lbs/ft

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

steve-aka

I work at a hospital, and yesterday whilst setting up a piece of equipment in the OR I overheard the surgeon talking about a large and short patient he had. Unfortunately the talk was rather derogatory, (it really is quite depressing the amount of smack some of the people on the surgical team spew - especially the doctors - when the patient is under anesthesia, but that is a subject for another day).

At any rate, he had estimated how many pounds per foot this patient was. I can't remember what that estimate was but I was rather intrigued by this concept and thought it might be a fun and interesting thread here where we could deflate the defamatory sting and make it our own prideful and positive thing.

To get things started, here is my lbs/ft statistic: ~31.7 lbs/ft at 6.3 feet of total height.

debz-aka

What does this thing do?
Alright, I'll take that weight/height ratio challenge and I am a voluptuous
55.7 lbs per foot at 5.6 feet tall.
Next?;)

Suze

Too Vanilla For You
wouldn't it have been easier to just say: give me your height & weight stats pls

Totmacher

44.2 here.

wouldn't it have been easier to just say: give me your height & weight stats pls
It's a statistical measure. I think it's the precursor to BMI - they probably crunched the insurance numbers and noticed some correlation to incidence of something and weight over height.

comaseason

Housewares
Yeah... who wants to be bothered with all those pesky extra words.

Brevity is the language of kings Steve, remember that lest your story become tiresome. ;)

Forty-three point four zero pounds for each foot in my body.:D

mszwebs

For The WIN.
@ 5'9"... I'm 75.8 lbs per foot or 6.5 lbs per inch.

That is also based on what I weighed back in like.. September of last year, and I think I have lost a little recently so who knows.

But what ever. I think that 75.8 is PLENTY haha

steve-aka

Yeah... who wants to be bothered with all those pesky extra words.

Brevity is the language of kings Steve, remember that lest your story become tiresome. ;)

Forty-three point four zero pounds for each foot in my body.:D
Ah, come now, Laura, you should know me well enough by now to be aware of my tiresome ways and that the only thing brief about me is my underwear...er, on second thought, maybe you didn't know that latter factoid. Never mind...

Green Eyed Fairy

Funky Faerie Queene
Not sure if I did the math right....

50.64 lbs per foot

(270 @ 5' 4") divided 270 by 64 inches- then multiplied that number by 12