Inked?? Show off your tattoos!

Discussion in 'Daily Living' started by thirtiesgirl, Aug 9, 2010.

1. Aug 9, 2010 #1

thirtiesgirl

thirtiesgirl

thirtiesgirl

frumious bandersnatch

I'm a bit of a tattooed biddy and I have kind of a thing for ink. I'd love to see some pics of people's ink and hear your stories about what your tatts mean to you, if anything, or the story behind the design, who did it, when, why, etc.

This is one of mine. I call her Ursula.

[​IMG]

She's a Zuni Indian bear fetish...although I know she doesn't look much like one. She was drawn by an ex-boyfriend a long time ago and I didn't have a good example for him to use, so I don't really have anyone else to blame but myself, heh. :p People sometimes ask me if it's the California bear (no), or if I'm a republican because they think it's the California bear (no), or if it's a pig (no, it's a bear). So the tatt takes some explaining which can sometimes be a pain in the butt, or not, depending on my mood. I also like the black bear because, in Celtic legend, the hunter goddess often traveled with a black bear who served as her protector.

I like simple graphics, iconic shapes, etc, which is why I picked that particular design. I'm also a fan of '50s pop art and architecture, specifically space race graphics, which is why I got the stars and planets tattooed around her. At some point in the future, I'd like to get some more work done, some more decorative detail around the tatt, but I need to find a good tattoo artist and also find the money to get it done.

So show me your tatts and tell me your stories. I'd love to see and hear them.

2. Aug 9, 2010 #2

Jes

Jes

Jes

is oddly aroused

I think we've had at least 1 thread about this, 30s. You might want to search the archives to see pix of members past and current. 2 members even went on Miami Ink!

3. Aug 9, 2010 #3

thirtiesgirl

thirtiesgirl

thirtiesgirl

frumious bandersnatch

Time for a new thread! :D

4. Aug 10, 2010 #4

Jes

Jes

Jes

is oddly aroused

I have a tattoo of the Sonic in Duarte--let me try to find a shot to post. I know I've got one around here...

isamarie69 likes this.
  5. Aug 10, 2010 #5

CarlaSixx

CarlaSixx

CarlaSixx

Just Another Weirdo

I've got 9 tattoos. 6 of them in "appropriate" places.

Should I post those? lol.

Okay... here goes for what I can find:

Initials "KP":
    http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos..._133967912823_509177823_2190461_2764596_n.jpg

Mirrored band logo of Stars Down so it made the shape of a heart:
    http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos..._133896697823_509177823_2190020_5758876_n.jpg

Violin:
    http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos..._133967957823_509177823_2190464_7083483_n.jpg

My "name":
    http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos..._372899857823_509177823_3515000_7971552_n.jpg

Lyrics to a song that changed my life:
    http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos...8_354853637823_509177823_3073392_473256_n.jpg

My first professional tattoo:
    http://c2.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/41/l_c1796c4c621e855e5c61da951007201d.jpg

As you can see, most of these were freshly done. Once I get them done, I tend to forget I even have them. They still surprise me sometimes and I like it that way :) I even miscalculated how many I had at first because I'm so used to them that it feels like they've always been a part of my skin.

The other 3 are 2 vertical lines on the inside of my thighs that are just a little over an inch long (old FWB thing) and a little black heart on my hip near my butt. All three are not professionally done and possibly look like total crap by now.

I only posted links to the images because there's too many to post an actual picture of, so you'll have to click and see.

---

ETA: Yes, all of my tattoos so far have to do with music. What can I say... :wubu: it's the reason for living.

6. Aug 10, 2010 #6

Cleofatra_74

Cleofatra_74

Cleofatra_74

Bite Me! :p

This is my latest, taken just after I got home from having it done. It's a design that I found somewhere with some changes, The rose was added for my nan & it is bright red because it's actually a cover up. I wanted butterflies & a dragonfly added so my amazing tattooist added them for me. I love it!!! :)

View attachment 23330_440482891814_639036814_6401139_3789813_n.jpg

daddyoh70 likes this.
  7. Aug 10, 2010 #7

Shosh

Shosh

Shosh

Susannah

There are some really cute tattoos for women.

I do not have any body tattoos, however my eyeliner is tattooed.

I think women have to be more careful with tattoos. Men can get away with having more, and it still looks good.

I think a few on women looks good, but when they start having too many it can look awful, take Michelle McGee for instance.

8. Aug 10, 2010 #8

Saoirse

Saoirse

Saoirse

Hello Bear Sister!

My name means Bear in Choctaw, and I know the black bear is my animal spirit, so I got a bear paw print!

[​IMG]

I also have a shamrock on my wrist thats done in knotwork.

9. Aug 10, 2010 #9

BlackBBW2010

BlackBBW2010

BlackBBW2010

Cultivate your curves :)

Got this done last year....

10. Aug 10, 2010 #10

WomanlyHips

WomanlyHips

WomanlyHips

..Seen Lust, Seen Love...

