Last night's dinner for hubby's family.

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

EllorionsDarlingAngel

Loving my lil Princess!
Chimpi loves just about anything I make. He loves Chocolate more then I do! LOL Crazy I know. Have a great week!:)

Friday

Not fap material. Bye!
Try this one Ris. It's from Ann Hodgman's Beat This! cookbook. I never use cake flour and sometimes leave out the orange rind if I don't have an orange. I also find that I have to bake it for what seems a very long time to get it cooked all the way through the middle but it never burns. When she says very ripe, she means almost boozy they're so ripe. They beat in completely a lot easier that way. The stuff may freeze well, but I don't know. It never lasts that long.

Ingredients

2 cups sugar
1 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
6 medium very ripe bananas
4 large eggs, well beaten
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
2 teaspoons grated orange rind
2 1/2 cups cake flour, sifted
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon salt

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Butter two 9x5" loaf pans.
Cream the sugar and the butter until light and whipped (until creamy).
Add the bananas, eggs, lemon juice, orange rind.
Beat until blended uniformly.
Be patient, and beat until the banana lumps are gone.
Sift the dry ingredients together.
Fold lightly and thoroughly into the banana mixture.
Pour the batter into prepared loaf pans.
Bake for 45 to 55 minutes, until the loaves are firm in the middle and the edges begin to pull away from the pans.
Cool the loaves on racks for 30 minutes before removing from the pans.
Freezes well.

Both of her cookbooks that I have (Beat This! and Beat That!) are just loaded with incredible recipes. The have them both at Powell's although the second one they only have new. If you order $50 worth of books, shipping is free. I loooooooove Powell's. The place is incredible.

TheSadeianLinguist

Coin-Operated
I'm hoping to see Michael and drag him up with me this summer. :p And not a lick of French. But I am GREAT at nodding my head and pretending to get it.

Tina

Older and wiser now
Heh. Yeah, me, too. Although, I have to say, my understanding of French is getting better. Actually speaking it? Not so good. Hope to see you both this summer, Case. :D

Friday, that recipe looks delicious!

Friday

Not fap material. Bye!
It's divine. Took me twenty+ years to find a recipe I really liked. I put walnuts in too, but I only make it at Christmas time because I could eat a whole loaf with butter without even stopping for a glass of milk.

Risible

Monkey Daze
Thanks, Friday, for thinking of me! I'll give this recipe a try. I have several quick bread recipes that I keep going back to - don't have an orange one, though. The Mister sure does love 'em. I did make the banana bread yesterday (I'll be back with the recipe, Erin!), and the large loaf is just about gone. I haven't even tried it yet. :eek:

Latest posts