Is there minimum requirement to be considered a BHM?

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

DragonFly

Ahem Prema
Staff member
Global Moderator
DM Supporter
Yeah, I don’t think there’s a set “minimum” - a relatively fit guy with a chubby face and a bit of a belly will usually register as a “BHM” to me more than an objectively heavier guy who carries weight more evenly.
Good point - it’s not easy to give it an exact scientific measurement. My idea of a BHM starts with stocky/sturdy... and that is to my eye.

loopytheone

Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
Yeah, I think if you consider yourself a BHM, you are free to use the label. I guess as an objective minimum, you probably don't count as one unless you are at least overweight by BMI standards (so for a 6 foot guy, that would be 185 lbs).

Everybody has their own 'standard' for what they consider a BHM or not, so I wouldn't worry too much about it.

BigElectricKat

Have a question? PM me!
Staff member
Global Moderator
As some here know, I've been sorta struggling with this very issue ever since I found Dims. To some I'm not big enough, especially for the FFAs in attendance. And of course to others I'm too fat (I am only recently being able to use that word when describing myself or others). It's why I posed the question on whether I should consider gaining, even though that is not something I'm comfortable with at present.
Plus I am loathe to refer to myself as a B-H-M. More like a BOM (big okay man).

squeezablysoft

I know one when I see one. I've seen guys who were barely overweight, bmi wise, who tickled my FFA fancy, as well as guys who were slightly obese, bmi wise, who didn't register with me at all. Agree with @Starling that faces (double chin+adorable chubby cheeks=❤) and bellies are key points of assessment, for me I also look for those cute pudgy hands and an ample seat (I appreciate large posteriors, and I am incapable of dishonesty ;)). I do wonder the same thing about the BBW side, still grappling with whether or not I can/should/"qualify to" identify as a BBW, if there is a thread on this topic I'd be most grateful if someone could point me to it.

Shotha

DM Supporter
I think that anyone who self-identifies as a BHM, should be accepted as one. Whether or not they're big enough to be attractive to me is another question. I think that any gainer, who longs to be a BHM, is at least a BHM on the inside.

SSBHM

Yeah, I think if you consider yourself a BHM, you are free to use the label. I guess as an objective minimum, you probably don't count as one unless you are at least overweight by BMI standards (so for a 6 foot guy, that would be 185 lbs).

Everybody has their own 'standard' for what they consider a BHM or not, so I wouldn't worry too much about it.
185?! You just made me feel like a SSSSBHM!

Latest posts