Latest Food Discoveries - Share them here!

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

SoVerySoft

No fat no flavor
In Remembrance
Have you discovered anything lately that's to die for? Or should I say - something that gives you a reason to live! Share it here :)

I recently discovered 2 great new treats.

One is Trader Joe's Pita Bite Crackers with Sea Salt. OMG. I couldn't believe how delicious they were! They are very simple but have a great flavor and a wonderful crunch. I went back yesterday to stock up but they were out of stock! They did say they'd have them in sometime in the next few weeks. I will be calling every few days to check on them since after just one box I am addicted.

The other is Kashi TLC Fruit and Grain Bars - Pumpkin Pie. Oh yum. Here is the description from their website: "Pie lovers will enjoy the sweet blend of pumpkin, real soft fruit and warm pie spices, sprinkled with pecans" It has a layer of pumpkin pie type filling on top.

I see on their site that they also have Dark Chocolate Coconut and Raspberry Chocolate. I need to get to the store!

Mishty

aluminum petunia
This weekend while babysitting for the local "hippies" from Wisconsin I found a lovely treat in the pantry!

Organic Fruit Leathers by Stretch Island Fruit Co.

These people had boxes and boxes of this lovely stuff...
Once I told the lady how much I loved it she told me to take it because they were going on vacation and need to empty the cupboards, which they usually give to food banks! I've been eating nothing but the Ripened Raspberry

And I got these in a care package a few weeks ago....I'm almost out, and wondering how to get my next fix.

Dark chocolate, raspberry jam,marshmellow and a lil soft cookie... only the Canucks could make something like this work.

Frankie

No longer a member
I hadn't heard of these until now - I'll have to look for them. They look fab!

The other is Kashi TLC Fruit and Grain Bars - Pumpkin Pie. Oh yum. Here is the description from their website: "Pie lovers will enjoy the sweet blend of pumpkin, real soft fruit and warm pie spices, sprinkled with pecans" It has a layer of pumpkin pie type filling on top.

I see on their site that they also have Dark Chocolate Coconut and Raspberry Chocolate. I need to get to the store!

Frankie

No longer a member
And from the freezer case at Whole Foods, Daphne Baking Company tarts. The chocolate tarts and lemon tarts are really wonderful (if expensive).

SoVerySoft

No fat no flavor
In Remembrance
...One is Trader Joe's Pita Bite Crackers with Sea Salt. OMG. I couldn't believe how delicious they were! They are very simple but have a great flavor and a wonderful crunch. I went back yesterday to stock up but they were out of stock! They did say they'd have them in sometime in the next few weeks. I will be calling every few days to check on them since after just one box I am addicted...
OK, since I know TJs private labels foods made by other companies, I decided to go looking for the original pita crackers...and I found these!

Sensible Portions Pita Bites

The nutritional info is the same and the pic on the box looks like MY crackers. They even have a sea salt variety.

And...they are sold at some grocery stores near me.

So, I know what I am doing tomorrow on my lunch hour!

altered states

señor member
And I got these in a care package a few weeks ago....I'm almost out, and wondering how to get my next fix.

Dark chocolate, raspberry jam,marshmellow and a lil soft cookie... only the Canucks could make something like this work.
Those are like Mallomars (with a raspberry kick), right?

http://www.taquitos.net/im/sn/Mallomars.jpg

Are they regional? I haven't had them in years, mostly because they're tough to find. Somehow I always found it comforting that they were seasonal, only selling in cooler months because the chocolate and marshmallow melts all over the place in summer. Means there's still a limit as to how far even a major food empire like Nabisco will go in pumping their stuff full of -ives and -oids.

I just had a neighbor turn me on to vanilla Blunt Wraps, but that's for another thread (or board).

MissToodles

dead peasant
It's easy to find mallomar variations. I just had a Colombian version by Nestle's the other day. I don't find them terribly hard to find at major chain supermarkets, but sometimes the box can be a bit dusty.

I've also seen those whippets at the local Stop & Shop. Have you explored any markets in Alabamy? They can't be too hard to find!

And I need those kashi pumpkin bars. My favorite kashi cookies were pulled because of the killer peanut butter scare.

ChubbyBubbles

Luke's Mommy

Sweet Mother of God! :eat2:

Cors

Delurking
UK folks, do check out the Options range of hot chocolate and cappucino!

