Joan Rivers gets publicly destroyed for telling fat jokes on TV!

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

bluespacemonkey

noarthereonlyfat
Not sure if this made international news but it was a big thing in Australia and the U.K.

Youtube: Adam Hills publicly destroys Joan Rivers over Adele 'fat' comments on Letterman.

The clip went viral before Channel 4 started pulling it down for copyright infringement: Adam Hills Vs Joan Rivers Goes Viral

Adam Hills was already one of my heroes. An awesome stand up comic and host of the cult followed music-themed comedic quiz show 'Spicks and Specks' on Australian TV.
Well now I'm even more impressed, love your work Adam!

spiritangel

AmandaClause
Not sure if this made international news but it was a big thing in Australia and the U.K.

Youtube: Adam Hills publicly destroys Joan Rivers over Adele 'fat' comments on Letterman.

The clip went viral before Channel 4 started pulling it down for copyright infringement: Adam Hills Vs Joan Rivers Goes Viral

Adam Hills was already one of my heroes. An awesome stand up comic and host of the cult followed music-themed comedic quiz show 'Spicks and Specks' on Australian TV.
Well now I'm even more impressed, love your work Adam!

I have always adored Hillsy my fav parts of this were when he called her an f...ing mole (how aussie) and when he said he wants his daughter to look up to women like Adele as role models

oh and the bit about her having spent more on plastic surgery than they did on the tiger in life of pi

I love that he took the time to do that, Its so rare to see someone stand up to that extent and you could really tell he was pissed off something you really do not see with him often at all (The only other time I have seen him remotely annoyed was when he did a sly stick his finger up at brian mcfadden on spicks one epp and I had to watch it twice to be sure I really had seen it)

I love Hillsy his comedy is joyous and fun its not mocking or derogatory

I am so glad that this was getting shared everywhere. He deserves it. Plus it was bloody funny and she deserved it. God what does she say about Melissa McCarthy or Gabby Sidabe?

DKnight00

Gamer
pretty awesome, great to see there are more aggressive people "fighting back" ... although I don't think people should have to do that of course.

ConnieLynn

has left the building.
Joan Rivers is, and always has been, an equal opportunity offender. Her jokes are typically tasteless and mean spirited. I don't find her funny, just as I never found Don Rickles funny, but she doesn't just go after fat people. She goes after all people. She doesn't discriminate.

Saoirse

Joan Rivers is, and always has been, an equal opportunity offender. Her jokes are typically tasteless and mean spirited. I don't find her funny, just as I never found Don Rickles funny, but she doesn't just go after fat people. She goes after all people. She doesn't discriminate.
Agreed... BUT it was kinda awesome seeing a dude go crazy, standing up for the fatty this time :)

SD007

"you've spent more money on your face than the producers of life of pi spent on that tiger"!!! HAHA! So true!

That's funny cause those animators went bankrupt (which sucks :().

bigmac

Tasteless jokes can sometime be funny but mean spirited jokes are almost never funny. (I'll make a narrow exception for jokes attacking people who were mean first.)

MasterMike

Hilarious and righteous rant, Adam Hill is a magnificent human being for defending Adele's honor against that nasty fossil Joan Rivers!!!:D She's hardly in any position to criticize anyone's looks and I've never found her all that funny. What's it gonna take to get more celebs in the U.S. to stand up against fat discrimination?

diggers1917

Cynical Romantic
I saw this when it was broadcast. By the end I was cheering and clapping at my TV. Not my favourite comic, but I do like Adam Hills and like him that bit more now.

Hamdinger

Good stuff. Fight jokes with jokes as it were. As mad as it makes me to hear anyone make fun of someones size, I find you win more people over with a clever comeback that shows the ridiculousness of their belief than just yelling at them for being awful.

snipermb435

Ya know when I stumbled over this thread I wasn't sure what I was in for, but Joan Rivers( the insensitive cow) is probably one of the few people on this planet that I hate, and this makes me hate her more, the bashing and down right disrespectfulness to Adele who from my point of view is probably one of the best role models for women out there.

