Looking for fat-friendly tool to check if floor is flat

Discussion in 'Fat in the Media' started by bluegra52, Sep 25, 2012.

1. Sep 25, 2012 #1

bluegra52

bluegra52

bluegra52

Hello,

I am a fat man with a problem. I am likely going to be searching for a new apartment in the coming months. My current apartment has a very crooked floor, which is somewhat irritating if you use chairs with wheels as they tend to roll towards a specific spot. Although I realize that most apartments have somewhat crooked floors, I would like to find an apartment with a less crooked floor. I am looking for an instrument to do this.

I realize I can use a leveler, but new problem is you have to hunch over to Arab the results and pick it up. Like a number of fat people I find squatting and hunching over quickly exhaust me. Thus I believe that the best thing to use would be a bouncy ball on a string. I realize a yoyo wou ld also work but it only usually rolls along one dimension.

I could've sworn I saw just plain bouncy balls with strings coming out of them when I was growing up but I am having trouble finding one online. Can anyone either suggest another tool or point me in the direction of where I can find such a ball online or in a store? I would appreciate any help that anyone can provide.

Thanks.

moore2me likes this.
  2. Sep 25, 2012 #2

moore2me

moore2me

moore2me

Lions don't need to spank

1. Reacher

2. Marbles or ball bearings

3. Sep 26, 2012 #3

bluegra52

bluegra52

bluegra52

Thanks for the suggestions. I actually was pleasantly surprised to see a reacher for sale at my local CVS. What do you think the best way would be to travel with it? Put it in a backpack or just carry it by my side? The one thing I'm worried about is that it may look a little strange to the realtor. It's an excellent tool and totally legitimate of course but what's the etiquette with bringing one of those? Thanks again.

4. Sep 26, 2012 #4

moore2me

moore2me

moore2me

Etiquette?

You have to understand I am from Arkansas. No one would care or notice if I was carrying a reacher. Nor would they care if I was carrying a civil war rifle, or machete, or a horse halter with a rope, or 12 feet of chain and a padlock. If they were a transplanted Yankee and did ask, my answers would be
    1. Rifle - I am going to a Civil War reinactment this afternoon. I am going to lead the battle of Palarm Creek. My horse is in the parking lot in his horse trailer. The horse halter and rope are to get him out of the trailer.
    2. Machete - My mom wants me to come weed her flower bed. I am going there after I leave here. I have to bring this thing with me when I go in cause folks are always trying to steal it.
    3. Chain and lock - I told mom I would take her pitbull for a walk this afternoon. I need this to keep him from running off.

Enough about me, now you------------------------------------------

3. If you think the reacher needs to be defended, put a big bow on it and tell them you are giving this to your mom this afternoon as a present. You are testing it to see how it works.

4. Or if you want to forget about the Bull Sh*t and tell the truth. . . . Say "I need this reacher to help me pick stuff up off the floor. I can't bend over very well - I have back trouble. My condition is covered by the ADA regulations and I appreciate your understanding and help.

Tad likes this.
  5. Sep 27, 2012 #5

Dromond

Dromond

Dromond

Old school

https://www.facebook.com/john.m.pedigo, M
    If you need it, you need it. That's all that matters. There is no "etiquette" involved. If someone gets nosy, tell them the truth. Or tell them to mind their own business. Whichever works better for the situation.

6. Sep 28, 2012 #6

moore2me

moore2me

moore2me

Hey bluegra52,

If you are interested in some really neat etiquette rules that are sometimes bizarre, I have a hard copy of one Emily Post's books that has got to be one of her first (at least 80 years old). It talks about stuff ladies should follow like having a maid or an aid with them on a train, wearing gloves in public, and don't talk to strangers unless you have been formally introduced and a lot of other rules that no one does now.

7. Dec 19, 2012 #7

Corwynis

Corwynis

Corwynis

If the realtor/property manager has an issue with it, politely thank them for their time, and leave.