Jones Soda

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

jcas50

Liberal Scum
Jones Soda is as good as they say and then some. They have very imaginative flavors and they do standards like Creme soda, root beer and orange creme very well. If you have not had Jones find an outlet and try every flavor they have, A delight.

bbwlibrarian

possibly revolutionary
Oh yes, Jones is worth tracking down and trying. I love the M.F. (Mighty Fine) Grape, Fufu Berry, and Green Apple varities. And, they make the BEST Cream soda EVAR.

MsGreenLantern

Keanu Drakula The Centaur
Yummy, but expensive...oh..and don't buy the joke packs they sell around the holidays like "turkey and gravy" flavor, or "Pepto" flavor :blink:

Jasminium

sippin' beer thru straws
I'm not too big on soda in general, but I absolutely love their bubble gum soda. It's delicious!

daddyoh70

DYELB?
Gotta agree with everyone else here. Great soda. I like the Green Apple and Orange & Cream.

CAMellie

Gabriel Spencer
I love love LOVE their Lemon Drop soda! Tastes just like the lemon drop candies which were my favorite as a kid.

RevolOggerp

Their sodas are pretty good... but they do get a bit carried away when it comes to making too many flavors.

There were a few holiday sets that I've been curious to try, but didn't want to buy the whole thing (expensive) and find out that I don't like it. I was hoping to find a group of friends to "share" a quick holiday soda dinner with me by having a small cup shared by all the bottles. :)

The last time I tried one of their sodas was the candy corn soda from their Halloween series. Too sweet! Blah!

bbwlibrarian

possibly revolutionary
Their sodas are pretty good... but they do get a bit carried away when it comes to making too many flavors.

There were a few holiday sets that I've been curious to try, but didn't want to buy the whole thing (expensive) and find out that I don't like it. I was hoping to find a group of friends to "share" a quick holiday soda dinner with me by having a small cup shared by all the bottles. :)

The last time I tried one of their sodas was the candy corn soda from their Halloween series. Too sweet! Blah!
They've made some good holiday varieties, actually. I agree not to go with the holiday dinner packs, but the Candy Cane variety from Christmas was pretty good, as was the Berry Lemonade and Strawberry Slime from Halloween.

To those that are saying Jones is too expensive: That's why it's a treat. I'm not a regular soda drinker, and when I want soda of some sort, I usually go for something cool and different, thus the Jones. Sure, there are times that I'm really craving a Coca-Cola or the like, but Jones is meant to be savored, not gulped.

Sugar Magnolia

so sweet.
Maybe their regular soda is good, but I've tried the sugar-free Black Cherry soda and it's JUST ok. It's too sweet.

katorade

Jones can be a little too carbonated for me. Depending on the flavor they can be quite good or just so-so. The lemon flavors (lemon drop, berry lemonade, etc.) are outstanding because the tartness pairs well with the dry level of sweetness. The more artificial flavors just seem overly artificial.

I only drink soda as a treat, so I rarely drink the normal stuff like Coke or Pepsi. If I taste them now, they're just kind of bleh. My favorites are root beer and cream soda. Virgil's makes both wonderfully. The carbonation doesn't overpower the flavor and both are nice and "real" tasting. They outdo Jones on so many levels. Virgil's and Boylan's are probably my top two contenders, along with Reed's pineapple ginger ale.

I recently picked up Natural Brew's Vanilla Creme Soda at Meijer and I'm pleasantly surprised. The name and label are a nursing home kind of boring but it mentioned using Madagascan Bourbon vanilla beans. Intriguing. I checked out the ingredients and it's nothing but sparkling water, cane sugar, vanilla, and phosphoric acid.
It's a vanilla kick in the pants. First impressions, it smells like cake or vanilla pudding or very heady vanilla orchids. Yes please! Taste: VERY vanilla. Not quite the mysterious "cream" soda flavor, more like a vanilla italian soda (which, for all intents and purposes, it is). It tastes like I should expect to find a vanilla bean floating around in it, it's that rich. I'll definitely be looking for them again.

SoVerySoft

No fat no flavor
In Remembrance
...There were a few holiday sets that I've been curious to try, but didn't want to buy the whole thing (expensive) and find out that I don't like it. I was hoping to find a group of friends to "share" a quick holiday soda dinner with me by having a small cup shared by all the bottles. :)...
If you check out this thread you'll see a discussion of the holiday flavors, and a taste test (scroll to the end). It was fun!

Miss Vickie

Another Jones Soda fan. The vanilla cola is divine, as is the root beer, cream, and orange. It's mighty tasty, though pretty expensive. I love the pictures, though. They're a lot of fun. So for me it's not a "drink everyday" soda, but rather the kind you get for an occasional treat.

Latest posts