Now good ole Adam Hills, he shot that plastic faced B***h down with flames and if he could have given her the stare of death.

Adele is a wonderful woman, brilliant songstress and all around a most beautiful person. I hope one day when I have children and I happen to have a girl, I want her to look at Adele as her role model, curvy, strong, inspiring and not the false face society tries to tell us that thin is in etc.

KittyKitten

Nerdysillysweetspicysaucy
It's so interesting how they can't make homophobic jokes but are ok with making fat jokes. I hate fatphobia. It's not taken seriously. It's like a lot of these Hollywood types preach about being so open-minded and free thinking but would have no qualms about attacking fat people. But then again, Joan Rivers has put her foot up her mouth so many times. Fake, plastic surgery loving witch. And you know what? I'm glad more people are starting to call out others for fatphobia. Good!

PlumBlossom

I have never heard of Adam Hills, just watched the video. Wow, he's awesome. I don't think I've ever seen a guy (or a person, period) defend someone's weight in public before. Wish there were more people like him defending bigger people.

It's so interesting how they can't make homophobic jokes but are ok with making fat jokes. I hate fatphobia. It's not taken seriously. It's like a lot of these Hollywood types preach about being so open-minded and free thinking but would have no qualms about attacking fat people.
I see that all the time, almost daily wherever I go. That's why I don't have friends and lost all faith in humanity, period. Pretty much everyone I have ever met or have come across seem nice and friendly, oh they love animals? They donate to charity? They love animals, they want peace and love for the world, they are compassionate and loving and friendly for every single living thing on the planet....oh wait....except fat people, they can burn in hell. That's pretty much how people are. Even on spiritual forums I have frequented, where people are "oh so enlightened" and preach peace and love and compassion for all living things......but oh wait...fat people can stay at Mcdonald's and die from a heart attack for all they care (their words). Even on spiritual forums where you would think people would be more "enlightened" or more "compassionate" I've seen threads where the SAME PEOPLE who preach about compassion and love, all end up being cruel and fat-hating FOR THE FUN OF IT, making horrible hateful jokes about fat people JUST TO BE HORRIBLE PEOPLE. I can't describe how many times I have been so disappointed in people that I have looked up to because they seem like a good person at first, they donate to charity or love animals or they are accepting of gay rights or open minded about spirituality or open minded period and I end up respecting people and looking up to them only to find out that they are fat-haters. I swear, I have literally have lost count of how many COUNTLESS times I've seen that happen. I've said it to myself again and again, why do people act all compassionate and open minded and accepting about gay rights and animal welfare and preaching compassion for all living things and preaching acceptance and understanding and then they turn around and fat hate like it's the end of the world! People always act like they don't want to offend anyone, not offend gay people, not offend different races, not offend disabled people, not offend different beliefs, not offend anyone and yet they don't blink an eyelash before they're spewing diarreah full of fat hate. As if it was 100% acceptance to insult fat people and yet insulting anyone else is not acceptable? This is why I lost all faith and hope in humanity.

Lamia

Like OMG!!
whoa his rant was dead on. I am tired of Joan's insecure hate towards fat people. She used to make horrible comments about Elizabeth Taylor. The only thing she ever felt secure about was being thin...so that's why she's focused on hating fat.

CastingPearls

Go Big Or Go Home
In Remembrance
whoa his rant was dead on. I am tired of Joan's insecure hate towards fat people. She used to make horrible comments about Elizabeth Taylor. The only thing she ever felt secure about was being thin...so that's why she's focused on hating fat.
She even took credit when Liz lost weight after her Betty Ford stint. She claimed it was her shaming Liz that motivated her to lose. That's insane.

Joan Rivers is pathologically insecure and her own history of plastic and cosmetic surgery is proof of that. I don't agree that she's an equal opportunity offender. She seems to take particular glee in her hate toward fat people. Unfortunately, like her, it's old and unoriginal.

Latest posts

Group builder