• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

I need a laptop, help me choose

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Morganer

I have two candidates. Here is the breakdown:

The circumstance has come up that I may choose one. The candidates are a Sandy Bridge Intel B820 chip, or a Pentium T4200 one.

The specs are incredibly similar. http://www.cpu-world.com/Compare/37..._vs_Intel_Pentium_Dual-Core_Mobile_T4200.html

The contenders: A $259 unit with 3GB RAM, 1/7GHz B820 (Sandy Bridge,) 320GB HD, brand new. 15.6" Screen; Windows 7. HDMI output.

The other one: $289, 15.6" screen, same 3GB RAM, 2.0GHz Pentium T4200 (Core 2 Duo, Penryn,) refurbished/upgraded; Windows 8, HDMI output. *BACKLIT KEYBOARD*

I am slightly favoring the more expensive one with the backlit keyboard. Been agonizing over this for an hour or so, with no input. The Windows 8 and backlit keyboard make me want that one. Both are the same brand. And the new one is at Best Buy, and I DO have Premier Silver status; but I usually never shop at Best Buy, so..

I am leaning towards the Windows 8 one. I am afraid to post that link in the hopes that it will go away, but the other one is this (the one that does NOT have backlit keyboard.) Also, should be noted: BOTH laptops have two ratings, BOTH given 5 out of 5 stars on each one. :huh:
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Gateway...1305327632.p?id=mp1305327632&skuId=1305327632

Someone, please help me out, this is really racking my brain, and I need a unit for all the traveling I will likely soon be doing.. I can only imagine the backlit keyboard will help immensely at night; and I would choose Classic Shell to "fix" Windows 8 from its hideousness. Thanks!

Latest posts

Back