Latest Food Discoveries - Share them here!

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

Fuzzy

Just a dirty old man
I assume yes, they are deep fried. Probably why I like them. Lol

Not sure why they called them rolled chicken tacos, tho. Really they are taquitos. Maybe they think most people don't know that word.

Want some NOW..

I've seen them named both ways, and yeah, if you want to sell something based on name recognition, nobody outside of the southwest is going to know a taquito from a flauta from a rolled taco. ;)

CrunchWrap Supreme is still my fav.

Dr. Feelgood

intellectual nerd
We now have a Freddie's Frozen Custard in my town. For my vegetarian cronies, their veggie burgers are the best! They're even better than Denny's, which has always been my standard of comparison. They also make a superior onion ring. :eat2:

SoVerySoft

No fat no flavor
I'm addicted to the rolled chicken tacos at Taco Bell. I get eight of them and can pick 4 dipping sauces. I get guacamole, cheese sauce, salsa and spicy ranch.

I'll be devastated if (when) they stop selling them.

I'm hooked. Crispy crunchy yumminess. And I am not a fan of Taco Bell in general.

...and....they're gone. I'm sad.

Recently started enjoying the empanadas at a very clean food truck on Port Reading Ave in Port Reading. The business is called "The Empanada Guy". There are multiple locations - not sure if it is a franchise arrangement.

No point in posting a photo of an empanada - they pretty much all look alike. These are the best I've tasted, though

SoVerySoft

No fat no flavor
Recently started enjoying the empanadas at a very clean food truck on Port Reading Ave in Port Reading. The business is called "The Empanada Guy". There are multiple locations - not sure if it is a franchise arrangement.

No point in posting a photo of an empanada - they pretty much all look alike. These are the best I've tasted, though

I'm know you're talking about New Jersey but no one else will know :)

I'm not a fan of empanadas. Maybe I just haven't had great ones! And posting food pics is always a good idea, even if you've seen one, seen 'em all!

Good to see you here, btw.

luvmybhm

waiting for spring!
my daughter and i went to the international market to pick some stuff up. her best friend is Korean and turned her on to these odd snacks called peanut puffs. they are a combination of a puffy outside that is sweet and tastes like a sugar cereal, then you get the peanut in the middle but the bite finished out with a shrimpy kinda taste. turns out they do have shrimp and cuttlefish in them. it was pretty good and an interesting new food.

View attachment 118238

Tracyarts

I just recently discovered Marmite.

I had read online somewhere that you could use Marmite to boost the flavor in stews, gravies, and glazes for roasted vegetables, so I bought a little jar. It works great for those things.

But the other day I made a piece of toast, spread some spreadable cheese on it (Kraft Old English Sharp Cheddar) and then spread the thinnest ever layer of Marmite on top of that.

O.M.G. It was amazing!

OriginalCyn

I plan to take a friend to try out this all-you-can-eat brunch on Sunday the 16th. Has anyone who lives in the Bay Area tried this place out yet? If so, how are the oysters and the carving stations? (The reason that I ask is because my friend likes to fill up on oysters, but if they're "Meh!" then the trip might not be as worthwhile.)

I think I'll fill up on the meat/shellfish dishes, mostly, but I'm gonna go for the dim sum and all of the other sides and desserts, as well--just a little taste of everything that looks good, then seconds on the best stuff.

luvmybhm

waiting for spring!
my aunt from texas mentioned these to me. i found them in the 'new item' section of the snack cake area. they are delish! they taste like soft peanut butter cookies! the middle is a very light peanut butter sort of fluffy icing. so good!

View attachment 120988

lucca23v2

Curves for miles
OMG!!!! How did I miss this?!?!?!?!

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RxrmbvFL4WU"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RxrmbvFL4WU[/ame]

one2one

Sentient little hedonist
My grocery store was doing a demo of these, and they are great. I took home the chicken ones but am going back for more. I'm not an expert on tamales, but they are delicious and super quick and easy to reheat.

Dr. Feelgood

intellectual nerd
Although I like several Middle Eastern dishes, I'm not always up for trying to make tzatziki sauce or baba ganouj* from scratch. So I am very happy to have discovered a company called Falafel King, which makes excellent versions of both.

*Eggplant makes me happy. I'm not sure why this is.

Orchid

I recently ordered food gifts online some Lindt chocolates/pralines at www.allyouneedfresh.de/
site is in german but if you put Lindt into search box top of page you can view their chocolates.

DianaSSBBW

My grocery store was doing a demo of these, and they are great. I took home the chicken ones but am going back for more. I'm not an expert on tamales, but they are delicious and super quick and easy to reheat.

Going to order these online for a gift, did you try any other ones to recommend?
Just wondering..

one2one

Sentient little hedonist
Going to order these online for a gift, did you try any other ones to recommend?
Just wondering..

I've also tried the black bean ones but would not recommend them because they are rather dry. Even when I used chili like a sauce and spooned it over the top of them. Let me know what your friend thinks of them! They come packaged in a cute cotton, draw-string bag.

Ruby Ripples

Dis Member
Sorry about the dark photo. I got this posh chocolate from Aldi. It is dark chocolate and comes in five little separately wrapped bars inside the main package. It has chocolate mousse inside, and lovely cherry syrup. However, it also contains red chilli which I had somehow missed on the packaging. The first I knew was that my lips were burning a bit. The chilli adds nothing flavour-wise and the chocolate would just be so much nicer without it.

View attachment Untitled.png

Latest posts