Just Fatties Who Make Me Happy

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

FFAscinated

I love the Nero Wolfe books. Haven't read them in years. Must make a trip to the library. Had never seen nor heard an adaption, but I love Sidney Greenstreet!
So, thank you RV, for the link.

William Conrad also played Matt Dillon (!) on radio. My husband had fond memories of listening with his grandfather, so I gave him a set of cassette tapes. (Yeah, I'm prehistoric)

RVGleason

I love the Nero Wolfe books. Haven't read them in years. Must make a trip to the library. Had never seen nor heard an adaption, but I love Sidney Greenstreet!

William Conrad also played Matt Dillon (!) on radio. My husband had found memories of listening with his grandfather, so I have him a set of cassette tapes. (Yeah, I'm prehistoric)

I like listening to the William Conrad ‘Gunsmoke’ radio shows online, he was a great Matt Dillon. He was hoping to play the character in the television series but was considered too overweight and short so the role went to James Arness.

3805A6B8-C845-4B5C-9B71-A94CAE6A5114.jpeg

LuxeLady

William Conrad also played Matt Dillon (!) on radio. My husband had fond memories of listening with his grandfather, so I gave him a set of cassette tapes. (Yeah, I'm prehistoric)
Yeah Conrad was the original Matt Dillon. Both he & Raymond Burr were up for the TV version, and didn’t get it for the same reason.

RVGleason

Link to a Sidney Greenstreet ‘Nero Wolfe’ radio episode.

Link:
Listen to The New Adventures of Nero Wolfe - Killer Cards - Jan. 12, 1951 - Detective Mystery on TuneIn

http://tun.in/tlYmWh

mattyhlovesyou

Man, I wanted to BE Dan Conner (John Goodman) when I grew up! Ended up not too bad.

Oh, and I looked an awful lot like John Candy in college.

Latest posts