Karl Lagerfeld, fat-hating fashion icon, dead at 85

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

Killexia

Thank you, whatever you thought, because you've given me an idea. There are plenty of blogs about how to dress and groom well as a fat guy. They are all obsessed with making us look slimmer. I'm planning on doing a blog on how to dress to emphasize the fact that we're fat. I'm not keeping this secret, because a little competition would make us serve our audience better and because it would be nice for women to have a blog like that.
You can't ever make fat a secret. LOL Unless you're only like 20# overweight and wear spanx. I'd be interested in that blog.

Shotha

You can't ever make fat a secret. LOL Unless you're only like 20# overweight and wear spanx. I'd be interested in that blog.
Totally agree. Put a fat person in tight clothes and they don't look slim; they look like a fat person in tight clothes. I tire of hearing shop assistants in big-and-tall shops telling me, "And we have that in your size sir and in three nice slimming colours." I'm planning a blog for men who are proud of being fat and want to show it off, because they're proud of it.

Killexia

Totally agree. Put a fat person in tight clothes and they don't look slim; they look like a fat person in tight clothes. I tire of hearing shop assistants in big-and-tall shops telling me, "And we have that in your size sir and in three nice slimming colours." I'm planning a blog for men who are proud of being fat and want to show it off, because they're proud of it.
I like that to call that trucker style. I see men and women in the #trucking industry wearing ill fitting clothes all the time.

Shotha

I like that to call that trucker style. I see men and women in the #trucking industry wearing ill fitting clothes all the time.
I find it very disconcerting that menswear stores are always try to sell me clothes that will make me look slim. I don't have anything against slim people. It's just not what I am. I'm fat and I want to buy clothes that make me look good as a fat man.

Killexia

I find it very disconcerting that menswear stores are always try to sell me clothes that will make me look slim. I don't have anything against slim people. It's just not what I am. I'm fat and I want to buy clothes that make me look good as a fat man.
Whenever I shop for clothes the word is "flattering" and I hate it when people wear tight clothing no matter their size. It never looks decent and it serves to make you look like a slob.

Latest posts

Group builder