Quantcast

Lane Bryant is officially now "Lame Giant"

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

wrathofpengy

I've come to love Lane Bryant, but every once in a while they come out with something that just makes me sad. This shirt-thing is one of them.

Another website I've been really happy with is Torrid.com

mybluice

I have certain things I like to buy from Lane Bryant only.....like my dress pants they have 1 brand that fits me just right. I also buy all my panties and bras there. I hit the $6.99 rack last night too....couldn't believe some of the cool tops and a couple of bottoms I picked up. The jacket and sweater in my pic was a Christmas present to myself from their store. I don't buy anything online or from a catalog...I always have to try it on first.
My favorite store for jeans and tops is Fashion Bug and then Wal-Mart...I have been amazed at how much cuter stuff they have been carrying which is good because it fits in my budget.
As for that shirt...it is fugly in my opinion.....lol

HotBBWnKC

I Just Wanna Live!
OMFG, that shirt is horrible. Lane Bryant has some good ideas about clothes for the most part. The foundation of my wardrobe is from LB. However, finding sexy club wear or hot trends (let's admit girls we like to follow to some extent) just isn't there. I agree that their selection and style has dramatically changed since The Limited sold LB.

LillyBBBW

Wig Snatcher
pinuptami said:
*hands you some rocks*

It's open season. Lets go a-fatty huntin'

:p
If you only had one rock, and there were two fat girls: one had on the LB shirt and the other had on a Winnie the Poo hooded sweatshirt with a matching canvas tote, who would you hit?

Anguisette

I like Ula Popkin, Silhouettes, and get a lot of off-season stuff at Peter Harris. If I want to buy funky there are two people who make their own BBW line and sell them on ebay. Mizrak and Alluraplus are awesome.

Sandie S-R

EEwwww.

Very ugly shirt!! I think it is mostly the fabric that I dislike...but not anything I would ever wear.

ThatFatGirl

Why am I still here?
Anguisette said:
I like Ula Popkin, Silhouettes, and get a lot of off-season stuff at Peter Harris. If I want to buy funky there are two people who make their own BBW line and sell them on ebay. Mizrak and Alluraplus are awesome.
I was really excited about Ulla Popken at first, but then I ran things through the wash and my favorite long sleeve T with the cool Asian writing down the side shrank up to a belly shirt (practically) and a sweater lost its shape and a couple of inches in length. I've purchased and returned several things that looked good in the catalog, but in-person were obviously poorly constructed.

I'm going to sell an unworn Ulla swimming suit on Ebay soon. It's a black tank with a v-neck with reptile print trim around the neck size 32 (I think). It seems to be made for someone with a short torso and smaller breasts than me. I also bought a cool reptile print wrap to wear with it, but it does fit and works with another black suit I have so I'm hanging onto it.

I'll post a link on this board when I finally get around to listing it.

pinuptami

Model turned slacker
LillyBBBW said:
If you only had one rock, and there were two fat girls: one had on the LB shirt and the other had on a Winnie the Poo hooded sweatshirt with a matching canvas tote, who would you hit?

Winnie the Pooh, hands down. But then I would go and find more rocks.

EvilPrincess

LillyBBBW said:
ummmm - hoodie shot to the head, bounces off and clips the one in the LB shirt! One rock does it all! With my luck I miss, the one with the tote clobbers me with it, and the LB Shirt nightmare pulls my hair. lol

Buffie

KittyBuffieKat
HAA HAAA!! You're hilarious, Lilly! What a dilemma... who would I hit? Hrm...

Miss Vickie

Gah, that thing is ugly. And I'm definitely into hippie clothes and usually love nice peasant shirts. But that thing? Yikes - it makes me nauseous just looking at it! It amazes me that somebody looked at that fabric and said, "Yes, let's make a shirt out of this!"

You know, I wonder if it's not just LB but clothing stores across the board. I can't seem to find a thing I like at JJill, and I used to always salivate at their clothes, frustrated at the many things they had that I couldn't wear. Now it's more unusual for me to find something I DO like, which is probably a good thing considering how much financial damage I could do! But my daughters have been complaining about American Eagle, Delia's and the Gap, too. They just aren't finding anything cute there either (and they're average sized, cute and curvy teenage girls who can wear ANYTHING).

I don't know. Are we maybe just going through the fashion doldrums right now?

And it is clothes like this that have made me stay away from Lane Bryant for the past 6 years, not to mention that the sales people at our Lane Bryant are loud, pushy, and always trying to sell one of their ugly nasty frumpy garments to any "fattie" who walks into the store.

My last dealing with Lame Giant was a utterly, totally and completely unpleasant nightmare as the frumpy, loud, obnoxious sales girl informed me that big people do not wear heavy metal style (or even fashionable) clothing because "we big girls have our own style and we like these striped shirts and polyester pants" ( her words, not mine!)

