BHM In Her Chair (Parts 1-15) - by Undine (~BHM, Romance)

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

Undine

Jigglypuff!
~BHM, Romance--- A hair stylist gets an interesting new client.

In Her Chair
by Undine

Page 4 has new chapters 12-15 as of 1/5/2009

[Author's Note: The first one I've got the guts to post. I'm super-long-winded, so bear with me...

Part 1

Khloe sat in the back room of the salon, sipping her water and trying to erase the previous five hours from her memory. She’d dripped color on a client’s expensive new jeans, spilled the twenty volume developer all over the dispensary, and had just finished a three-hour spiral perm on an extremely picky woman whose only comment on her hair was “I guess it’s alright.”

She loved being a stylist, but days like this made her wish she could just crawl into a hole.

But she only had two hours until her shift was over, and she intended to take it easy. There were four other stylists at her salon, Synergy, but Khloe had been doing more clients a day than three of the other girls combined, picking up their slack for the six months she’d worked there. After the day she’d had, she felt like she deserved a break.

“Guess what that lady just tipped me,” Sami said, breezing into the break room, her blonde extensions fluttering out behind her. She flopped down into the chair across from Khloe.

“Hmm. You did, what, all-over color, a full head of highlights, and then a razor cut? Three bucks.”

“Two.” Sami groaned and sunk down further in her seat, her slim form lost in the big arm chair. She was the only stylist besides Khloe who really pulled her weight in the salon, and they got along pretty well. “I swear, people tip their waiters more, and the waiters don’t have to put up with them for three hours straight like we do.”

“You have a point.”

“I know.” She sighed. “So are you coming out tonight?”

“I don’t know, Sami, after the crappy day I’ve had, I think I just want to curl up with my cat and a book.”

“Oh, come on, Khlo! That guy…what’s his name…Esteban! Ooh, he was so into you last night. He said he’d be there again tonight, and he’d bring friends. Friends, Khlo. That means that I get to get in on the hot Latin action, too!”

Khloe snorted. “He was in desperate need of a shower and an ego check, Sam. He was so greasy he didn’t walk, he slid.”

“Oh, he did not.”

“Yes, he did. He was totally skeezy. And skeezy is not my type.” She squeezed another lemon slice into her water with decisive force.

“’Not your type.’ You’re just being difficult. I don’t understand you, you have all these incredibly hot men absolutely salivating over you, and you want nothing to do with them. You’re so damn picky,” Sami complained.

Khloe shifted uncomfortably in her seat, tugging on a deep chestnut curl. “I may have high standards, but it saves me from dealing with the whackos.”

“I don’t even know what your standards are…”

“Number one: isn’t the type of guy who goes to bars or clubs to pick up women. Therefore, any guy we meet when we go out is pretty much not a keeper,” Khloe countered.

“Oh, come on, they’re not all disgusting.”

“You’re right, some of them are just plain nuts.”

“Okay, so what are you looking for, then? What’s your type, Miss Picky?”

Dannie, one of the other stylists, saved her from having to answer. She was standing in the doorway of the break room, boredly chomping on a piece of gum. “There’s a haircut up there,” she stated.

“And you can’t take it, why?” Khloe asked somewhat irritably.

Dannie made a face. “Because I’m leaving soon...”

“And by soon you mean three hours,” Sami muttered.

“…And because I think it’s a guy, but he’s got, like, boobs. I’m not going near that with a hazmat suit, and neither will Orla or Jill.”

“What?” Sami said, audibly. “You mean he…she…is a transsexual? You know you can’t refuse to do someone because of something like that, Dannie, we’ll get sued.”

Dannie rolled her eyes. “I mean he’s super-fat.”

Khloe flushed and peered around Dannie to the waiting area at the front of the salon. There sat a young man in his early twenties, like her, looking around anxiously. Even at a distance, she could see that he was very attractive, with an innocent face and shaggy light brown hair. And he was very fat.

“I’ll do him,” Khloe said suddenly.

“Good,” Dannie said. She turned and sauntered back up to her station, where she plopped down and began filing her nails.

“I thought you were exhausted?” Sami asked her, looking weirded out.

Khloe felt her cheeks grow hot as she tied her apron on. “Yeah, well, I need the money.”

“Well good luck,” Sami told her. “I hope he fits in your chair.”

Khloe shot her a look as she left the break room, anxiously cracking her knuckles as she walked to her station and quickly got out her shears, clippers, and combs. Her heart was beating fast, so she slowed down a bit to give herself time to calm down. Just looking at this guy sent shivers down her legs.

When she felt marginally more composed, she went over to the reception desk to check his name. Orla, who was sitting there, said, “Oh, so you’re doing the lard ass?”

“Shut up, Orla,” she hissed.

The redhead rolled her eyes. “Here.” She handed her the clipboard where he’d signed his name. Garron Riese. Here for a wash and cut. And if no one else was here, he’d be getting a lot more than that…she thought.

She turned to the waiting area. He was seated on the edge of the couch with his elbows on his knees, obviously trying to camouflage his size. But he couldn’t hide the fact that he took up more than half of the couch, which could easily fit four people. Khloe felt her thighs tingle, and prayed that she’d be able to keep it together.

“Hi, Garron,” she said brightly.

He looked up, and she saw that his eyes were a deep blue grey, encircled and enhanced by brown-framed glasses. He gave a nervous smile as he stood, taking her outstretched hand and shaking it firmly.

“I’m Khloe; it’s nice to meet you,” she gave him her friendly smile, hoping to put him at ease. She saw his smile relax just a fraction, and quickly took note of his clothing. Baggy khaki cargo pants, Converse sneakers, and a slightly roomy long-sleeved t-shirt. He dressed to conceal, too. A pity, she thought. But she could still see the silhouette of his rounded frame pushing out of his clothes. The wide slope of his belly, the thickness of his thighs…she even caught a slight jiggle of his midsection as they shook hands. She suppressed a shiver.

“Hi, Khloe, nice to meet you, too,” he replied.

Oh, wow, his voice is even sexy…

“Come on back with me, and we’ll talk about what we’re going to do.” She led him back to her station, all the while feeling the heat of his presence at her back like a roaring bonfire. This is crazy…I know he’s hot, but my reactions are just insane. She stopped in front of her chair. “Okay, have a seat right here.”

She saw him hesitate before he began to lower his mass into her hydraulic chair. It was a tight squeeze, and she saw his face redden in her mirror as he sat. She regretted not talking to him about what he wanted up in the waiting area so he wouldn’t have to stuff himself into her chair yet again after his shampoo, but simultaneously loved watching him do it, even though she knew he was embarrassed.

“Okay, Garron, what are we going to do today?” she asked him, trying to make eye contact in the mirror.

“I need a haircut,” he told her, his eyes lowered. So he was shy. “Not too much off…I like to keep it kind of long, but it’s getting in my eyes a lot.”

“Okay, that’s not a problem.” He was very tall, so she lowered the chair as far as she could in order to reach the top of his head. She combed out a section of hair and measured out about an inch with her fingers. His hair was soft, thick, and silky, poker straight, and had gorgeous natural highlights. People paid her to give them hair like his. “You’ve got really nice hair, Garron. It’s really healthy. About this much?”

“Yeah, that looks good. And thanks.”

She smiled at him again, and she saw him give her a little smile back. She asked him a few more questions to make sure she had all the specific things he wanted down, and then told him she was going to drape him. She put a towel around his neck and wrapped the cape around it, just barely closing it on the very end of the Velcro because his neck was so thick. “Is that okay?” she asked him. “Not too tight?”

He nodded.

“Okay, let’s go over to the shampoo bowl and get you washed.” She led him over to the sinks and told him to sit, all the while taking shameless pleasure in watching the way his fat shifted beneath the cape as he sat and leaned back, wriggling around until his head was in the correct position. “Let me know if the water temperature is alright.” She turned on the hose and gently wet his hair.

“That’s perfect,” he said.

