Indian man burns wife to death for being fat

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

Agent 007

Shtick man
WHAT THE F-?

http://www.telegraphindia.com/1100418/jsp/nation/story_12352022.jsp

From the article:

"At the same time, he and his family constantly abused Maheswari, 26, who could not stop putting on weight and had grown to 140kg when she was murdered, the police said.

Kumar apparently saw his wife’s obesity as a matter of deep shame and had forced her to undergo an abortion for fear that she might deliver an overweight baby. She was not allowed to meet neighbours and relatives, or to step out of home in the daytime."

This is the worst case of fat hatred I've ever seen in my life! What the hell is wrong with this man? What drives people to do this kind of shit?

Sick. So incredible sick!

bigmac

I wonder how many American guys would be predisposed to do stuff like this if they thought they could get away with it.

One guy I know tells everyone that if his wife gets fat he'll tie her to the back of his truck and run her till she's thin again. Another acquaintance (not a friend) weighs his wife every week and refuses to have sex with her if she's gained any weight. FYI the wife of the first guy is absolutely beautiful -- way out of the guy's league -- we all wondered why she fell for this guy. The second guy's sorry ass is supported by his successful, pretty and only slightly chubby wife. Yet they both feel perfectly justified in being total dicks about their wives weight.

jewels_mystery

Urban Hippie
I am not surprised. I have an uncle that demeans, beats up and leaves his wife when she gains weight. Sad to say she has been left and begged him back several times over the years......he goes back once she loses the weight.

Heyyou

I thought they loved fatness? Weird and crazy story.

joswitch

Exile from Main Board
WHAT THE F-?

http://www.telegraphindia.com/1100418/jsp/nation/story_12352022.jsp

From the article:

"At the same time, he and his family constantly abused Maheswari, 26, who could not stop putting on weight and had grown to 140kg when she was murdered, the police said.

Kumar apparently saw his wife’s obesity as a matter of deep shame and had forced her to undergo an abortion for fear that she might deliver an overweight baby. She was not allowed to meet neighbours and relatives, or to step out of home in the daytime."

This is the worst case of fat hatred I've ever seen in my life! What the hell is wrong with this man? What drives people to do this kind of shit?

I think what BLOWS MY MIND about this one is the way the article waffles on about teh obesity and such blahdeblah in it's last half... as per ***in' usual...

moving the focus away from the evil murdering ****s who killed an innocent woman in a horrific manner...

That speaks volumes IMO.

IrishBard

womble/leprechaun hybrid!
there is hatred and cruelty in all parts of the world.

this is fairly sick, and nothing compares to it.

I know I guy who went... well, what could only be described as "Girl-hopping", find a girl, have sex with her, claim they are in a relationship, moment the girl puts on weight, dumps her and moves on, probably taking a fair bit of money with him.

Thank fuck that before his finals exam, all the girls who he had hurt got together, got him drunk, handcuffed him too the bed naked and stole the key and put it in the letter box.

I had no part in that operation, by the way... well, maybe a bit:rolleyes:... because he said I should dump my girlfriend... who helped out too... a bit:rolleyes:.

moore2me

Lions don't need to spank
It has been an unholy practice for years in India to burn wives who "burden" their husbands or in-laws. Of course, the practice of murder is illegal in India, but these capers are staged to look like accidents. Usually, the mother-in-law throws a flammable liquid on the wife and burns her in the kitchen. These killings are by no means limited to fat women. They are also used on wives that are barren, ones whose family will not finish paying the bride's money contribution to the marriage, or on women who are just not working out in the marriage. A accidentally dead bride is preferrable to a divorce because the groom doesn't have to give back the bride's marriage money if she dies. Kitchen fires are common causes of death.

There are also brides who hang themselves in an apparent suicide. However, many of these newly wed suicides are also suspected as being murders. It is just hard to prove as a murder.

And one of the harshest reasons to get rid of your wife is that she keeps having girl babies. Many times girl babies are often expected to be aborted. There are many little clinics that will check the sex of your unborn child and set up an abortion if it's a girl. A wife's refusal to get rid of a girl child is another reason to wack the both of
them. :mad: :mad: :(

mossystate

flicks a booger on conrad

You have never heard of ' Bride Burning ' in India?

Many women are set on fire if their families do not bring enough of a dowry to a marriage. This kind of murder/ attempted murder is also used when a woman displeases in whatever kind of manner.

Fat...not cleaning the house properly...not pleasing a man enough sexually...not giving birth to sons...............it's all the same horrific woman- hating violence and control.