This is my last one, a peony opening up, left shoulder area. My favorite flower, also representing new beginnings for me!

Peony34.jpg

11. Aug 10, 2010 #11

thirtiesgirl

thirtiesgirl

thirtiesgirl

frumious bandersnatch

Very pretty. Did the red cover something black? I've always been curious how tattoo artists do cover ups.

12. Aug 10, 2010 #12

thirtiesgirl

thirtiesgirl

thirtiesgirl

frumious bandersnatch

I like that one. Did it hurt, getting it done in that area? I've been considering getting a datura flower tattooed on my back right shoulder, so I'm curious about the pain level. I have a small tatt on my inner right ankle that was WAY more painful to get than my upper arm tattoo, so I find different areas of the body react differently.

13. Aug 10, 2010 #13

thirtiesgirl

thirtiesgirl

thirtiesgirl

frumious bandersnatch

Very, very cool and iconic. I really like yours.

14. Aug 10, 2010 #14

CarlaSixx

CarlaSixx

CarlaSixx

Just Another Weirdo

I'm one of those people that plan to resemble a circus freak :p Lol.

In reality, I want sleeves done, and I want my back covered in tattoos. And if I ever get married, I want a dress that will show them off. My tattoos are who I am, and if I get married, the person marrying me would be marrying me for who I am, therefore I find no reason to cover them up.

My tattoos haven't gotten in the way of meeting people and getting jobs. The two jobs I had were for the government and I was often in t-shirts and 3/4 sleeved shirts where all my visible tattoos would show. No one said anything bad about it. Most were very complimentary. A lot of people like my biggest tattoo, actually. They like the line. Apparently I've "been a sign from God" to quite a few people. Which is kinda cool. It's funny how a simple tattoo that's supposed to be a reminder for you becomes a reminder for others, too. I think my "Don't Let This Destroy Your Life" tattoo was my best choice so far :)

I don't think anyone wants to hear the story of all my tattoos, so I'll keep it short. Or try to, at least.

The violin is because it's such a versatile instrument that can have you singing with joy or wiping tears away. All my favourite musicians have used violins in their music many times, whether it be shock rock, heavy metal, or pop. So I had to get it.

The "KP" are initials of one of my favourite singers. The night I discovered him was a lifechanging night. I was going to commit suicide that night but I pleaded for one reason to stay, and I turned on the TV and this boy was singing "I Can Only Imagine" and something clicked in me. And I've been a fan of his ever since. So I got his initials from a signature he made for me done on my inner wrist as a reminder why I'm still here.

The Stars Down logo mirrored like a heart signifies to me the long hard road to acheiving dreams. Which is what the band means to the lead singer. The heart just makes it that much more special because "it's all love." :)

The "Sixx" inside my wrist with a heart is all about my alter ego. It's an embracement of my male and female personalities coming together. If you do a Numerology reading on my name "Carla Sixx" and search up the meaning of the name "Carla" and throw it all together, you'd get a really clear picture of what my alter ego is all about. The masculine text with a feminine touch of the heart marries the two sides of me together. I might one day legally change my name to Carla Sixx. I've been planning on it, at least.

The tattoo on my back has to do with my love of music. And my nickname from my best friends when growing up was "Love" because my real name is Amanda, which means "worthy of love." And in high school, I met a music enthusiast who I had many great conversations with. He's also a great musician and he would always say to me "remember to always make your life a song." And so, Love Song is me and my life... My life story said through song. :)

I have a list of 21 tattoos that I want to get in time. These have been planned for many years. Some of them for over 5, and the very new ones have been planned for over one year. I will surely get a lot of "spur of the moment" kind of tattoos along the way as well, but I am dead set on many of the tattoos.

I see them not as decoration, but as a way to show my personality and my life story. I can't draw, I can't paint, and words can only take me so far. So my choice is to show who I am and where I come from by making it a part of my skin.

15. Aug 10, 2010 #15

blubberismanly

blubberismanly

blubberismanly

Basically New

I have ink! I just need a pic :)

16. Aug 10, 2010 #16

thirtiesgirl

thirtiesgirl

thirtiesgirl

frumious bandersnatch

I disagree. I like tattoos on women. It's like wearable art.

17. Aug 11, 2010 #17

Shosh

Shosh

Shosh

Susannah

I did not say I dislike tattoos on women. I think a few can look really cute.

I just think when women get too many it can look awful. Sorry but that is my honest opinion.

It limits what you can wear also. I have seen women wearing beautiful dresses, with too many tattoos, and it just does not look feminine.

18. Aug 11, 2010 #18

Shosh

Shosh

Shosh

Susannah

19. Aug 11, 2010 #19

Paquito

Paquito

Paquito

don't July to me

I actually think she looks beautiful.

20. Aug 11, 2010 #20

Shosh

Shosh

Shosh

Susannah

Well I think she looks nasty. This is the same woman who did a photo shoot with repugnant nazi paraphernalia.