“Good. Now you just close your eyes and relax, Garron.” She shampooed and rinsed, and then rubbed conditioner on his scalp, giving him her special massage that she usually reserved for family and friends. As her fingers circled through his hair, she watched the slow rise and fall of his belly with the rhythm of his breath. It had been that very sight ten years ago which had turned on the light bulb in the dark corner of her mind that harbored her secret desire for fat guys.

She’d been away at summer camp, and her friend had become so homesick that her mom came to pick her up early, so Khloe had been left alone in her cabin. She had never been the type who could stand being still for long, so, with no one to talk to or go around with, she began exploring on the boys’ side of camp during free time. She wasn’t exactly looking to “do” anything with anyone – she’d already been kissed by two pretty good-looking guys since she’d turned thirteen that spring and hadn’t particularly enjoyed it – but she’d seen a guy around the camp a few times who intrigued her. He’d had spiky blonde hair, blue eyes, and a thick, heavy body with a round pooch of a belly. It wasn’t really clear to her why he interested her so much: he was funny and smart, and seemed nice, but…he wasn’t what she or her friends would call hot. So she sought him out, hoping to watch him for a bit, maybe talk to him, and figure out what the deal was.

She found him sitting under a tree with a book a little ways off from the boys’ cabins. Khloe was not a shy girl, so she sat down next to him and struck up a conversation. His name was Nick, he was also thirteen, and he was from the other side of the state. They spent a few hours together before the bedtime whistle blew, and this time only served to confuse Khloe more.

She knew that those feelings racing around inside her were of strong like for him, but it just wasn’t making sense. He had a cute face, and he was a really nice guy, but he was fat. And she couldn’t like a fat guy. They hung out together every day until camp ended two weeks later, and those strange emotions only grew in intensity.

On the last night, the counselors had organized a dance for the kids. She held Nick’s hand the entire time, and they danced to all the slow songs together. Afterwards, the counselors had a party of their own in the mess hall while the campers lounged back on logs around the campfire and told ghost stories. But Khloe was more interested in watching Nick’s belly rise and fall. She pictured kissing him, putting her hands on his belly under the starlight. She was shocked that she wanted to kiss him, but knew that it was a definite desire.

So she grabbed his hand and led him down to the little stream that ran behind the infirmery, and kissed him. He kissed her right back, and it was far nicer than either of the kisses she’d received thus far in life. She gently placed her hands on his belly, and it was like fireworks exploded in her stomach as her fingers sunk into his softness. She still remembered all the little details from that moment: the damp smell of the forest, the exact color of the starlight, how smooth Nick’s lips had been, and, of course, the way his fat had felt. She remembered thinking, Huh…I guess I like fat guys. That’s strange.

As she grew older, she only wished she could go back to the innocence and simplicity of that realization. Now that she knew what her desires were, she was bombarded with the societal pressures that fat was a horrible thing, and it was only normal to be thin and like thin people. She’d suffered through high school tolerating the muscular jocks who went after her, all the while secretly pining away for a fat outcast who would have never mustered up the courage to ask her out. Khloe knew that she could have asked him out any time she wanted, but she’d been too afraid of the social rejection that would follow.

A girl in her circle of friends had once shown interest in a guy from the Goth crowd, and the backlash had been incredible. She’d arrived at her locker the next day to find “freak lover” scrawled across it in permanent marker, and people made comments about her wanting to suck blood and all sorts of ridiculous things, all because she’d said that so-and-so was kind of cute. The name-calling had gone on their whole sophomore year, and Khloe could imagine the kinds of things they’d have called her if her “fat thing,” as she referred to it, was revealed. She became ashamed of her preference and tried to quash it, but it just wouldn’t budge.

She decided that when she went to college she would just be herself, and anyone who had a problem with her preference wasn’t worth having in her life. Since then, she’d never made a secret of her fondness for chub, but she never came out and admitted it to anyone, either. She’d dated a few cute big guys in college, but nothing too serious. Most of them couldn’t believe that she was genuinely attracted to them because of their appearance rather than in spite of it, and that ended things rather quickly.

She knew that her roommates talked about the fact that all the guys she brought home were big, but none of them ever had the courage to say anything to her face, so she ignored them. She was having enough trouble trying to remind herself that she wasn’t a freak, when so many of those guys had told her she was for craving their fat bodies.

Now that she was out of both college and cosmetology school and living on her own, she didn’t have to worry about explaining herself to anyone. The supply of attractive fat men in her area, however, was next to nothing.

But you, Garron, have made my day. Hell, you’ve probably made my year, you’re that gorgeous. She looked down at his face, admiring the curve of his cheeks and the soft double chin that padded his jaw. His skin was tanned, which wasn’t surprising, considering they were in a beach town, but he looked like he could have been a surfer, which was surprising, given his size. She again gazed at his belly, wishing that she could have washed his hair without a cape on so her view wouldn’t have been obscured. Come to think of it, if she could have, she’d have asked him to take his shirt off, too. She had a brief fantasy involving her client and a too-tight wetsuit that he needed help getting out of…

Khloe reluctantly rinsed him out and toweled his hair, and returned the chair to an upright position. Garron opened his eyes, his face looking a bit dreamy. “Wow,” he said, “that was incredible. Your hands must hurt like crazy at the end of the day, doing that on every client you wash.”

She couldn’t hold back a slightly wicked grin. “Who says I do it for everyone?”

He blushed, making his round cheeks look like apples.

“You can go ahead back over to my chair, I just have to wipe down the sink, and I’ll be right over.” She watched his tubby behind as he made his way back to her station, and held her breath as he squeezed into her chair again. Watching him from this angle afforded her a spectacular view of his love handles spilling over the arms of her chair. He had to be at least 350 pounds.

He’s really squished in there tight, isn’t he? she thought with a silent giggle as she squirted cleaner on the sink and hose. She saw that the redness in his face had deepened, and felt a little ashamed of herself for being so turned on by something that so obviously humiliated him.

If he had any idea how incredibly sexy I think he is… I hope he can get the hint.

She finished cleaning off the sink and returned to his side. “Okay, Garron, now we can get started.”

She picked up a comb and began to pull it through his hair. “So do you live around here?”

“Yeah, I live over on Ocean Avenue, actually.”

“Wow, you’re really close to the beach, that must be nice. You’re not too far away from me, either,” she replied, inwardly thanking her unbelievable luck. “I live on Forget-Me-Not.”

“That’s not too far from the beach, either. There are some really nice places on that street.”

“Yeah, I’m really lucky to live there, I love it. So what do you do for a living?” she asked as she picked up her shears and began to cut. She could have finished his cut in about ten minutes, but she took it slow. She wanted plenty of time to chat.

He got a bit of a strange look on his face. “I’m a video game designer.”

Khloe’s eyes widened. “Seriously? What games do you work on?”

“Uh, I’ve done Ancient Enemy I and II, City of Smoke, and right now I’m working on a sequel to it.”

“That is so cool! I’ve only played Ancient Enemy II a few times, but I love City of Smoke; it’s my favorite game.”

He looked incredulous. “You play video games?”

Khloe gave him a grin. “I know, I know, I’m a girl!”

She feigned a look of shock.

“I – no, I just…”

“I’m only teasing. I know it’s sort of unusual. None of my friends play. So tell me about your job, what all do you do?”

They chatted for a while about his work, and Khloe’s questions gradually drew him out of his shell a bit. He even asked her a few questions: how long she’d been a stylist, what else she liked to do. He was very polite and funny, and so sweet – he even sunk down in the chair a bit without being asked when she was having trouble reaching the top of his head. She caught him checking her out once, and she mentally cheered – that had to mean he wasn’t gay. She hadn’t thought he was, but one could never be too sure.

Now, she thought, is he seeing anyone…

“So do you have any kids?” That was usually a much safer question than, “Do you have a girlfriend?” Most younger people would automatically offer their relationship status when asked about their children or lack thereof.

He laughed a bit uneasily. “No, no kids. Definitely not. I’m only twenty-four, and I don’t have anybody to have them with.”

