Jordin Sparks comfortable with her curves

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

tinkerbell

The article about her in People this week was great - she looked so pretty in her pictures!

kioewen

Now, how much do you want to bet that if her career takes off, she will be on magazine covers announcing "Jordin Sparks: How she lost those [x number of] pounds" in a very short period of time...

Jon Blaze

FALCON
DM Supporter
Now, how much do you want to bet that if her career takes off, she will be on magazine covers announcing "Jordin Sparks: How she lost those [x number of] pounds" in a very short period of time...
It doesn't always happen like that. Don't count your chickens y'all!! :D :p :p

Letiahna

..in search of sunrise..
It doesn't always happen like that. Don't count your chickens y'all!! :D :p :p
Not always, but more often than not, sadly. I am sure Kelly Clarkson has had pressure put on her for losing weight. She was perfect and she has the most AWESOME voice of all the idols, IMHO.

Chubbyadmirer86

Yeah just look at Jennifer Hudson. As curvy as she was in Dreamgirls, I just saw a headline in the tabloids saying she lost 30lbs. We have to pray that Jordan Sparks has the courage to resist this trend.

tinkerbell

Yeah just look at Jennifer Hudson. As curvy as she was in Dreamgirls, I just saw a headline in the tabloids saying she lost 30lbs. We have to pray that Jordan Sparks has the courage to resist this trend.
:rolleyes:
Jennifer Hudson had gained those 30 lbs to play that part in Dreamgirls. So yeah, I can understand why she wanted to loose those 30 lbs. She had done an interview that I read, that she was at her ideal/happiest weight/size before she did the movie, but had to gain weight to play this role.

Jon Blaze

FALCON
DM Supporter
:rolleyes:
Jennifer Hudson had gained those 30 lbs to play that part in Dreamgirls. So yeah, I can understand why she wanted to loose those 30 lbs. She had done an interview that I read, that she was at her ideal/happiest weight/size before she did the movie, but had to gain weight to play this role.

HEY!! I forgot about that! America Ferrera did the same thing for her timeless classic. Hmmm.... So why the hell is everyone suddenly thinking it's wrong for these women to lose weight when the reality is they gained as part of their roles?

Chubbyadmirer86

I didn't know that Jennifer Hudson had gained those 30 lbs. I thought she'd always been at that weight. That changes things alot.

elle camino

shitclock's tickin.
oh yay, another not-fat girl on a magazine cover talking about how she's comfortable with being not-fat. how brave.
i mean she's a lovely girl and i wish her the best and all that, but...y'know. yawn.

PrettyLife

Yeah... just ridiculous. She doesn't look like a skeleton so my god... what a fat ass!

Jon Blaze

FALCON
DM Supporter
oh yay, another not-fat girl on a magazine cover talking about how she's comfortable with being not-fat. how brave.
i mean she's a lovely girl and i wish her the best and all that, but...y'know. yawn.
Well you can't hate her for trying. Jordin is not fat, but she has curves. She should have every right to speak about this because not everyone that believes in Fat/Size Acceptance is fat. The same logic would mean that me being a thin Size/Fat Activist would be pointless, because I don't know how it is. I don't know about you, but sometimes my weight makes my activism even stronger. It shouldn't be stronger, but some people are so stupid they would rather listen to a skinny fuck like me talk about Acceptance and Equality than a larger person.

elle camino

shitclock's tickin.
dude. list of things i did NOT say in that post:
1. that i hate this girl.
2. that she has no right to talk about her size.

i'm ALL for ANYone talking about size acceptance. skinny, fat, neither, it's all good and it all helps. but pardon me if i'm not exactly moved to tears by a woman with a socially acceptable body being socially accepted.

Jon Blaze

FALCON
DM Supporter
dude. list of things i did NOT say in that post:
1. that i hate this girl.
2. that she has no right to talk about her size.

i'm ALL for ANYone talking about size acceptance. skinny, fat, neither, it's all good and it all helps. but pardon me if i'm not exactly moved to tears by a woman with a socially acceptable body being socially accepted.
1. I didn't exactly mean hate. Let's try "Knock." That's what I meant by that. You can't knock her for trying? :p

Well her body isn't the most socially accepted, but it is more than yours for example. I recognize that she isn't fat, but MemeRoth isn't praising her. :p Well.. Roth is psychotic, but I know some people actually do see Jordin as being "Fat."

ChubbyBlackSista

Master Member
Jordin Sparks
I'm glad she's comfortable in her curves she's very pretty just needs some Vocal Traiining

JoyJoy

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20040649,00.html

These days, "I'm really comfortable in my own skin," Jordin says with her signature wide smile. "I learned that I'm not ever going to be a size 2. I would look so weird as a size 2. Somebody would blow and I would fall right over. It just wouldn't be healthy."
To some, Jordin is fat. To others, mostly people around here, she's far from it. I hadn't even thought of her as being fat until all of this hubbub started after she won. I think the point should be that no matter what size she is, there's absolutely nothing wrong with her....and she seems to know that, or be well on her way to knowing it. I personally think she is incredibly beautiful, both visually and vocally. I just hope some shallow producer doesn't decide to force her to see otherwise.

I know that when I was 130-135 lbs at 18 and thought I was fat (yeah! I really, really did!) because other people told me I was (a guy I dated back then loved to call me "Thunder Thighs"), if someone like Jordin had come out as a role model, it would have helped me A LOT. So, no...to us, she doesn't look fat, but I'd be willing to bet that her confidence is helping someone out there who needs the boost. Just because her example might not fit into our own personal world doesn't mean she's not turning heads in the right direction...toward accepting people, regardless of size...even if that movement is minute, it is a change.

-X-

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20040649,00.html

To some, Jordin is fat. To others, mostly people around here, she's far from it. I hadn't even thought of her as being fat until all of this hubbub started after she won. I think the point should be that no matter what size she is, there's absolutely nothing wrong with her....and she seems to know that, or be well on her way to knowing it. I personally think she is incredibly beautiful, both visually and vocally. I just hope some shallow producer doesn't decide to force her to see otherwise.

I know that when I was 130-135 lbs at 18 and thought I was fat (yeah! I really, really did!) because other people told me I was (a guy I dated back then loved to call me "Thunder Thighs"), if someone like Jordin had come out as a role model, it would have helped me A LOT. So, no...to us, she doesn't look fat, but I'd be willing to bet that her confidence is helping someone out there who needs the boost. Just because her example might not fit into our own personal world doesn't mean she's not turning heads in the right direction...toward accepting people, regardless of size...even if that movement is minute, it is a change.
Took the words right out of my mouth. May not be moving to many people on here since we have this haven to continually come to, and accept ourselves for who we are, however to those who do not have a place such as this to go to, Jordin Sparks, Jennifer Hudson, Beth Ditto, Queen Latifah, etc. are that haven, or role models to them.