Loneliness

Discussion in 'BHM/FFA' started by PhatPhilosopher, Dec 14, 2018.

1. Dec 14, 2018 #1

PhatPhilosopher

PhatPhilosopher

PhatPhilosopher

What do you do when you have nothing left in the tank?

When every interaction with others leaves you cold?

When everything around you screams how ugly, pathetic & worthless you are?

I don’t know. Any ideas?

2. Dec 14, 2018 #2

AmyJo1976

AmyJo1976

AmyJo1976

FFA for life!

When I get to feeling like that I usually take a break from people. Do things that I like that don't involve anyone else. Not sure if that would work for you, but hope it helps :)

agouderia likes this.
  3. Dec 14, 2018 #3

BigElectricKat

BigElectricKat

BigElectricKat

Notice Anything Different? Global Moderator

I feel like that almost every day. But I try to focus on the rare good things that happen.

4. Dec 24, 2018 #4

Unbasher

Unbasher

Unbasher

I started therapy and after a few weeks already I felt myself changing. If that is not an option for you, have you tried emailing with someone from this community? Friendly words that you can save and read whenever you need them most might help.

5. Dec 24, 2018 #5

Rotwang

Rotwang

Rotwang

I can understand how depressed you must be feeling. I found two BOOKS that may be helpful. Both have won a truckload of awards. See their reviews on Amazon.com for complete details. "BREAKING OUT OF LONELINESS" and "HOW TO SURVIVE THE LOSS OF A LOVE".

6. Jan 14, 2019 #6

Frogman

Frogman

Frogman

My default is to wallow. Curl into a ball, hide, avoid, retract into myself.

However, I know deep down—and this has been confirmed by countless experiences—that some time spent in nature can be an effective antidote to this state of mind.
    Nature is fundamentally neutral. It doesn’t pass judgment, or demands. For me, a long walk in the woods, alone, feels a bit like “going home.”

If you have access to nature, try to take advantage of it—particularly when you feel this way.

7. Jan 24, 2019 #7

LarryTheNoodleGuy

LarryTheNoodleGuy

LarryTheNoodleGuy

I have ideas, having overcome loneliness and treating it as the momentary thought it is and then moving on, or calling someone - even the suicide hotline will listen to you if you're lonely - and then moving onto the next thing and, step by step, moving out of the darkness and into the relative light, after which we all die anyway.

I ask you though - WHO is SCREAMING? The trees? The grass? The toilet? If they are screaming, video it and make a mint on the viral video path! If not, might want to take a look at your drama, your old stories you have on "repeat" in ya head, your penchant for complaint.

I'm on your side and I've been there. Practially every day, I wake up in this state. Then I fight back. I take an immediate shower. I put on inspirational YouTube vids and listen while I make coffee. I straighten my place out. I make a list of what needs to be accomplished today no matter my feelings. March forth, like a soldier, a general. Fuck defeat, fuck inertia, fuck depression. I'm a fat tank mowing down all things in my path! I will bump obstacles out of the way with my big belly! FAT MAN IN DA HOUSE

Finally, be nice to Phat Philosopher - do his laundry, clean his house, buy him a cookie, or let him sit and sigh and gather his energy - and listen to Kirkegaarde a few more times.

8. Jan 24, 2019 #8

LizzieJones

LizzieJones

LizzieJones

I never allow myself to think like that. I might not be attractive to myself or many others but
    I am (in my opinion) a beautiful, kind, honest and intelligent person. I'm also no better then anyone else.
    We are ALL equal in my eyes.

BigElectricKat and bigisland like this.
  9. Jan 24, 2019 #9

BigElectricKat

BigElectricKat

BigElectricKat

Notice Anything Different? Global Moderator

I second that opinion!;)

LizzieJones likes this.
  10. Jan 25, 2019 #10

Shotha

Shotha

Shotha

I don't ever feel lonely. I think that this is to do with my feeling of connection with other beings, i.e. other human beings, animals and plants. I'm always aware of life all around me. And, of course, it fits in very well with the well known experience of serenity and warmth that pets bring people. I believe that Mother Nature has a place for us all. Otherwise we wouldn't be here. Although I never experience loneliness, I do have times when I feel down and these things help me then, too.

A couple of years ago, I started to study the Sanskrit language and through this I was introduced to a book called the Bhagavad Gita, the most popular book of the Hindu scriptures. I'm not suggesting that people should convert to Hinduism. However, the book contains a great deal of advice about mastering ones feelings. Much of this advice is now a well established part of modern mainstream medicine. The Bhagavad Gita explains how to let our happiness come from within ourselves rather than letting it depend on other people and circumstances. I find that putting these ideas into practice helps me to minimize misery and maximize happiness. I now understand that the rest of the world doesn't owe me their approval of my mind and body. What counts is that I feel happy with my mind and body.

I believe that being active helps us to keep our mood buoyant. Hobbies, interests, friends, pets, creating a living space that suits us are all things, which can help. I believe the Greek proverb, which says that "Life dries tears away." When we are down, it's no use moping around and feeling sorry for ourselves. The sooner we pick ourselves up and carry on with our lives, the sooner we start to feel good again. Sometimes it can be hard to do but the effort to do this is well worthwhile. If you feel miserable, you should put a fake smile on your face. That fake smile will soon turn into a real one. Even a fake smile will help to stop negative thoughts from entering your head.

agouderia likes this.
  11. Feb 22, 2019 #11

escapist

escapist

escapist

Belt Buster!

I go for a walk and work on creating the life I want and visualizing it as I walk.

LoveDDD likes this.