Score, she thought. “Ah, well, some people like to start early. I know it’s way too early for me. And I don’t have anybody to have them with, either,” she added, wanting to make sure he knew she was available. “Okay, Garron, your cut’s all finished. How does it feel? Go ahead, run your hands through it, make sure it feels good to you.”

He lifted his hands to his head and combed through his damp locks. Khloe couldn’t resist, she lifted her own hand and “accidentally” brushed his fingers, sending a shock up her arm from the contact. She thought she saw him jump a little bit, too. “It feels really good,” he said. “Much better; it won’t be in my eyes now.”

“Great!” she said, giving him another grin edged with evidence of her attraction. “Is there anything else I can do before I dry it?”

He said no, so she blew it dry on the low setting, taking as long as she possibly could, not wanting him to leave. But soon it was dry, and there was nothing left to stall with.

At least I get to take the cape off now and stare at his gorgeous body for a few minutes, she tried to console herself. She unwrapped the cape from around his neck and stood back as he pulled his soft bulk out of her chair. Her knees felt wiggly, and her thoughts were wiggling, too.

They walked up to the reception area, Khloe asking him what his plans were for the rest of the day. Orla saw them coming and made a disgusted face, then hopped out of the chair behind the desk, brushing past them on her way to the back of the salon. Khloe got behind the desk and rung him out as he told her that he was planning to just go home and hang out, maybe test the latest level of the game he’d been working on.

She handed his change back to him, and said, “Thank you so much for coming in, Garron, it was really nice to meet you.”

She gave him another one of her low-wattage sexy smiles, not wanting to overwhelm him. She could tell that he wasn’t very confident, but if he had been…she would have asked him out right then. Maybe she would.

He looked at her and smiled back shyly.

“No, thank you, Khloe. You made this a really good experience. And your massage was fantastic. My head feels amazing. Here,” he said, handing her a twenty dollar bill.

“Oh, no, you don’t have to do that…”

“Yes, I do,” he insisted. “You did a great job, and you were really nice to me.”

“You shouldn’t tip me for being nice to you, Garron; you’re worth being nice to.”

He blushed, obviously at a loss for words. Just then, a snatch of the conversation in the break room floated up to the front of the salon: “…didn’t even fit…so fat!”

Khloe’s stomach lurched, and she saw the shame bloom in Garron’s face. They were both silent for a moment. She was, for once, at a complete loss for words.

He broke the silence.

“Well,” he said quietly, “it’s such a rarity that I get kind of shocked when it happens and sometimes try to overcompensate. Although I don’t think this is overcompensating. Please, take it, Khloe. The cut looks great, and I won’t have a headache for a week.”

“Thank you, Garron. Here – here’s one of my cards. It would be really nice to see you again.”

He gave a wry smile as he glanced at her card and pocketed it. “Thanks again, Khloe. Have a good night.”

“You too, Garron. Good luck with your game. You have one definite buyer right here when it comes out.”

He thanked her again and gave a small wave, and she watched his soft body quiver as he walked out the door.

“Darn!” she muttered. “Why didn’t I rebook him? Why didn’t I at least ask him for his number? Ugh!” She quickly typed his name into the computer and hit the search button. Nothing came up – of course Orla hadn’t taken down his information. She wished she would have remembered to do it herself, but she’d been too busy drooling over him like a puppy. And then her coworkers had decided to be assholes. That had thrown her completely off balance. She, unshakable Khloe.

She wanted him so badly she couldn’t even see straight as she walked back to her station to clean up. As she disinfected the counter and put her combs in the sanitizer, she replayed all the little details of the past…how long had it been? She looked at the clock and was shocked to see that she’d spent an hour and a half with him. Well, at least I had a good ending to my crappy day, she thought.

Then she heard the other stylists laughing in the back room, and felt her blood begin to sizzle. But thanks to them, I’ll probably never see him again. She tossed her things in her bag and stalked back to the doorway, her teeth clenched. They were all still giggling as she crossed the threshold and stopped, glaring around at them. “What the hell is wrong with all of you?” she demanded.

Their laughter stopped. “What’s your problem?” Jill asked, her lip curled.

“My problem is that I was doing a client out there, and you were all back here saying horrible things about him. He heard you. He’ll probably never come back here again.”

“Who cares if that disgusting blob never comes back? It’ll save our furniture a lot of stress,” Dannie quipped.

“Yeah, you were doing him, alright,” Orla smirked at the same time.

Khloe felt her stomach drop down to the soles of her feet. “You are all disgusting.” She turned her stare to Sami, and said, “And I expected better from you. I’m leaving.”

“Khlo, wait!” Sami called after her as she slammed open the front door.

“What?”

“What is up with you?”

“I just told you. Not only was that completely unprofessional, it was really mean. There is no reason to make fun of someone’s appearance like that.”

“Okay, well, number one, he was really, really huge. And number two, it really looked like you were flirting with him. I saw you giving him your special massage. You won’t even give me your special massage unless I beg you for weeks.”

“So what’s wrong with being nice to people?”

Sami gave her a look. “You definitely passed the line of just ‘nice.’ You were seriously working it.”

“Nothing gives you an excuse to talk about someone you don’t even know like that, especially when he can hear you.” She had reached her car and was digging for her keys in her bag.

Sami was now standing at the passenger side of the car. Khloe had been giving her a ride home for the past week while her car was in the garage getting fixed. “Why are you completely avoiding what I’m saying to you? Were you flirting with him, yes or no?”

Khloe ignored her, unlocked her door, and got in.

“Hey! You’re still giving me a ride home, right?” Sami’s muffled voice came through the closed passenger side window.

With a huff, Khloe reached over and unlocked the door. As mad as she was at her friend, she couldn’t leave her there to bum a ride with Dannie, Jill, or Orla.

Sami got in, and was silent as Khloe turned the key in the ignition and pulled out of the lot behind the salon. She didn’t say anything until they turned onto Sami’s street.

“Oh…I get it. You were just being nice, right? You figured that no one would probably ever look at a tub like that, so you wanted to spice up his day a little? Give him a little pick-me-up? And you probably got a really good tip, too.”

Khloe gave her a withering look as she stopped in front of Sami’s apartment building. “Why does it matter so much to you?”

Sami crinkled her nose. “Because if you were really flirting with him, that would just be…bizarre. And pretty gross.”

Khloe shook her head. “I’ll see you Monday, Sami.”

“You’re not coming out tonight? What about Esteban?”

“I told you, I think he’s gross. You can go pick up as many slimy men as you want, but I’ll pass, thanks.”

Sami sighed. “Alright, sorry if I pissed you off. If you reconsider, please call me. If not, I’ll see you Monday. Thanks for the ride.”

Undine

Jigglypuff!
Part 2

Khloe thought about Garron every spare moment she had for the next few weeks. Every time the shop door opened, she looked up anxiously, hoping it was him, and feeling crushed when it wasn’t. The rational part of her mind told her that he had no real reason to come back so soon – no normal person needed a haircut every week, after all – but she couldn’t quash that little ember of hope in her belly.

She was still slightly irritated with Sami, but finally succumbed to her requests to go out to the club with her after two weeks of no Garron. So that Friday, Khloe picked Sami up at her apartment and headed over to Edge, the trendiest place in the city.

“I’m so happy you finally decided to come out again!” Sami squeaked as the bouncer waved them through, her sequined top glittering as she gestured. “This place has been jammed with ridiculously hot guys the past few nights; if you can’t find something you like here, well, there’s got to be something wrong with you…”

Khloe thought wryly, Well, if you knew what I actually liked, you’d definitely think there was something wrong with me…

But she simply said, “We’ll see. I didn’t come to pick up a guy, Sami. I just came to have a few drinks and blow off some steam.”

“Well, I have a feeling that you’re going to meet a hottie tonight,” Sami insisted. “And I sure hope that I do, too.”

