Internet addiction and mental health.

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

Angelette

Chris Farley's fiancee.
Well, I wrote a Debbie Downer thread about my sad life on an anime figure collecting community. Out of all the places.

I was intentionally going to keep it up for a short time. Which I did. There were a few kind comments and I got what I wanted.

Suddenly, someone wrote a blog that was kind of talking behind my back. Thankfully, that blog either got taken down by the owner or a mod removed it.

I've learned my lesson that venting in public is a gamble. Unless if it's at a tight knit community. Which my daily website isn't very tight knit unlike Dimensions. Now I have a tattoo that I regret getting and will always remember it.

I am still sad about the whole incident. It's like the equivalent of a person crying softly on a park bench while a group of people talk behind that person's back on how they don't like seeing people crying in public.

I now logged off from that addiction and deleted my search history. I'm debating whether I should only lurk occasionally or wait for a few months. Or delete my account. Even though I don't want to because I have sentimental memories on there and some of my friends don't have other social alternatives.

I'm going to only talk to folks on here and my close friends on Discord. This month has been very tough for me. With being unemployed and dealing with depression. I do want to use my phone less. Maybe I will order needle felting supplies and coloring books to combat my addiction.

I may have that scar. But at least I won't get another one now I learned from my mistakes.

Angelette

Chris Farley's fiancee.
Just though I'd share an update! I wish I knew this years ago. But I discovered there is a "hide article section" on the homepage of that afromentioned site. So, I no longer have to see toxic blogs.

I feel so much better today. Honestly, I still have a few repressed memories. But I feel so much productive with sorting files on my computer and finally getting rid of old clothes.

I haven't had this peace of mind in a long time now. Unfortunately and realistically speaking, I do have a bad feeling depression will return.

loopytheone

Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
Sorry you had a rough time with people online. It can definitely be a mixed bag, sharing stuff online. I'm glad you managed to find a way ignore blogs like that too. I know I tend to be very selective about what I look at online because there's so much negativity and just generally draining stuff out there. I'm glad you're feeling a bit better too. I hope it stays that way for a while.

Angelette

Chris Farley's fiancee.
Welp, I went back on my blog site and found out I got blocked by someone. Maybe it was for the best because I didn't get along with that person in the past. It still hurts though.

Welp, I went back on my blog site and found out I got blocked by someone. Maybe it was for the best because I didn't get along with that person in the past. It still hurts though.
That sucks. Even if you don’t like the person, getting blocked always kind of stings :(

balthyes

I wish I can IP block Reddit. That place is a cesspool and isn't very sincere.
I find Reddit such a lonely place. Partly it's because I'm in the UK yet most users are in the US, so I miss the active times. It just takes one downvote to inspire others to downvote. Don't read into it too much.

I find Reddit such a lonely place. Partly it's because I'm in the UK yet most users are in the US, so I miss the active times. It just takes one downvote to inspire others to downvote. Don't read into it too much.
Why is it that these online communities always seem to inevitably become quagmires of negativity and often toxicity. Reddit can be rough sometimes, but look at 9Gag and 4Chan. Hell, DeviantArt is probably one of the most supportive communities out there and the negativity abounds even there.

Why is it that these online communities always seem to inevitably become quagmires of negativity and often toxicity. Reddit can be rough sometimes, but look at 9Gag and 4Chan. Hell, DeviantArt is probably one of the most supportive communities out there and the negativity abounds even there.
It doesn’t give me a lot of faith in humanity, but it’s got to be the anonymity combined with bad/loose moderation. You can have one or the other, but you can’t have both.

Angelette

Chris Farley's fiancee.
I regret editing that comment. I feel like I don't belong here and I caused too much trouble. I wish I can tell how I truly feel but then I'm afraid I will regret it and people won't understand.

I don't know if I will departure.

I regret editing that comment. I feel like I don't belong here and I caused too much trouble. I wish I can tell how I truly feel but then I'm afraid I will regret it and people won't understand.

I don't know if I will departure.
I always find telling your truth works. And once you let it go…. Let it go and bask in the wonderment of what you can place in that void. Being a straight dude with what some called a very big butt was hard until i embraced it now i go by what i use to make me cringe. My issue is no where in comparison to the vitriol you gave but take your power back by expressing your truth. I’ll never belittle anyone. I’ll stop commenting before i say something inappropriate