• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Dimensions Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Buy Looking for old Dimensions back issues!

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

GM1701

Hi everyone! Does anyone have any back issues of Dimensions that they would part with or sell?

I'm looking to complete my collection. So far I have 23 issues; I've attached an image of which ones I have.

I have issues:
  • 41-45
  • 49-61
  • 63-64

Please reply or DM me if you have any I'm missing and we can work something out! Or if you know where they are still available, please let me know... I've had a very difficult time finding any these days.

Thanks 😁

Attachments

• DimIssues.jpg
    DimIssues.jpg
    111.9 KB · Views: 92

Yuuuuuoa

Hi, I don't have any of them, but I'm looking for them as well. If you have any duplicates that you are willing to sell, please let me know.

Skinny1

I'm looking for a specific story. The author is Margaret O'HARA. "Body Building': Fat by choice."
Thanks.

Sorry, I’m not going to be much help here but reading this thread and seeing the back issues you have is sort of mind blowing to me. I knew Dims used to be a published magazine, but actually seeing the copies brought forth the reality in my mind that people worked on this magazine. Were there professional models and photographers? Were there staff writers? Who was the editor? Are any of these people still in the community? Or are we all just occupying the space they created and abandoned long ago? Obviously the admins do all the upkeep, but who pays for the domain? Is it anyone who was involved when the physical magazine was still in production? Or has it changed hands so many times the current owner is too far removed to know anything about back issues?

Maybe this is all common knowledge and I’m just super out of the loop?

CurvyEm2

I'll message the old owner and I believe editor and creator of it and see if he has any ideas where to get back copies.

CurvyEm2

History of dims for you :) Dimensions Magazine - BBW Wiki
Sorry, I’m not going to be much help here but reading this thread and seeing the back issues you have is sort of mind blowing to me. I knew Dims used to be a published magazine, but actually seeing the copies brought forth the reality in my mind that people worked on this magazine. Were there professional models and photographers? Were there staff writers? Who was the editor? Are any of these people still in the community? Or are we all just occupying the space they created and abandoned long ago? Obviously the admins do all the upkeep, but who pays for the domain? Is it anyone who was involved when the physical magazine was still in production? Or has it changed hands so many times the current owner is too far removed to know anything about back issues?

Hey there. I started Dimensions Magazine, which initially was NAAFA's FASIG (Fat Admirer Special Interest Group) publication, back in 1984. Later I also started the Dimensions Chat, and then this forum.

Just to answer a few of your questions:

Initially, the FASIG was just a black and white newsletter, and it was "printed" on a copy machine. In time I changed the name to "Dimensions -- Where Big is Beautiful". The first "real" magazine -- 40 pages of glossy paper with the first all color photo cover -- came in 1991, issue #42. From then on, Dimensions grew and grew, helped by appearances on several of the major talk shows of the day. Dimensions Magazine continued for another 11 years. The final issue, #88, was published in 2002. Dimensions was always "semi-professional." I ran and produced it, but we had a number of regular contributors and columnists. Photo features were mostly done by enthusiasts. We often had hundreds of personal ads, and each issue had 64 pages. Dimensions was always about celebrating the beauty and appreciation of the fat body. There was no explicit nudity in it, ever, and not even a nipple. When printing a glossy mag as a side job became simply too expensive, Dimensions Chat, one of the earliest real-time interactive streaming chat systems, became very popular. The current forum began, if I remember correctly, in 2005, and I ran it first on my own servers and then on a dedicated host until around 2015, then passed it on to what I believe is still the current owners. I've now been away for over seven years and occasionally stop by. It warms my heart every time to see that my creation is still alive. I am not sure if I know any of the current moderators. We all used to be a closely-knit family. I am attaching a very compressed PDF version of the final issue.

Attachments

• Dim88_screen_comp.pdf
    3.4 MB · Views: 4
Last edited:
Wow, thank you for the insight! It’s cool you’re still running the site after all this time. I had no idea Dimensions went back so far! I knew it was one of the very first hubs for fat appreciation, at least as the internet goes, but I didn’t know it went back to ‘84! One year before I was born. I assumed it was just a year or two ahead of some of the other early sites back in the mid ‘90s.
Thank you for building Dimensions both into what it was, and into what it is today. If it wasn’t for Dimensions, a lot of other fat acceptance/fat appreciation sites may have never been!

CurvyEm2

It's crazy that the first version of Dims started the year I was born yet I've been here for about 24/25 years. (Yes I was naughty and joined underage lol) Of all the websites that I spent time on when I first accessed the internet this is the only one left.

Wow, thank you for the insight! It’s cool you’re still running the site after all this time. I had no idea Dimensions went back so far! I knew it was one of the very first hubs for fat appreciation, at least as the internet goes, but I didn’t know it went back to ‘84! One year before I was born. I assumed it was just a year or two ahead of some of the other early sites back in the mid ‘90s.
Thank you for building Dimensions both into what it was, and into what it is today. If it wasn’t for Dimensions, a lot of other fat acceptance/fat appreciation sites may have never been!
Thank you. Yes, things go way back. Just to be clear, though — I am not running it anymore, and haven’t for the past seven years.

GM1701

Hey there. I started Dimensions Magazine, which initially was NAAFA's FASIG (Fat Admirer Special Interest Group) publication, back in 1984. Later I also started the Dimensions Chat, and then this forum.

Just to answer a few of your questions:

Initially, the FASIG was just a black and white newsletter, and it was "printed" on a copy machine. In time I changed the name to "Dimensions -- Where Big is Beautiful". The first "real" magazine -- 40 pages of glossy paper with the first all color photo cover -- came in 1991, issue #42. From then on, Dimensions grew and grew, helped by appearances on several of the major talk shows of the day. Dimensions Magazine continued for another 11 years. The final issue, #88, was published in 2002. Dimensions was always "semi-professional." I ran and produced it, but we had a number of regular contributors and columnists. Photo features were mostly done by enthusiasts. We often had hundreds of personal ads, and each issue had 64 pages. Dimensions was always about celebrating the beauty and appreciation of the fat body. There was no explicit nudity in it, ever, and not even a nipple. When printing a glossy mag as a side job became simply too expensive, Dimensions Chat, one of the earliest real-time interactive streaming chat systems, became very popular. The current forum began, if I remember correctly, in 2005, and I ran it first on my own servers and then on a dedicated host until around 2015, then passed it on to what I believe is still the current owners. I've now been away for over seven years and occasionally stop by. It warms my heart every time to see that my creation is still alive. I am not sure if I know any of the current moderators. We all used to be a closely-knit family. I am attaching a very compressed PDF version of the final issue.
Wow, I didn't realize there was such a history either. Thank you so much for starting Dimensions!

Here's an update on which issues I have now:
  • 41-45
  • 49-61
  • 63-64
  • 70-74
  • 84 (I mistakenly marked that as 83 previously)
From the sound of it, the early FASIG issues sound extremely rare, so I'm limiting my collection to at least all the full color Dimensions issues (or possibly all Dimensions issues). In that case, I'm looking for:
  • 46 (December 1991)
  • 48 (March 1992)
  • 62 (November 1994)
  • 65-69 (June 1995 - April 1996)
  • 75-76 (July - September 1997)
  • 78-83 (February 1998 - September 1999)
  • 85-88 (June 2000 - April 2002)
If anyone has any old issues they're willing to part with, please PM me or reply to this thread!