The girls mingled for a while, making small talk with acquaintances and dancing a bit. Khloe felt many pairs of eyes on her as she danced, and did her best to ignore the obnoxious guys trying to hit on her. She knew she was attractive, with her long, shiny chestnut hair, large brown eyes, exotic features, and voluptuous curves, but she’d always considered her looks an annoyance rather than a gift, since they were a magnet for the guys she had no interest in and intimidated the guys she wanted.

Deciding that she needed some water, she pushed past a guy telling her that he swore he’d seen her in a magazine and made her way over to the bar. While she was waiting (it always seemed to take longer to get water than booze here, as if they didn’t keep the non-alcoholic things on hand), she scanned the club. Skinny, skinny, skinny…hey, who’s he?

Her attention focused on a huddle of guys in the far corner. Most of them were carbon copies of every other sleaze in the club, with their gelled hair, blindingly white teeth, and hard bodies. They were talking animatedly, probably singling out their prey for the evening. They looked sort of familiar, but these guys all started to blend together after a little while. With them but obviously not part of the discussion was a large young man who looked decidedly out of place. He reminded her of Nick, her first kiss. His hair was a shade or two darker, but the rounded shape of his body was very similar to that of her first fat guy’s. She guessed him to be around 250; not really fat, but definitely fat enough to interest her.

I’ll bet he’s their wingman, she thought with a touch of anger. Well he won’t be doing any of that tonight.

The bartender handed her a bottle of water, which she downed half of before she set it at her and Sami’s table. She smoothed her shimmery white top and walked over to the group of guys.

The carbon copies saw her coming from across the club. She caught them elbowing each other, preening and smirking. Khloe felt a small but wicked smile bloom on her face as she focused on the big guy. He didn’t even see her heading towards him.

Poor thing probably thought that he’d be sitting by himself all night. He was wearing black pants and a dark-colored button-down; it was hard to tell what color it was in the dim lighting, but she could tell that he had a very nice body underneath it.

“Hey,” she said to him, seeing the guys he was with glaring at her out of the sides of her vision. “Wanna dance?”

He stared at her, blinking as if she were some sort of optical illusion. One of his companions stepped in front of him and replied, “Sure, I’d love to.”

She regarded him with irritation. “I wasn’t talking to you. I was talking to him.”

“Me?” the big guy asked.

“Yeah, you.” She grinned. “So you want to?”

“Uh – yeah.” He gave his buddies a confused glance as she grabbed his hand and led him away. She could see their open mouths and wide eyes follow them as they made their way out onto the dance floor.

“I’m Khloe,” she said as she began to sway her hips to the beat. “What’s your name?”

“Ezra.”

“Nice to meet you, Ezra.” She grazed her fingers across his arm as he started to dance a little bit. He moved pretty well for his size, but didn’t get too into it. He still seemed a little shocked.

They danced for a few songs before he told her he needed a drink. After they both got some water, Khloe took him to the table where she and Sami had been coming back to all night. She gave a quick glance around the club and saw Sami on the other side of the dance floor surrounded by a crowd of guys, and shook her head slightly, then turned her attention back to Ezra.

“So where are you from, Ezra?” She sat on the stool next to him so she could check out his body while they talked. He had nice thick arms and an adorable round gut that hung over his belt into his lap and strained the buttons of his shirt just a bit.

He told her that he was a lawyer who lived in a city four hours up the coast, and was visiting college buddies for the weekend. He seemed to relax a bit as they talked, so the conversation flowed more easily. Khloe found that he was a really nice guy, though they didn’t have much in common. After about thirty minutes, one of Ezra’s friends came over to their table and interrupted.

“Ezra,” he said, looking at Khloe, “we gotta go. That ass Masterson just puked. Hurry it up.”

He continued to gaze at her chest as he walked away.

“Ah, I’m sorry, Khloe…I’m the DD… Rob knows he can’t handle tequila, but every time he goes out someone gets him started on it and he goes nuts.” Ezra looked devastated.

“That’s okay, Ezra, I totally understand. It’s great that you’re responsible enough to take care of your buddies.” She smiled at him. She’d enjoyed his company and was sad to see him go, but knew they had no relationship potential beyond friendship.

“Ha, I try,” he replied. “Hey, um…I don’t want to sound like a prick, but…did one of my friends screw you over or something?”

She wrinkled her brow in confusion. “I actually don’t think I know any of them. Why?”

“Well…” he paused nervously. “It’s just that…most women don’t really even notice that I exist, yet you asked me to dance. I just thought…”

“Ah…that I wanted to screw with one of your buddies by coming on to you?” She was slightly irritated, more so by the fact that he obviously believed that he didn’t deserve her attention than the implication that she was the type of girl who liked to play with guys like that.

He made an embarrassed face.

“Well, Ezra, I definitely don’t know any of your friends, so none of them have ever screwed me over. I’m not interested in scrawny pretty-boys.” She lightly brushed her fingers across his belly and smiled.

“I like a guy I can sink my teeth into. I thought you were cute, and I wanted to dance with you. So I asked.”

Ezra stared at her for a moment before a grin broke out across his face. “Wow. Seriously?”

She gave him a playful nod.

“Wow,” he repeated. “You’re pretty cool, Khloe. It was great to meet you. I’ll definitely look for you the next time I come down here.”

She smiled at him. “Sounds good. Good luck taking care of your friend.”

They bid each other goodbye and he disappeared into the crowd. Khloe was relieved that he didn’t ask for her number. Even though he was a decent guy, she had no desire to hook up with anyone right now.

Except for Garron, she thought. If I ever see him again…

She sat at the table, sipping her water and daydreaming about Garron, for about twenty minutes before a slightly tipsy Sami stumbled over to her. “What are you doing?”

“I’m drinking some water. What are you doing?”

Sami rolled her eyes. “I mean why aren’t you out there dancing? I lost you before, I thought you’d finally come to your senses and relented to one of your many suitors.”

Khloe gave a flippant shrug. “I danced with a guy, we talked for a while.”

Sami’s mouth dropped open and she grabbed the stool for balance, teetering on her high heels. “Where is he? Omigosh!”

“He had to go, he was the DD and one of his friends started puking.”

"Ugh! Well what’s his deal?”

“Twenty-six, a lawyer from up the coast a ways. He was just in town visiting for the weekend.”

“A lawyer!” Sami almost whined. “Why do you always get the hot and rich ones? What did he look like? Did I see him? Most importantly, did you get his number?”

Khloe hesitated before she answered. She didn’t think she was exactly ashamed of her preference for fat guys anymore, but she didn’t want to have to deal with Sami’s non-understanding of it. And she knew that Sami could never understand this.

“I don’t think you would have seen him; I think his group came in after you were already hamming it up over there in your little circle of adoration. He was average height, spiky dark blonde hair, kinda…big. And no, I didn’t ask for his number. He lives, like, four hours away. And we didn’t have much in common. He was a nice guy, though.”

Sami gave her an incredulous look. “Who cares if you didn’t have much in common? A hot muscle-y lawyer, and you didn’t pounce! Ugh!”

Khloe blinked at her. Muscle-y? She equates the word “big” with muscles. Wow. Guess I don’t have to be quite as careful as I thought.

Then she had an idea. “Besides, Sami, there’s already a guy who I’m kind of into.”

Sami plopped onto the stool and narrowed her eyes at her friend. “Details. Now. Who is it?”

“You wouldn’t know him, Sam.”

“Well where is he from? How do you know him?”

“He lives not too far from me. We met a few weeks ago, just during the normal course of the day.”

She was making things up on the spot now. “He’s pretty shy, though.”

“Awww!” Sami drawled. “So when are you seeing him?”

“Uh…I don’t know. I don’t want to be too aggressive and scare him off. He’s definitely the type who’d be scared off.”

Her friend wrinkled her nose. “How any guy could be scared off by you, the most gorgeous woman, like, ever, is a mystery to me.”

“Trust me, Sami, he’s really shy. I’m just going to take it slow. I think he’s really worth it.”