Yes, it is low-cal but it doesn't taste icky at all! The hazelnut-flavoured hot chocolate is simply divine! The coconut is great too. I also like the belgian chocolate, mint and orange flavours. I find the white chocolate weird and cloying though. I am dying to try their Cappucinos!

Gingembre

radar detector
UK folks, do check out the Options range of hot chocolate and cappucino!

Yes, it is low-cal but it doesn't taste icky at all! The hazelnut-flavoured hot chocolate is simply divine! The coconut is great too. I also like the belgian chocolate, mint and orange flavours. I find the white chocolate weird and cloying though. I am dying to try their Cappucinos!
Ooh, I haven't had the hazelnut one...the Turkish Delight Hot Chocolate is my favourite. Although I often find myself using, like, twice as much powder as you're meant to. Oh well :)

Cors

Delurking
Ooh, I haven't had the hazelnut one...the Turkish Delight Hot Chocolate is my favourite. Although I often find myself using, like, twice as much powder as you're meant to. Oh well :)
Me too, I love my hot chocolate thick! I haven't tried the Turkish Delight, but I am so going to!

Mishty

aluminum petunia
Those are like Mallomars (with a raspberry kick), right?

http://www.taquitos.net/im/sn/Mallomars.jpg

Are they regional? I haven't had them in years, mostly because they're tough to find. Somehow I always found it comforting that they were seasonal, only selling in cooler months because the chocolate and marshmallow melts all over the place in summer. Means there's still a limit as to how far even a major food empire like Nabisco will go in pumping their stuff full of -ives and -oids.

I just had a neighbor turn me on to vanilla Blunt Wraps, but that's for another thread (or board).
Yep raspberry love inside....

Well we have Wal-mart and that's 'bout it!
However! I did find some at a "Salvage" type dicount food store we have!
It's full of weird stuff with typos, in Arabic or it just aint sellin!
Better yet, the boxes are only $1.19!
I bought about a dozen, because what you see on the shelf, is what you get. :( IT could be months before I see 'em again, so I stocked up.

You've seen nothing till you've seen Super Juicy, lit and ready.

It's easy to find mallomar variations. I just had a Colombian version by Nestle's the other day. I don't find them terribly hard to find at major chain supermarkets, but sometimes the box can be a bit dusty.

I've also seen those whippets at the local Stop & Shop. Have you explored any markets in Alabamy? They can't be too hard to find!

And I need those kashi pumpkin bars. My favorite kashi cookies were pulled because of the killer peanut butter scare.
I went and looked! Found them at United Grocery Outlet, it's a kind of Big Lots for off color food-stuffs! The cashier said it's weird I wanted something they'd never gotten before, or would probably wouldn't get again. :D

Dr. Feelgood

intellectual nerd
For those who love Mexican chocolate -- the kind with cinnamon in it -- there is an ice cream company out of S. Cal called 'Palapa Azul', and they make a Mexican chocolate ice cream. IMO it's better than any commercial chocolate ice cream except maybe Haagen-Dasz. They also make dulce de leche ice cream, which I haven't tried, and sweet corn ice cream (!) which my grocery doesn't stock. Ice cream fanatics will want to give them a try.

Tooz

sweet chocolate christ
omgomgomgomg Wegmans I MISS YOU WEGMANS :(...

D_A_Bunny

www.peaceoneday.org
My find is Sabra brand Hummus. They are so fresh and creamy and delicious. I think I might go broke trying them all.

AnotherJessica

I'm not really comfortable with giving Facebook un
omg tonight I found this asiago cheese and artichoke dip in Wegmans. It is amazing! The taste lingers in you mouth and it is great. You have to heat it up though and I found that it taste best with tortilla chips.
The best way to eat it is if you toast them because when the dip melts it is SO AMAZING!!! I'm also a huge fan of the buffalo blue cheese dip.

MissToodles

dead peasant
I can't find too much information online but I present Midor chocobisc cookies:

CHOCOBISC
Premium crisp meringue biscuits with hazelnut cream filling and coated in thick milk Swiss Chocolate.

Very good quality supermarket cookies but such a tiny package for $3.49. They only come in a pack of 10. There in the European and vaguely European-like cookie section.

View attachment np_choco-185.gif