• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

Japan Thinks the New Godzilla Should Hit The Treadmill

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Iannathedriveress

Random Heroine
I honestly didn't know where to put this article on the forum, but I though it's an interesting article.

http://kotaku.com/japan-thinks-the-new-godzilla-should-hit-the-treadmill-1569153148

Hollywood's latest take on Godzilla is hitting theaters next month, and while we've already heard some of Japan's response to the new and improved giant city-destroying monster, that was before they got a full picture. So what do they think of him now?

What Do Some Japanese Think of the New Godzilla?
Hollywood is making a new Godzilla movie. The last time Hollywood made a Godzilla movie, many in Japan hated how the lead kaiju looked.

From Japan's largest internet forum, 2ch, while some think positively of the new design, the overwhelming response is that the king of monsters has been hitting the twinkies a little hard in his off time.

Did he get fat?

His neck looks like an American football athlete's.

Is this Sin from Final Fantasy X?

Out of shape Godzilla

He's gone Supersize Me.

That's what happens when all you do is eat and lay around.

Did he gain weight?

He got beefed up from the radiation at Fukushima

Metabozilla...

He's pudgy and cute.

He looks better than the previous Hollywood Godzilla

He's got no neck...

He looks like a komodo dragon
While the commenters are piling it on a little harsh about Zilla's figure, Matt Frank, artist for IDW's Godzilla: Rulers of Earth comic and long-time kaiju fanatic, had a counter-argument on the big guy's size. Said Frank, "It's a little ridiculous for anyone in Japan to complain that 'the American Godzilla is fat' - after all, he definitely had a heavy phase in the Heisei Era...."

... True that.

I guess we'll be able to pass final judgment when the new Godzilla movie hits theaters on May 16th.

Latest posts

Back