Latest Food Discoveries - Share them here!

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

Dr. Feelgood

intellectual nerd
I have tried the new Chips Ahoy Root Beer Float cookies. You had to know I would. Surprisingly, they are not horrible. They really do have a slight root beer flavor. The taste of root beer in a cookie was more jarring than I expected, and while I'm enjoying the novelty I won't be buying them again. In summary, I respect they've made a product that tastes like what they call it - and I've certainly had worse. But it's just too strange. Root beer is to be drank, not eaten.
Back in the fifties someone came out with the idea of root-beer-flavored milk. It didn't do well.

Fuzzy

Just a dirty old man
Back in the fifties someone came out with the idea of root-beer-flavored milk. It didn't do well.
Utah missed the memo. A local cheese factory, Gossner, makes a form of pasteurized Ultra High Temperature milk, and boxes it in ready to use 8oz sizes. Their flavors include regular, lowfat, skim, regular and lowfat chocolate, strawberry, vanilla, and rootbeer.

In colllege I would get the regular because of its long shelf life, and limited room in the dorm fridge. I never tried the rootbeer.

dharmabean

♥ ɢrÃ¥тıтuɗɛ
OMG.. I am in heaven. I found these limited edition banana bread bagels from Thomas. . . I toasted it and put the cookie butter on it.

Foodgasm.

Skye23

Snyders of Hanover has just debuted a new product called Pretzel Spoonz.

They look exactly like the flat wooden spoons that come with dixie-cup style ice cream packs. I wish they were just a pinch saltier, but I'm a salt fiend.

So far I've tried them with Nutella and Peanut Butter. I have plans to try them with pimento cheese spread, horseradish cheese spread, blue cheese pecan spread and anything else that you can eat with a flat "spoon". My hubby has plans for Queso.

http://www.snydersofhanover.com/products/pretzel-spoonz.html

one2one

Sentient little hedonist
Snyders of Hanover has just debuted a new product called Pretzel Spoonz.

They look exactly like the flat wooden spoons that come with dixie-cup style ice cream packs. I wish they were just a pinch saltier, but I'm a salt fiend.

So far I've tried them with Nutella and Peanut Butter. I have plans to try them with pimento cheese spread, horseradish cheese spread, blue cheese pecan spread and anything else that you can eat with a flat "spoon". My hubby has plans for Queso.

http://www.snydersofhanover.com/products/pretzel-spoonz.html
That's brilliant!

p.s. Pretzels and hummus are great together.

BlackBBW2010

Cultivate your curves :)
I haven't tried these yet (i'm not even sure they're in Canada) but I wanted to share anyways.

Ben & Jerry's Cores.

I'm almost having an anxiety attack over their creation. Ice cream is my true love and nemesis. :eat1:

The Salted Caramel one: ultimate foodgasm!! They've been in UK/Ireland for a while, not sure if they are new to the US/Canada?

Saoirse

This is what dreams are made of....
OMG YES. I tried them a few days ago and nearly had to pull my car over, I was enjoying them so much! MMMM Its like 2 of my favorite candies had s delicious baby!

fat9276

Ritter Sport: A butter biscuit and cocoa cream coated in the most amazing milk chocolate.

Oh. My. Word. Where have these been all my life?!?!?! :eat2:

Dr. Feelgood

intellectual nerd
A company called Ketchonfire makes two ketchups flavored with peppers: ketchipeno and ketchipotle. I've tried the latter; it's slightly sweetish -- like a cross between ketchup and barbecue sauce -- and excellent on scrambled eggs (and I don't normally like ketchup on eggs). I think it would be great on hash browns, and will try it that way soonest.

View attachment ketchonfire.jpg

Fuzzy

Just a dirty old man
A company called Ketchonfire makes two ketchups flavored with peppers: ketchipeno and ketchipotle. I've tried the latter; it's slightly sweetish -- like a cross between ketchup and barbecue sauce -- and excellent on scrambled eggs (and I don't normally like ketchup on eggs). I think it would be great on hash browns, and will try it that way soonest.
Google has two links for that.. one of them is under construction while the second has a functioning store. I'm about to order both. :)

Dr. Feelgood

intellectual nerd
Google has two links for that.. one of them is under construction while the second has a functioning store. I'm about to order both. :)
Thanks for pointing this out, Fuzzy! The photo I posted is from the link under construction: I'm still thinking in terms of "look for it at the grocery" instead of "order it online." :doh:

Latest posts