She sighed. “Yeah, I guess you’ve already had enough of the game. You’ve probably had men after you since you were twelve, and now you want to settle down with a ‘real relationship.’ I’m so not ready for that.”

Khloe laughed. “That’s an understatement.”

Undine

Jigglypuff!
Part 3

Two more weeks passed, but thoughts of Garron were never far from Khloe’s mind. She’d find herself more quiet than usual while cutting a client’s hair, daydreaming that it was his big soft bulk in her chair instead of some anorexic society girl. She’d almost lost hope that she’d ever see him again. He’d be needing another haircut soon, but she seriously doubted he’d ever set foot in her salon again after her coworkers’ rude comments about his size.

Oh, his size. She retreated to her favorite fantasy of him, in which she’d stumbled upon him in the forest, swimming unclothed in a shallow pool fed by a small waterfall. She watched from behind a tree as he ducked under the spray and let the water cascade down his abundant, slightly jiggling rolls, shimmering over his soft skin. He opened his eyes and caught sight of her watching, and, embarrassed, sunk down up to his neck in the water so she couldn’t see his glorious body. She made her way towards him, shedding articles of clothing as she stepped into the pool.

“Khloe,” he breathed in his soft, sexy voice. She was inches from him now. One of her hands reached out for his big, blubbery belly, wobbling beneath the surface. She grabbed his fat, and with the other hand –

“Khloe? You already cut my hair. What are you doing?” the blonde in her chair asked. One of those anorexic society girls. She was nice enough, for a party girl, but a complete perfectionist.

Khloe found herself with a comb and her shears back in her hands, even though she’d just finished drying her client’s hair. She masterfully conjured an excuse out of thin air. “Just a little bit of texturizing on your ends, Kennedy. Sometimes I like to go back after it’s dry just so it’s perfect.”

“Oh, wow, that’s great!” the girl said. “That’s why I keep coming back to you, Khloe; you always make my hair look so awesome.”

“Thanks, Kennedy, I’m glad you like it so much.” She spent about thirty seconds notching her ends to make her claim believable, then finished up and got her checked out.

After Kennedy left, carrying her tiny dog in a huge purse slung over her shoulder, Khloe sighed and trudged back to the break room for something to eat. There was only an hour left until they closed, and she’d be shouldering most of the clean-up that night, since the only other stylist there was Jill, who didn’t do much of anything. She peeled the aluminum foil away from her wrap and got to eat about half of it before she heard the faint chime that signaled the front door opening. She grimaced and kept eating. She’d taken the last four clients, in addition to her three previously booked appointments, while Jill had yakked on the phone for an hour and a half; let her take this one.

“Khloe.” Jill was standing on the threshold of the break room, holding her cell phone away from her ear. “You have a client.”

“Jill, I just sat down for the first time in five hours. Why can’t you do it?”

Jill rolled her eyes as she put her cell phone back to her ear.

“Hold on, Rick! Just a minute!”

Then to Khloe, “He asked for you. It’s that big fat guy. Should I tell him you’re done for the night?”

Khloe dropped her wrap, splattering dressing and lettuce all over the table. “No! No. Just give me two minutes.”

Jill wrinkled her nose.

“Whatever,” she said over her shoulder as she put her phone back to her ear and started talking again.

Khloe peered out the door, her heart thumping against her ribcage. There he was, seated on the couch again, taking up even more of it than she remembered.

“Oh, gosh,” she breathed as she raced to clean up her food and wash her hands.

Oh, I can’t believe he came back! she thought joyously. Alright, this time, nothing is going to throw me off track. I am asking him out.

She gave herself a quick once-over in the mirror and fussed with her hair a bit, took a few deep, calming breaths, and went out to meet Garron.

“Hi, Garron!” she greeted him enthusiastically. Was it just her imagination, or did he look a little bigger than the last time she’d seen him? Maybe he was just wearing tighter clothes. He had on another long-sleeved t-shirt, this one navy, and dark grey cargo shorts. She tried to keep her knees steady as she took in the sight of his trunk-like legs and the incredible line that showed through his shirt where his belly hung over the waistband of his shorts.

He gave her a smile that was more than a little nervous as they shook hands. “Hi, Khloe.”

“How’ve you been?”

“Pretty good, you?”

“I’ve been great. I’m so glad you came back; it’s great to see you. Are you here for a trim?”

“Yeah…um…your card said that you should get a haircut every four to six weeks, so, here I am,” he said, blushing, his hands shoved deep in his pockets.

She felt her grin widen.

So maybe he wanted to see me, she thought. Maybe he couldn’t wait. Oh, I hope so.

“Wonderful. Come on back, and we’ll get started. Here, you can sit right down at the shampoo bowl; we’re just taking the edges off, right?”

He nodded as he sat. “Yeah, just a little bit off.”

She put a strip around his neck, her eyes lingering on the rolls of flab that graced the sides of his back before she covered him up with the cape. “Okay, you can lie back now…comfy?”

“Yeah,” he told her.

She shampooed him and then began her special massage, all the while thinking of the best way to approach the situation. He obviously had little confidence in his appearance, and she didn’t want to scare him off by being too aggressive. On the other hand, she couldn’t let the chance to ask him out pass her by once again. She’d have to be very careful.

Her massage finished, she dried his hair a bit and sat him up. Once again, he looked very relaxed. “That was even better than I remembered. Did you go to massage school?”

She smiled, happy that he recalled his last visit so well. “Nope. I just came up with that on my own. I sat down one day and thought of what I’d like whoever was shampooing me to do, and I tried it out on my mom, and she loved it.”

“Sort of like the Golden Rule of shampooing?”

Khloe laughed as she wiped down the sink. “Exactly. Okay, let’s go over to my chair…”

She led him over to her station, trying to position herself so that she could watch him sit, but not make it obvious.

He looked at the chair for a moment, his brow wrinkled, before trying to sit. It was definitely a tighter squeeze than last time. His softness shook with the effort of trying to enfold itself into a space that was too small for it, and by the time he was seated, his breath had quickened and his face was red. Khloe felt her heart ache for him, that society forced his marvelous size into a world that was too small for it. But she couldn’t deny that the sight of it made her want to grab him and kiss him.

This reaction to his obvious discomfort was something that Khloe had struggled with for a few years. A guy she’d dated in college, Rob, had been almost Garron’s size, and had had a terrible time whenever they went anywhere together. She recalled an incident at a movie theater where Rob simply could not fit into the seats. He’d been mortified, but Khloe had found herself so turned on she could barely wait until they drove back to his dorm to jump on him. He’d asked her later, somewhat reluctantly, if his embarrassment had made her hot. Khloe had been shocked, though she’d wondered the same thing herself for a while, but thought long and hard before she answered him.

No, it wasn’t that he was embarrassed, she told him, it was the impression that he was of a different world, one that had no need to force people into tiny chairs, tiny personalities, tiny existences. Yes, she was very attracted to his size in a physical sense, but also on a mental level, for what it signified to her – a refusal to conform. Looking into his sad eyes as she told him this, she could tell he didn’t understand. Their relationship ended soon after, but Khloe had at least sorted that out in her mind.

Khloe decided to act like she hadn’t noticed his struggle, since she certainly didn’t want to draw attention to the fact that he was obviously too big for her chair. She fiddled with her comb case for a few moments before turning back to Garron.

“Okay, Garron,” she said, smiling brightly, “let’s get started. So how’s the game coming?”

His expression loosened a bit. “Wow, I’m surprised you remembered. It’s coming really well. The expected release date is October.”

“Of course I remembered,” she told him as she snipped away. “It’s not every day that a girl gets a cute video game designer in her chair.”

Darn it, she thought as she watched his face freeze and his cheeks blush even more, he’s worse than I thought.

“So,” she continued, “are we going to see more of Mordikai, or is he actually dead?”

Garron sputtered out an answer, and she continued to make conversation about the game and other menial things until he seemed to have relaxed again. It was amazing how much they had in common, and that, living in a relatively small city, they hadn’t run into each other before. They’d both attended a concert the month before at a local venue, but hadn’t even caught a glimpse of each other. She said so, and Garron blushed again.

