it. But what really made me think he might like big girls was watching him at Paleyfest (the video of which is on Hulu.) Everytime he spoke about either Ashley or Amber Riley, his face just lit up. Call it my fattie sixth sense if you will.

BullseyeB

I'm having mixed feelings about the three chubby girls looking at the posters in last night's episode. I feel like they made them a little vapid and almost a joke. What do you all think?

Great music, though!:D

mszwebs

For The WIN.
I'm having mixed feelings about the three chubby girls looking at the posters in last night's episode. I feel like they made them a little vapid and almost a joke. What do you all think?

Great music, though!:D
Probably.

And they were all dressed like Brittany, when she was supposed to be dressing like Rachel to maker her a trend setter, which I actually thought was a clever nod to a previous episode.

However, if 3 skinny girls had played it the same way, would it be ok to laugh at their vapidness? (Serious question lol, not an attempt to be bitchy or anything lol)

Latest posts

Group builder