Agent 007

Shtick man
You have never heard of ' Bride Burning ' in India?

No. I knew that widow-burning was allowed in India in the past, but that it is outlawed nowadays (although unfortunately the practice still exists). But I hadn’t heard of bride-burning.
Burning people alive is disgusting beyond words, regardless of why it’s done. It’s arguably one of the cruelest ways to kill someone because it takes so long before the victim is dead.

Thanks for the clarification Moore2me and Mossystate. You are right Mossy, this is all about control over women. The husband forced her to have an abortion, forced her to stay in the house all the time, used her to milk out her parents and when he was done simply killed her. He had the crap beaten out of him by his in-laws and that’s the least he deserved!

Tooz

sweet chocolate christ
I wonder how many American guys would be predisposed to do stuff like this if they thought they could get away with it.

One guy I know tells everyone that if his wife gets fat he'll tie her to the back of his truck and run her till she's thin again. Another acquaintance (not a friend) weighs his wife every week and refuses to have sex with her if she's gained any weight. FYI the wife of the first guy is absolutely beautiful -- way out of the guy's league -- we all wondered why she fell for this guy. The second guy's sorry ass is supported by his successful, pretty and only slightly chubby wife. Yet they both feel perfectly justified in being total dicks about their wives weight.

lol so why are they with him? Seems like there is more than one guilty party here.

fatgirlflyin

needs a vacation
lol so why are they with him? Seems like there is more than one guilty party here.

I think that we as American women find it pretty easy to say "Well, why do they stay" because we don't live in their world. We have been incredibly lucky to have grown up in a place where women aren't treated like animals (at least not the majority of women). When you grow up in a place where you are treated like dirt, have no rights, and are at the whim and mercy of your husband, father, and brothers I would imagine it becomes the norm since you don't know any other way.

ETA: nevermind I thought you were responding to a different post, though I'd imagine there's something psychological that keeps those women there too.

Tooz

sweet chocolate christ
I think that we as American women find it pretty easy to say "Well, why do they stay" because we don't live in their world. We have been incredibly lucky to have grown up in a place where women aren't treated like animals (at least not the majority of women). When you grow up in a place where you are treated like dirt, have no rights, and are at the whim and mercy of your husband, father, and brothers I would imagine it becomes the norm since you don't know any other way.

ETA: nevermind I thought you were responding to a different post, though I'd imagine there's something psychological that keeps those women there too.

Yeah, no, def. talking about bigmac's post :p

truebebeblue

Balls,I kicks em.
Hmmm I thought fat women were quite desirable in India. I get approached by Indian Men quite regularly and have been asked by thin Indian women what my secret to getting fat was!

True

Lamia

Like OMG!!
Knowing that this stuff goes on is depressing, but hearing about an individual's story makes it doubly so and much more poignant.

How can society condone this? I just can't wrap my mind around living in one of these places. I am so thankful I don't. This is why when I hear people complain about women pushing for more rights and tolerance I feel like there can never be too much tolerance or rights for anyone.

I think the problem is that people who are loving and tolerant aren't aggressive enough to put an end to this BS.

The leadership in these countries have to have zero tolerance for this behavior. It's the only way this sort of crap will end. Sadly though, I wonder at the strength of their leadership and their desire to protect the welfare of their citizens.

I gripe about my country, but it's incidents like this that make me respect our fore fathers and what they accomplished here.

Mabus

Hmmm I thought fat women were quite desirable in India. I get approached by Indian Men quite regularly and have been asked by thin Indian women what my secret to getting fat was!
True

There's a huge difference (no pun intended) between South India and North India when it comes to standards of beauty; in the South (and in Sri Lanka; I believe) there is indeed a marked preference for larger women that is ingrained into the culture while in the North and in Pakistan thin is the cultural ideal, for instance there has been quite bit of a ruckus over the years about the Northern controlled tabloid media making fun of South Indian film stars because they tend to be so much larger than their Northern counterparts on average.

joswitch

Exile from Main Board
There's a huge difference (no pun intended) between South India and North India when it comes to standards of beauty; in the South (and in Sri Lanka; I believe) there is indeed a marked preference for larger women that is ingrained into the culture while in the North and in Pakistan thin is the cultural ideal, for instance there has been quite bit of a ruckus over the years about the Northern controlled tabloid media making fun of South Indian film stars because they tend to be so much larger than their Northern counterparts on average.

You beat me to it! Yeah, India is a (sub)continent over a billion people strong and contains a mosaic of many cultures, with many differences from each other.

Latest posts