• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

I went out and looked up at the stars last night . . .

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ho Ho Tai

I swear that several of them were older than I am (76 y.o.).

Until a year ago, I (and Mrs. Ho Ho) did bicycle rides of 20, 30, 50, even 70 miles (one day rides). I was a gym rat too, doing such crazy stuff as 500 lb. leg presses.

Then I was hit by ataxia (cause unknown) and am still struggling to recover some of my former strength and skill. It is unlikely because, in addition to ataxia, I have tendon damage all over my arms (two rotator cuffs, right thumb, severed left distal biceps tendon). As I was regaining some semblance of my biking skills last fall, I had a crash from which I emerged with no broken bones - just bruises, contusions and road rash. It took three weeks to recover from that, but biking season (for us old folks) was coming to an end.

However, I have been hill-climbing throughout the summer and getting back to the gym (at about 1/3 of my former lifts, but it's a start).

I guess that, at our age, wheels start to fall off the wagon and you can't always put them back on. If you're lucky, you will still have a few left to haul what's left of you to the cemetery - and if you're very lucky, someone to love you in spite of it all.

Latest posts

Back