“Yeah, it is strange.”

“So what else do you like to do for fun, Garron? Do you do the whole bar scene?”

“Uh, once in a while. I like music, concerts, movies…my favorite thing to do is go to the beach, really.”

So that explained the tan.

“That was half of the reason I applied for the game designer job, so I could justify – and afford – moving to the beach.”

"It really is beautiful here…I was lucky enough to grow up here, and even luckier enough to be able to afford to stay here,” she told him.

“So how does that feel, Garron?” she said, stepping back a bit.

“Feels great, Khloe. I don’t know what you did, but it laid really nice the last time you cut it. It feels just right.”

She smiled as she began to dry his hair. When it was finished, she discreetly watched him yank himself out of her chair, and slowly walked him up to the front of the salon, looking around to see where Jill was. Still at her station on the other side of the salon, talking on her phone, her feet up on the counter.

How sanitary, Khloe thought wryly.

She checked Garron out, and again he tried to give her a big tip. And here’s my opportunity…

“No, Garron, you don’t have to do that…”

“Please, Khloe, I insist.” He looked up at her through lowered lashes. He is so ridiculously adorable.

“I have a better idea,” she said, trying to keep her grin to a reasonable width. “What are you doing later?”

He gave her a confused look. “Uh, nothing…?”

“How about you go home and get a shower to get those little hairs off your neck, I’ll clean up here and go home and do the same, and you meet me at Finnegan’s for a drink in about, oh, say, an hour?”

He stared at her, his cheeks glowing pink again. “Um…really?”

“Yeah,” she said cheerfully. “I’d like it if we could go out and talk somewhere that’s not work, you know? Relax and just enjoy each other’s company.” She found her stomach fluttering nervously. She couldn’t remember the last time she’d been nervous asking a guy out.

He was staring at the floor, and his hands were shoved in his pockets again, his arms framing the round pillow of his gut. One…two…three…four…five…six seconds went by, and he looked up at her.

“Sure,” he said, a bit hoarsely, “sounds good.”

Khloe almost burst out with a squeal of glee. For a moment she’d been truly afraid he’d say no. “Great! About nine-thirty, then? If you get there first, just get a table, and I’ll do the same.”

“Okay,” he said. He looked terribly bewildered.

“Awesome! I’ll see you soon, Garron. Thanks again.”

He blinked a few times, and then said, “Thanks, Khloe. I’ll…I’ll see you in a little bit.”

He turned and walked out of the salon, looking back at her twice. She kept her excitement in check until the door had closed behind him and she saw him turn the corner through the window, and then she let out an ecstatic shriek "Yes!"

“What the...?” Jill called out.

But Khloe was already too busy racing around cleaning up to pay her any attention. She completed all her regular duties in about ten minutes, shouted, “I have to get going, Jill, you can lock up,” and was out the door.

Undine

Jigglypuff!
Part 4

She didn’t even remember driving home. The next thing she knew, she was in the shower, lathering up her hair and contemplating what to wear. Finnegan’s was a few blocks away from her, a nicer pub with a casual atmosphere that she much preferred to the nightclubs Sami always dragged her to. Those places were nice once in a while when she wanted to dance, but the clientele made the experience more than a bit stressful at times. She knew that Garron would have never been comfortable at a place like that. And she wanted him focusing on her, not distracted by a hectic, smoky club and its asshole patrons.

She stepped out of the shower, dried herself lightning fast, threw her hair up in a towel, and went to her closet. She picked out a pair of dark bootleg jeans and an aqua off-the-shoulder top, figuring it would be casual but not too casual. She paired it with heeled boots and her favorite aquamarine earrings, and then set to work on her hair and makeup. She went all out with her makeup, giving herself the smoldering bedroom eyes that had caused all the girls in her cosmetology class to beg her to teach them how to do it. Her hair she decided to simply diffuse with her blow drier until it was just a bit damp, counting on the ocean air to enhance her natural curl.

Catching a glimpse of the clock, she saw that it was already twenty after nine.

“Ugh, I should have left ten minutes ago to get a table…” She gave herself one more mirror check, grabbed her purse and keys, and locked the door behind her.

She walked quickly down the street in the cool sea air, weaving in and out of the Saturday night partiers dotting the sidewalks. Her town wasn’t huge, but as the weather got warmer, more and more people came in to stay at the hotels, and during the peak of the season the population would almost double. It was only the end of April, but already she was seeing a lot of out-of-towners.

I hope Finnegan’s isn’t too crowded…she thought anxiously. Khloe was surprised to find that she was nervous about meeting Garron. Excited, certainly, but there was a definite core of nerves to the butterflies in her stomach.

What if he turns out like those guys I dated before? What if he can’t believe that I think he’s gorgeous just the way he is? What if I make him uncomfortable? Oh, I would feel so awful… She gave her head a little shake.

Calm down, Khloe. You know there’s something different about him. It may take a while to convince him, but the work will be worth it. She’d always taken her intuition very seriously, and it had rarely been wrong. There was a feeling she had about her plump crush that told her that any extra effort she put into making something happen with him would pay off big time.

At 9:41, she walked through the door of the bustling pub, anxiously looking around. A minute later, she caught sight of his wide backside sitting on the chair side of a half booth in the back of the restaurant area. With a little sigh of relief, she made her way back to him.

“Hey,” she greeted Garron happily with a touch on his shoulder.

He started a bit, looking up at her wide-eyed. “Hey,” he said as he stood. “I thought maybe…I thought you’d changed your mind.”

“Of course not! I just have no concept of time,” she laughed. “You look great.” And he did. He was wearing a casual-style white long-sleeve button-down, untucked, over a pair of baggy blue jeans. She marveled that, at his size, his clothing fit him so well. He must have had to go to the next town over, where there was a big and tall store, to do his clothes shopping. There was no way any of the stores in their town, which catered to the typical beach body, would have been able to supply adequate covering for his delicious fatness. His hair fell across his forehead in a sandy sweep, further framing his ocean-colored eyes, which were peering out at her from behind his glasses. She noticed that he had incredibly long eyelashes. And that cute double chin…

He looks so good… Unable to hold back, she wrapped her arms around him in a hug.

She immediately almost regretted it. The incredible softness of his body pressed into her, and she could feel his squishy midsection practically pouring into her –

Oh, he’s even bigger than I thought he was – making her inner muscles tense and relax in just the right sequence, and she had to do some serious inner damage control to keep her cool. But at the same time she felt his posture stiffen, though his arms went around her in a loose embrace. The poor guy was terrified.

Suck it up, Khloe. You’ll make him understand before the night is over. She let go, gave him a dazzling smile, and sat down in the booth.

Garron’s Adam’s apple bobbed twice as he swallowed, gulping for air like a fish who’d suddenly found himself skydiving. He recovered his composure and sat, shyly saying, “Umm, thanks. You’re the one who looks amazing…”

Khloe felt a happy little blush spread across her cheeks. He was so sincere. “Thank you, Garron. So how are you?” She couldn’t help but let her eyes drift downward to take note of how far his behind spilled over the sides of the chair. His belly was shielded from her view by the table, but that didn’t stop her from imagining how big it must look, pouring out in between his legs, which she could tell were spread to support his size.

“I’m…alright, I guess,” he finally answered, looking up at her. “How are you?”

“I’m great. So, I don’t know about you, but I’m starving. Let’s get something to eat, too. They have such good food here.”

She caught a slight blush spread across his cheeks as he agreed with her, and she hoped that she wasn’t pushing her luck. But she truly was hungry; it wasn’t just that she wanted to watch those incredible lips and cheeks move as he ate…

“So do you come here a lot?” he asked her.

“Maybe around once a month…all my friends are more into the club scene. Don’t get me wrong, clubs are great once in a while, but they get old pretty fast. I love this place, though; it’s a very relaxed atmosphere. How about you, do you come here a lot?” she asked him, peering over her menu.

