Kitty question.

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

Emma

I've got 2 cats (both under a year old) and I've just found one of the cats teeth on the floor (no idea which cat) is this normal?

SoVerySoft

No fat no flavor
My cat-loving roomie says yes, it's normal. Those are baby teeth. Usually they swallow them, but don't worry if he or she didn't.

Tiger's_Lily

*Very Proud Aussie!!*
Yes, that's normal Em. I did at one stage have a collection of Tiger's baby teeths and toenails untill I realised that was simply gross!!...so they got flushed....;)

Fuzzy

Just a dirty old man
Tiger's_Lily said:
Yes, that's normal Em. I did at one stage have a collection of Tiger's baby teeths and toenails untill I realised that was simply gross!!...so they got flushed....;)

I wonder what the tooth fairy does with all the teeth she's collected.... ;)

Emma

Tiger's_Lily said:

Oh I'm keeping it coz it's cute :D

thanks SVS.

Jes

is oddly aroused
Most likely it was a baby tooth. If it's possible, pry open kitty's mouth and take a look in a few days. If the loss was the result of trauma, you might be able to detect that. If all looks fine, don't worry.
I take my baby to the vet each year, so you might ask the vet to look, as well--but I know a lot of people don't take their cat's in to the vet for annuals.

MsGreenLantern

Keanu Drakula The Centaur
I think its cute when my kitties shed their old whiskers. For some reason it's so amusing to see those long things poking up out of the carpet. tHough they're rather stabby if you step on them!

Latest posts