I'm sick of short shirts!!

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

HottiMegan

I'm a fat geek!
In Remembrance
I am a long torsoed 5'11" person. I have hated this trend of short shirts that are supposed to go just below the waist on an average person. For me.. it is a belly shirt (well nearly). I am in search of teeshirts (prefferably without pictures on it) that are like 32" long and go up to a 32. Any suggestions? I own a lot of these short shirts and they just show too much belly for my comfort.. i have some longer shirts at the moment but they are old and faded and i want to get some new. I noticed Sillhouettes has teeshirts just wanting a bit of variety too.

Sandie S-R

Ash

Smash
DimensionsModel
Try Catherine's. I have it on good authority (i.e. I work there) that a lot of the new spring knit tops are on the longer side. When you go in, just ask someone about it. A LOT of women want longer tops, and the suppliers are finally getting the hint!

Edit: Also, a lot of tops (especially the knit ones) tend to draw up in the wash. And I'm not just talking about shrinking. It's strange, but, for some reason, plus-size tops tend to pull up vertically and stretch out horizontally, so you end up with a very strangely baggy belly-shirt. So, wash in cold water and avoid machine drying.

HottiMegan

I'm a fat geek!
In Remembrance
That TOTALLY happens to most shirts i buy. I try to only get 100% cotton shirts and so far the only shirts i like are from Sillhouettes. I hardly ever dry my shirts and always wash in cold. I'll check out Catherines next week when i go to Sacramento. (its the closest one to me, 90 miles away)

EvilPrincess

HottiMegan said:
That TOTALLY happens to most shirts i buy. I try to only get 100% cotton shirts and so far the only shirts i like are from Sillhouettes. I hardly ever dry my shirts and always wash in cold. I'll check out Catherines next week when i go to Sacramento. (its the closest one to me, 90 miles away)
There is another shop I used to go to in Sac, it has been a couple of years.

Have you ever been there? I had some luck with finding some unusual things and was happy with their size range. I had to poke around a bit (through the normal big shirts ect.) But I found some neat things that I still wear.

HottiMegan

I'm a fat geek!
In Remembrance
EvilPrincess said:
There is another shop I used to go to in Sac, it has been a couple of years.

Have you ever been there? I had some luck with finding some unusual things and was happy with their size range. I had to poke around a bit (through the normal big shirts ect.) But I found some neat things that I still wear.
I wish i had known about that when i lived in Sacramento! Sheesh.. I didnt even know about Catherines at the time.. luckily i hadnt gained weight past lane bryant at the time. I might check out that store when i'm in sac for a weekend getaway in the near future :) Thanks for the link!

Pink

Hey Megan , I dont know if they have a Cato's Plus where you are but they have a lot of long waisted shirts. I love them because I have the long waist as well plus they put stuff on clearance super cheap. I just bought a really cute top there today for $1.99:)

Tracyarts

I feel your pain...

I like shirts which are 38-40" long, so more tunic length. Which means I occasionally find a vendor who has something I like. But more often than not, I wind up making something myself or even cutting length off of a casual dress to get a long top.

Tracy

Donna

wait...what?
Because of my belly, I like my shirts/tunics long. I find the tee's at Sanctuarie to be rather long (especially their "Very Pear" stuff), as well as very inexpensive.

Also, Plus Woman does a lot of her things custom, and she will make things longer if you ask.

On a side note, the clothes on both of these sites are pretty much basics, nothing overly trendy or modern. On another side note, Sanctuarie has a couple cute gothic peices which make some cute Halloween outfits.

SocialbFly

I am keeping Tina!
i love love love sanctuarie, but when i cant find just a plain tshirt, i buy them from the big mens store...always long enough...thank goodness, i am 6 foot tall and they are NEVER tall enough, i like them to be at least 32 inches as well...i buy big and tall sizes, solves that problem QUICK!!!

MissStacie

Mrs. Gnoom
They have recently begun to make things not only LONGER, but up to size 30-32....I'm not as tall, but I have a lot of upper body fat, so I need longer shirts to be appropriate for work.

Good luck!

HottiMegan

I'm a fat geek!
In Remembrance
SocialbFly said:
i love love love sanctuarie, but when i cant find just a plain tshirt, i buy them from the big mens store...always long enough...thank goodness, i am 6 foot tall and they are NEVER tall enough, i like them to be at least 32 inches as well...i buy big and tall sizes, solves that problem QUICK!!!

I was thinking about doing that. I noticed in a big and tall catalog you could get like 6 cotton teeshirts for $80 which is super cheap and they were 34" long. (this was a few years ago but i'm sure i could find a similar deal) I'm just a plain teeshirt and jeans type of girl most of the year around. If i want a fancy shirt i make it myself because i can make it unique and fun.

HottiMegan

I'm a fat geek!
In Remembrance
MissStacie said:
They have recently begun to make things not only LONGER, but up to size 30-32....I'm not as tall, but I have a lot of upper body fat, so I need longer shirts to be appropriate for work.

Good luck!
I'll check them out next week when i have some time to myself. I drive by there all the time on teh way to target and have only been there once when looking for a shirt for a funeral.

TheSadeianLinguist

Coin-Operated
We've got the opposite problem, Megan. I'm short-waisted and everything's a freaking tunic on me. I hate it. :(

Sassy

If any store has it try a tall rang they make em longer (they do here anyway lol) and like wise if u want less try the petit they don’t carry everything in either range normally but there is a few good things to pick up.
I am just over 6ft so know how annoying it is for things to hit mid belly and my mum is a shorty so has too much hence why plus size petit and tall works well lol

EvilPrincess

for plain t-shirts that are long enough for me, I buy form these guys

t-shirts their delivery was fast and the 6xl works perfect for me ( 5'8 400 lb, and all belly) the range of colors is pretty good as well.

Boteroesque Babe

All cookies cleared!
HottiMegan said:
I am a long torsoed 5'11" person. I have hated this trend of short shirts that are supposed to go just below the waist on an average person. For me.. it is a belly shirt (well nearly). I am in search of teeshirts (prefferably without pictures on it) that are like 32" long and go up to a 32. Any suggestions? I own a lot of these short shirts and they just show too much belly for my comfort.. i have some longer shirts at the moment but they are old and faded and i want to get some new. I noticed Sillhouettes has teeshirts just wanting a bit of variety too.
Had to laugh at myself recently, thinking tops were getting shorter. I think rather, it's my belly that's changing.

Pardon me if someone's already mentioned this, but look for the 100% cotton stuff by All American Comfort, Megan. I have probably a dozen of their pullovers with the wider neckline. They're way long, way roomy, have a classic-but-feminine cut, and come in up to 6x. Best of all - no kitty cat appliques! And indestructable. They're just about the only tops I put in the dryer, and some have lasted for many years.

liz (di-va)

I think Making It Big's tops are very clear about being long--only a few are short. Also, all the shirts I've gotten recently from Ulla Popken have been v. long.