“I’m usually here once every week or two. This is where the guys at work like to come after a tournament to celebrate.”

“That is so weird that we’ve never run into each other before!” she commented. “How long have you been in town?”

“Almost a year now, I moved in at the beginning of last summer.”

They talked about where he had lived before, and what it had been like growing up at the beach for Khloe for a little while. Then their waitress arrived.

“Ladies first,” Garron said with a small smile, gesturing to Khloe.

“Hmm…I think I’ll get the chicken Caesar salad, dressing on the side, and a side of mozzarella sticks, please. And whatever beer you have on tap.”

The waitress, a young, thin, attractive blonde, turned to Garron, and wrinkled her nose a bit. Khloe shot her a death glare, but didn’t think the girl noticed. Luckily Garron was oblivious, still staring down at his menu.

“Um…I think I’ll just have a garden salad, with the light ranch dressing, please. And I’ll take whatever light beer you have on tap, too.”

Khloe frowned as the waitress walked away. “What’s wrong,” she asked him, “not hungry?”

His face turned bright pink. “I’m, uh…trying to…watch what I eat,” he muttered.

“Oh, come on,” she said lightly. “You can’t come here and not get their wings. I was actually hoping you’d get some and let me share…why don’t we share a plate?”

“Um…okay, sure.”

She flashed him a smile. “Good!”

The waitress finally saw Khloe waving her arm in the air, and came back over. “Hi, I’m sorry to be a pain, but we’d like to change our order, if it’s not too late… It’s not? Great, thank you. Just make mine a plain Caesar, no chicken, and we’d like to add three dozen wings…the sampler, yeah. Thank you!”

Garron gaped at her as the waitress walked away again. “Three dozen?”

She grinned back at him. “Yeah, I think we can conquer it, don’t you?”

He stared down at the table again. “It’s that kind of thinking that got me where I am now…”

I’m making a mess of things, aren’t I? she thought woefully. But she went in for the save.

“Yeah, an attractive, successful video game designer living at the beach. Sounds like that kind of thinking has gotten you pretty far.”

Before he could refute her, she asked, “So, Garron, what’s your family like? Do you have any brothers or sisters?”

He did; two brothers and one sister, and he was the youngest. Now that he was distracted, he loosened up a bit, and they both laughed quite a bit sharing crazy stories about their siblings. Khloe was pleasantly surprised at how intelligent, funny, and sensitive he was. His hot body didn’t hurt, either, but he really was the whole package. Her whole package, anyway.

“Hey, here comes our food,” she commented as the waitress made her way over.

She set the platter of wings in the middle of the table, their salads in front of them, and the mozzarella sticks off to the side, then placed their drinks down on the little metal coasters. “Enjoy,” she told them.

“Thank you,” they both said.

“Alright, let’s dig in,” Khloe said. She watched Garron closely but discreetly as he ate and they talked more, and was disappointed to see that he was holding back. He was taking little forkfuls of his salad, and after ten minutes had only eaten one wing. Not that she should talk; she’d only eaten three, and hadn’t really planned on eating more than five or six. She’d been hoping that she’d get to watch him eat the rest.

“Are you okay, Garron? You’re not eating…”

His face colored again. “Yeah, I’m okay… I just…”

She saw him swallow hard again.

“What is it?” she asked, concerned.

“Nothing,” he told her, and emphasized his point by picking up a wing and devouring it, followed by six more before he stopped for a sip of his beer. It was all Khloe could do to keep from staring at him wolfing down his food…it was making her so hot.

Conversation flowed easily between them, about work, their experiences in school, gaming, music, and many other topics. He’d gone to the state university for graphics and computer programming, while she’d gone to a small private college to study literature and writing.

“So how did you become a stylist if you went to college for writing?” he asked between bites.

“Well, while I love to write, I am way too hard on myself with it…comparing my stuff to other people’s, questioning my ideas, you know. I get stuck in the perfectionism rut and end up freaking out and erasing the whole piece. While I was in my second semester of college, I saw that the cosmetology school nearby was offering night classes, and it seemed like a good backup plan. I’ve always loved doing hair, anyway. So it’s something to keep me going while I work through my writing craziness.”

“Ah, that sounds familiar…I sometimes end up sleeping at the office because I’m so obsessed with trying to get three pixels into the right places,” he laughed.

She giggled, too. “I thought it looked like there was something on Alysea’s nose in the fourth level of City of Smoke…”

He laughed harder, sending the visible portion of his belly into a wave of jiggles. Khloe felt a warmth rise through her body at the sight, and then intensify when she noticed that he’d cleaned the plate of wings, his salad, and the mozzarella sticks. She saw him reach to the plate for another, then look down in surprise to find it empty. “Darn,” he muttered. “I’m sorry, Khloe…I didn’t mean…I didn’t realize…”

She tried to brush off his embarrassment. “Oh, don’t worry about it; I wouldn’t have eaten more anyway. My eyes were definitely bigger than my stomach. What do you say we get out of here and go for a walk?”

He nodded mutely, and she waved their waitress over for the check. “Hey, you don’t have to pay,” she told him as he took the little leather folder from the girl.

“I want to – you wouldn’t let me tip you, remember?”

“Just being out with you is way better than any tip you could have given me, Garron,” she told him, smiling.

He gave her a slightly baffled look.

“At least let me leave the tip for the waitress?”

He laughed. “Okay, I guess that won’t be too offensive to my ideals of manliness.”

She laughed as she counted out a few bills to slip inside the leather folder along with Garron’s money. They left it on the table and got up to leave, weaving through the now-crowded pub. The dining area they’d been sitting in was separate from the bar, and had been sparsely seated, but the bar room was packed. She grabbed Garron’s hand and let him lead her outside so they wouldn’t lose each other, all the while watching how he cutely tried to suck in his belly to avoid bumping into the tipsy patrons. His efforts didn’t particularly help, as his rotund form bounced into almost everyone he passed.

They finally emerged into the cool, breezy ocean air in the light of an almost-full moon, and began to saunter down the street. Khloe kept a light grip on his hand, and caught his nervous glance down at their interlaced fingers.

I’ve got to get him into a good position to explain my intentions soon, because the poor guy’s still clueless, she thought. She was almost certain that he was attracted to her, but couldn’t believe that she would be to him, even though she’d been dropping hints like crazy all night. She just hoped he’d believe her…

The meandered around town for about a half hour, getting a little deeper in conversation with each step they took. During a comfortable lull, Khloe found that they were standing outside her favorite ice cream shop, which, luckily, was open late on the weekends. “Oh, Garron, let’s get some ice cream! Have you ever been here? It’s all homemade, and they have the most incredible flavors.”

He eyed the sign wistfully. “Yeah, I’ve been here a few times…but I don’t think I should… I just ate…”

“There’s always room for dessert,” she said, and, grinning, pulled him inside. They emerged a few minutes later, she with a single scoop of cinnamon swirl, he with a triple scoop of cake batter, double fudge, and strawberry. She kept sneaking glances at the way he was licking the cold creamy custard, fantasizing about other things he could be doing with that tongue.

She shook herself a bit to come back to reality.

“Do you want to go down to the beach?” he suggested.

“Sure, I love the beach at night…and it’s still early enough in the season that all the drunken college kids won’t be all over the place.”

“Good point,” he said, and they turned onto the boardwalk and made their way down the wooden plank steps.

She stopped him before they stepped into the sand so she could remove her boots. After they both stowed their shoes under the boardwalk, they strode into the cool sand and down towards the waves, crashing black and silver in the moonlight. Wisps of cloud drifted across the surface of the glowing orb, making the light it gave off all the more surreal in the ocean mist.

“It’s a beautiful night,” he commented as they sat a little ways up from the shoreline, taking the last bites of their ice cream cones.

“It is. Thank you, Garron, I’ve really had a great time.” She scooted a little closer to him and gently rested her head on his shoulder, and she felt him tense up almost immediately.

