Quantcast

If You Could Do Anything

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

LeoGibson

Happy
So, I'm sitting here drinking good whiskey and listening to Sinatra and ruminating about life, and I came up with this thought. What would I do with my life if I could wiggle my nose or wave a magic wand or whatever. The premise is just as I stated in the title, but what I'm wondering is, "What would you do with your life if you could do anything?" What career or lack thereof or really, anything goes.

I'll kick it off by saying if I could do it all over again, I'd try and make my living as a touring musician. Travelling around the world playing music and singing and meeting people would be totally awesome I think. But then again I was born with a travelling Jones, so it fits for me. I'm not talking about being a huge star, just a gigging musician that can support himself and travel the world.

Anyways, that's my private daydream for if I could do anything. What's yours?

Yakatori

Hard to say, really...
And without dealing with any kind of family-ties. I would teach English as a second language. In various far-flung corners of the world. Study independently as necessary in order to teach myself skills suitable for a meaningful contribution in international-NGO type of work.

I would also chase opportunities to learn ancient techniques...of preparing whole foods. Like cheeses. And various types of artisan breads. And the bounty of the seas.

From my point view, unencumbered travel and casual interaction (sans a commodity type of exchange) with a diverse range of regular folks is one of the highest forms of luxury. You tend to meet the most amazing people and have the most interesting experiences that way, amirite?

tankyguy

I don't want that much.

A quiet life with a special someone who loves me for me. Enough money for a couple, or maybe a small family, to live comfortably and travel occasionally. To be able to work on my art, have friends, and find love without my emotional struggles getting in the way. Being healthy enough to enjoy the above.

Nothing that requires an extravagant amount of money. Just a change of fortune and maybe improved self-confidence.

Lil BigginZ

just a NORML guy
I would create some kind of teleporting device. Every damn time I meet someone that's the cat's meow, they're always half way around the world.

If you're looking for more of a realistic scenario. I would've went to college for programming and got into the video game field. It makes the most sense since I love video games. So why not create them?

ConnieLynn

has left the building.
I'd be living somewhere that's warm year round, beautiful beach, blue water. Shack, cottage, whatever, and enough money for good vodka, fat olives, and books.

Mckee

I will going back when I faced a crossroads in my life: choosing between two completely different careers.
Years ago I got an offer to become a film editor, but I refused. I would very much like to know how my life might have been.

Goreki

Fairy tales and Woe
Ascend to Goddesshood. Revel in wonders and perform miracles. Nothing big.

Dex

I would love a small garage/workshop back in the UK, away from the town, tinker with old cars, go for drives in the countryside, have a small cozy cottage with a big cozy wife who loves to cook, eat and grow.

Anjula

the bitchy one
I'm actually in a place where I can still do anything with my life because it's just started. Right now everything goes exactly as Ive dreamed ( the secret!) and I hope it will stay that way. I wanna open my own restaurant, live in Poland most of the year, have a penthouse at Upper East Side for summer and some other occasions and travel the world. Achievable. As for career, Im not sure if civil engineering is the right decision, I might switch studies. I would love to do something creative, but CE is kinda scary. Maybe I will go to ETI lol

HDANGEL15

GREATFUL
travel around the world, with my dog, a chef, a personal trainer,a top of the line motor home w/wifi/satelite, a motorcycle when the need arises, a lover if I want one that day..with freedom from economic worry & PEACE

spookytwigg

Have an A-1 day
If I could do anything then I would be an absolute badass on the cello and I'd be in a crazy band that mostly dealt in industrial music but with crazy strings. I wouldn't want fame, just to make enough money to live and to have made a few people enjoy some music.

Esther

Queen Black Acid
If I could do it over again I would have switched my major and my minor in University so I would have mainly studied fine arts instead of English... I really regret not giving myself the chance to do what I love most.

ODFFA

I wouldn't have gotten married. I mean, I would have done everything else the same -- gone to England, lived life pretty much the way we did -- just without the unnecessary church-pressurised nuptials.

In addition, I would also have liked to start questioning christianity a lot earlier, and consequently, becoming emancipated in many ways a lot sooner too.

But aside from those things (which are already biggies) doing much else differently is too unimaginable for me right now at 3 in the morning :p

lovelocs

Nunc est Bibendum
I would get that damn novel written, and the next one, and the next one.

And I would spend my free time keeping my house and yard immaculate.