And believe it or not, in our Lane Bryant that shirt would be one of the more sylish items. What we get in ours is outdated stuff like cotton undergarments like my grandma wears, nighties with cutesy little designs on them that look more like they were designed for a 5 year old than an adult woman, bras in old ladyish colors. elastic waist pants, leggings, taper leg jeans, baggy clothing in colors no one I know would be caught dead in and flowers, flowers, flowers and more flowers! Seriously they haven't gotten out of 1985 when big women were forced to dress that way and had no other choices

Basically, forget about sexy lingerie, you're lucky to find a night shirt that doesn't have some cutesy-wutesy little picture on it.

Lane Bryant is and always has been in my experience is a lame, overpriced hellhole full of muu-muu's and granny panties and if you're too big to shop there or you don't have one near you, count your blessings.

I'll stick to Old Navy, Hot Topic, Torrid and various little headbanger shops in my area thanks. At least they won't try and sell me a $50 muu-muu or charge me $7 for one stinking pair of ugly cotton panties that I could buy a whole bag of for $6 at K-Mart, if indeed I wanted such a thing.:rolleyes:

Lame Giant can kiss my big, tattooed pierced ass if they think I will ever ever ever shop in one of their lavoratories known as stores again.

$50 for that? I wouldn't pay $.50. I can be tortured and harassed all on my own without wearing THAT thanks:eek:

SocialbFly

I am keeping Tina!
someone mentioned boot cut leggings, i just bought a great pair from Junonia...they had them on sale, and i have to tell you, they fit devinely and their stuff is pricey but always sooooooo well made i can't complain, as their stuff outlasts anything i buy anywhere else...plus the 6x is a guaranteed fit, my only complaint is when i am ready to buy, a lot of times they don't have my size in stock...waa

but these pants at 39 (or close to it, might have been 37) were and are awesome...

collegeguy2514

Duke of Deli Meats
i was there today, for the first time. i met my girlfriend there. she seems to like the place, she buys most of her clothes there. nothing like that top on the first page though *shudders*

one thing i found ironic was how small the store was. i mean, its a store for big girls, why is it so small?

FitChick

Anguisette said:
I actually almost like it except it's too busy and it looks too short. Everything they make is too short. And cut poorly for larger sizes.

You can't take a shirt in a size 6, blow it up in the same dimensions til it's a size 26, and expect it to fit. Plus size women, particularly we SS gals, need broader back and shoulder measurements, longer hemlines, larger arms, etc.

Lane Bryant is clueless. I wrote an article once about how many women buy via catalogue and never return... they make a lot of money on those women.

Anything you buy from LB by mail you can return to their local stores. I know because I did it two days ago (I ordered 36DD bras online and they sent the wrong style.)

I dunno, I think I'm looking at things totally differently from many of you. When I dropped below size 14 I was depressed because I now could NOT shop at plus size stores anymore, except for maybe accessories.

I LIKE the "loud, pushy" salesstaff...they're chatty and certainly more human than those skinny bitches at Victoria Secret where I had to go for a while just to find decent 36DD bras (though in fairness my local VS lately seems to be hiring some plus size salesstaff!) I don't like snooty people and it seemed that LB staff were NOT snooty, so I like them. What some regard as "loud" I regard as "down to earth".

I also am not into loud colors...I have always preferred black clothing, and no it had nothing to do with having been fat. If I have a choice I ALWAYS pick the black item, whether its a bra, top, skirt, etc.

I had a funny thing happen on my way out of LB...I'd gone into VS minutes before to get some panties, and so had their little pink bag thing with me when I went into LB.

I exchanged my bras in LB for the right style, they put them into an LB bag, and I stuffed the VS bag into the LB bag to consolidate how much I had to hold.

An older woman smiled and said, "That's the FIRST time I ever saw any woman put the VS bag into the LB bag!" I asked her what she meant, and she said, "Well, most women I know would rather be seen with teh VS bag than the LB bag." Well lady, I AIN'T "most women"! :)

liz (di-va)

I am wearing my one pair of underwear today that really fits me--a LB pair from about 10 years ago, a sad reminder of when that place usedta work for me, when their 26/28 could realllllllly stretch. All I ever get from them are bras now.

That shirt's gnarly.

olwen

Disco Bear
I think they've gotten a little better over the years as far as styles are concerned. I don't buy blouses from them tho, since the arms never fit...actually I only own one blouse that I didn't get from them. But this summer I bought two dressy tank tops that look really good on me. The only problem with them is the stitching. The stiches become frayed after a few wears. So they get a C- on that.

sweet&fat

My aim is true.
I went there last week for the first time in ages and was amazed at how boxy and unshapely everything was. The cover up that fat with billowy sheets of fabric attitude instead of defining and flaunting curves.

A friend of mine bought a book I think was published in conjunction with them with tips about how to dress as a "larger woman," and they had before and after pics. The general message? Wear long sleeves, loose-fitting tops, etc. Essentially saying that no one wants to see your fat, so the more you cover it up, the prettier you'll be! Bastards.

Latest posts