“Y-you’re welcome, Khloe. Thanks for…um…asking.”

“What’s the matter? You’re so tense,” she remarked, moving behind him and beginning to rub his shoulders.

After a moment, he sighed, his eyes searching the stars on the horizon. “I’ve got to be honest, Khloe, I’m awfully confused…”

“About what?” she asked, massaging slow circles into his upper back and neck. She knew perfectly well what he was confused about, but she didn’t want to misspeak. Better to allow him to vent his feelings first.

“I’m sitting here on the beach with the most incredible woman I’ve ever laid eyes on, and she’s here of her own free will. And she seems to have fully functional eyes.”

Khloe blushed a bit, smiling. “I don’t know about the ‘incredible’ part, but you’ve got the rest right. So what’s confusing?”

He turned around and looked at her, his brows flattened in puzzlement. “Why?”

Alright, Khlo, time to stop playing dumb. “Because, Garron. You’re talented, you’re intelligent, funny, sweet, you seem very honest…and I think you’re just about the best looking guy I’ve ever seen.”

He shrank back from her a fraction, and out of her peripheral vision she saw the mass of his belly suck in a few inches. She could feel his defenses going up.

“Ha ha…funny…” He stared down at the sand, his cheeks darkening with a flow of hot blood.

She sat close to him again, folding her legs away from herself and leaning in.

“No,” she told him, lifting her fingers to run them across his warm, pudgy cheek, “I’m not joking.” She tried to keep her eyes on his face and not let them drift down, where his belly was resting in his lap like a slightly deflated beach ball.

He closed his eyes, and she could see the pain and the yearning in his expression.

“No,” he said, shaking his head slightly, “you have to be joking.”

“I’m not. I think you’re really handsome.”

He shook his head harder, not really hearing what she was saying. “No, Khloe… Just…no.”

“Why not?”

“Because I’m huge and disgusting,” he spat, grimacing as he turned away from her touch. “Isn’t that obvious?”

She felt a twinge in her chest, her heart thudding in sympathy with his anguish.

“I don’t see anything disgusting, Garron,” she said gently.

“Then you’re fooling yourself,” he bitterly retorted. “I’m 372 pounds of blubber. I’m repulsive.”

Three hundred and seventy-two pounds! she thought, feeling faint at the number.

“If you were repulsive, do you think I’d be doing this?” Her fingertips guided his round face to hers, and she kissed his soft, sugary-tasting lips, trying to keep her hands away from the temptation of his torso by wrapping them around his neck.

He was stunned for a moment, frozen, before he tentatively placed his hands on her waist and started kissing her back. His lips closed over hers with a tenderness she’d never experienced before. Their smooth, silky texture moving across her mouth left her breathless, and the gentle whispers of his tongue made her blood race through her veins. She could feel his hunger and his fear at war, and wanted more than anything to step between them… Her right hand drifted down, hovering over the wide expanse of his belly, and, after a moment’s hesitation, came to rest on the yielding skin. Even with his shirt pulled taught across his abdomen, her hand sunk in to his fat. She shivered.

Garron flinched as their lips parted, a look of terror in his eyes as he gazed down at his own belly. She’d thought that would happen.

“Garron,” she told him, “I am wildly attracted to you. All of you. Every last inch. I don’t like skinny, muscle-head jocks. I couldn’t even pretend to find them attractive. I like big guys.”

He swallowed hard several times, still staring at her hand on his midsection.

“I…I’m a lot more than…than just…big,” he muttered.

Khloe grinned.

“I know.” She playfully squeezed her fingers into his belly a bit. “And I think you’re the very definition of ‘hot.’”

He stared at her.

“You’re…you’re not making any sense,” he told her. “You’re gorgeous…and smart…and you’re telling me that you really like fat guys? You prefer them?”

“Yeah,” she said, smiling, “but right now, there’s only one I like, and he’s sitting in front of me with my hand on his sexy belly.”

She giggled.

He looked down at her hand again, then back to her face. “I’m pretty sure I’m dreaming, but I’m going to go along with it because I definitely don’t want to wake up when the girl of my dreams is sitting here telling me she thinks I’m sexy.”

“’Atta boy,” she told him, leaning in to kiss him again. “Go with it.”

Continued in post 28

Sancho76

Seriously wonderful story. I care about the characters and every word rang true. Thank you and I'd be honored to learn more about this budding romance.

agouderia

Library Girl
Staff member
Library Mod
Absolutely adorable!
Do you by chance speak German, since you so fittingly chose "Riese" as Garron's last name??

Risible

Monkey Daze
Undine, very nice writing! You should definitely continue this one - look at all the positive comments you've already gotten!

Undine

Jigglypuff!
Absolutely adorable!
Do you by chance speak German, since you so fittingly chose "Riese" as Garron's last name??
As it so happens, I speak not a word of German...
Imagine my surprise when I went on over to the Babelfish translator and found that "riese" means "giant..."
Pretty cool coinky-dink.

Thanks for the nice comments, everyone. I've got more to this story swimming around in my mind, but I think it just needs to simmer a bit longer to come together.

ashblonde

Busy writing
Oh, Undine! This is beautiful.

Sure, I loved the story, but I loved the physical response it gave me even more ;) The naked waterfall fantasy was beyond sexy. I found myself scrolling back up to it a few times. And I was very happy with the length, because I didn't want it to end. Please keep writing, you have the "make another FFA hot" gift.

Undine

Jigglypuff!
Oh, Undine! This is beautiful.

Sure, I loved the story, but I loved the physical response it gave me even more ;) The naked waterfall fantasy was beyond sexy. I found myself scrolling back up to it a few times. And I was very happy with the length, because I didn't want it to end. Please keep writing, you have the "make another FFA hot" gift.
/bows in the presence of BHM-story-writer-greatness

I'm so glad that people are actually reading this whole long thing and liking it. I love dialogue, and I love details, but by the time I'm done saying all I want to say, I go "holy crap, this is long," and fret about the the readability of the stuff I write. So it's good to know it's not too long to slog through!

Thank you so much! :blush:

Hopefully, I'll get some inspiration to continue this story while I'm on vacation this week...and hopefully that inspiration will come in the form of hot, shirtless fat guys. :wubu:

Tad

mostly harmless
Ohmygod, what is with the embarrasement of riches in FFA/BHM stories lately? Believe me, I'm not complaining.....but it seems suddenly there are so many SO good stories.

Believe me, this one was not too long at all. Kind of like a multi-course gourmet meal, it needed the time for all the flavors to build up. Thank you for having the patience to write the whole thing :bow: Ummm, just delicious.

Molly

Damn! This woman can WRITE. Seriously... that was making me veeerrry warm and tingly. What a gift you have. I absolutely LOVED it. I feel like I can relate to this story... and can tell that you've been there. So much desire and inFATuation throughout. YUM yum YUM!!!

Beautiful!

Amandy

Snarktacular
My summer reading list is all here at Dims. Thank you for this excellent story!

HDANGEL15

GREATFUL
Awesome story..don't quit now..you did amazing character development, and got me involved...where's it go from here?????????????? :rolleyes:

FreneticFang

Wow!
I'm in love with your characters!

Edit: Because I just had to write more. I was just stunned with my jaw dropping at the end of this story.
Some of the feelings you write about are right on the spot. *bows down*
Now, where are these suppose chunky gamers you speak of? My entire guild is nothing but bones. What luck, no?

Funk MD

An absolutely fantastic piece - it's definitely one of my favorites in 10+ years of reading these stories. I absolutely love, love, LOVE your character development - it's so rare for the typical FA/FFA fiction, and it really helps to humanize your protagonists. You have a great knack for realistic dialogue, too - none of your exchanges felt forced, and you have given your characters consistently distinct voices throughout.

Having worked on a number of types of writing projects, I appreciate how much time it has taken you to craft (and then edit!) this one - please know that your time was well worth it, and I sincerely look forward to seeing any/all new work of yours.

Group builder